racey Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    racey wrote: »

There are threads like this all over the net, and Amazon are well aware of the dissatisfaction.

Sadly, though, whilst we all keep buying from Amazon regardless (as most of us still do because of the prices and the backup, both of which are rather better than John Lewis) nothing is going to change.
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    I must be one of the few people never to have had a problem with missing parcels delivered by AL. On two occasions I've had a parcel turn up a day late but each time I was offered a month's extension to my Prime account to compensate.

I order from Amazon several times a week, some are delivered by Royal Mail but the majority come via AL, without any issues whatsoever. If I'm not home then they leave it in my parcel box.
  • techno12
    techno12 Posts: 720 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No problems for me either, and they're brilliant in that they deliver on a Sunday.

My latest order (free supersaver delivery), was ordered last Friday afternoon and a delivery attempt was made on Saturday (I was out). They delivered it on Sunday morning.

Doesn't get much better than that!
  • AJXX
    AJXX Posts: 847 Forumite
    Options
    techno12 wrote: »
    My latest order (free supersaver delivery), was ordered last Friday afternoon and a delivery attempt was made on Saturday (I was out). They delivered it on Sunday morning.

That's great and all, but I think the majority of complainers (such as myself) pay 70 odd quid per year for Prime, and as such when we order an item which states "Want it Monday?" we actually expect it to arrive on Monday - but due to failings with AL the item either turns up several days later or goes missing entirely which results in spending an hour on live chat forcing Amazon to refund the item.

To be fair to them, they seem to have improved significantly in my area, but I'm still seeing regular failings to actually deliver on the day specified.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I've not had a problem in my area as regards to delivering by the deadline.

What I hate is the regressive, all day delivery slots.

Amazon used to send one item I order alot via DPD, so it's gone from 1 hour window to 16!

Plenty of retailers and delivery companies now manage better delivery windows, it's about time that all day slots died out.
  • GreatBeyond
    Options
    KxMx wrote: »
    I've not had a problem in my area as regards to delivering by the deadline.

What I hate is the regressive, all day delivery slots.

Amazon used to send one item I order alot via DPD, so it's gone from 1 hour window to 16!

Plenty of retailers and delivery companies now manage better delivery windows, it's about time that all day slots died out.

If you don't want all day slots pay the extra for Express or Evening Delivery.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,271 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If you don't want all day slots pay the extra for Express or Evening Delivery.

That's all well and good, but before Amazon Logistics came on the scene the one hour delivery slot was standard with Amazon Prime - via DPD.

Having to pay extra (over and above the £79 pa already being paid for Prime) isn't exactly the sort of customer service Amazon prides itself on!
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Options
    Doc_N wrote: »
    That's all well and good, but before Amazon Logistics came on the scene the one hour delivery slot was standard with Amazon Prime - via DPD.

Having to pay extra (over and above the £79 pa already being paid for Prime) isn't exactly the sort of customer service Amazon prides itself on!

You were extremely lucky to have DPD deliver your Amazon parcels. The majority were delivered via Hermes and Royal Mail before they introduced their own logistics company. And you certainly didn't get an ETA from either of those.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    You were extremely lucky to have DPD deliver your Amazon parcels. The majority were delivered via Hermes and Royal Mail before they introduced their own logistics company. And you certainly didn't get an ETA from either of those.

Not really. Amazon use many carriers depending on factors such as size,warehouse,time of order,method selected etc.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback