PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

KonMari 2018 - The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    KM'd my old bike, that I never ever used today. I put it at the front of the house with a notice saying "renovation project please take" and it was gone in 15 minutes :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • GreyQueen
    GreyQueen Posts: 13,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    KM'd my old bike, that I never ever used today. I put it at the front of the house with a notice saying "renovation project please take" and it was gone in 15 minutes :)
    :p Nice one. Someone I know made a Free please take sign to put out with her bike. Took the bike out the front of her house, leaned it against the wall, went back in for the sign and came straight out to find the bike had already been taken!:rotfl:
    Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.
    John Ruskin
    Veni, vidi, eradici
    (I came, I saw, I kondo'd)
  • PollyWollyDoodle
    Options
    Great idea, Karmacat! I still haven't Freecycled the bike(s) in the garage because I'm slightly embarassed about how old and rusty they are. Describing it as a renovation project - genius.
    Life is mainly froth and bubble: two things stand like stone. Kindness in another’s trouble, courage in your own.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Got some free mascara and lippy the other day as a free gift when I bought other products. Didn't want either, so gifted on to my friend today. Love it when I can pass things on like that.
    Tomorrow I am taking the old pillows to the dog charity and some old clothes to the Sally Army recycling bank. Also a few bits to go to CS, unwanted bits and bobs that I found when tidying bedroom the other day. If I have time I will start on the kitchen, but got a feeling it may have to wait till the weekend or next week.
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Had a bit of a mocchy day today. Thought we were going out as neither of had work today but DH attacked the garden so I mooched inside. Actually, I think I have a cold threatening :(
    I have got lots of small bits of domestic admin done. Each one taking less than 15 mins and each had been sidelined. Feels good to have Kondo'd them :)

Random kondo-ing, which I know is against the rules but it suited today!
    One mid-sized purse into CS bag;
    4 jam jars surplus to requirements, to Aunt for chutney!
    New public liability insurance paid and docs printed* for file. Prev insurance doc destroyed.
    Receipts for client's shopping scanned and forwarded with invoice.

*I print it so I can show clients. Destroy old one because the insurance company has the old records and I have a scanned copy of the immediately preceding period of cover.

Hair cut tomorrow and I can't wait. It's too long atm! I took a good look this morning and see that I can no longer claim to have fair hair. It is very much 'salt and pepper' :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Ahh, I need to kondo my last box of hair dye as i shan't bother with that again :D
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Kondoed a lot of small cardboard boxes and packaging to a local contact I found through fr**gle a couple of years ago - I just message her when there is a build up and she takes away - has on online business selling vintage china. This lot was left over from Christmas and birthday online orders. Also took some old carpet to recycle centre - some was repurposed .
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,987 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    MMF have you checked with the insurance company about the certificates? I know that Employers Liability have to be kept for 40 years
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Slinky, I take your point about insurance. Employers liability is kept for so long because of potential claims for industrial illness. I have had the same public liability policy since I started, same policy number etc. Insurance Company confirmed this and that it's ok to keep e-copies of prev certs. Reckon that's oK. I have just found out that I have to keep all paperwork relating to administering Dad's estate for 20 years!

Need to check freezer contents to sort something for tea. May try and persuade DH to have fish. I know we have Lots of that in the freezer!
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    :p Nice one. Someone I know made a Free please take sign to put out with her bike. Took the bike out the front of her house, leaned it against the wall, went back in for the sign and came straight out to find the bike had already been taken!:rotfl:
    I wondered about writing something about that - because it had been out there for two days by the time I got round to writing the sign :j
    Great idea, Karmacat! I still haven't Freecycled the bike(s) in the garage because I'm slightly embarassed about how old and rusty they are. Describing it as a renovation project - genius.
    Thanks :D but I understand the slight embarrassment - I couldn't bring myself to put it on freecycle, this was just about people walking by and seeing it, so they could see exactly how decrepit it was :D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    most vegetable oils are very unstable and easily break down into nasties. They should be kept cool and dark and bought in small bottles. I personally only use cold pressed rapeseed and olive oil and of course butter and lard

I am giving my warm red duffel coat its last chance today and during the forthcoming cold spell. I will keep it if it feels comfortable when out later but if not then will have to pass it on to cs. It has been hanging in the hall in eyesight all winter but it was never that cold out
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure