PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• fantasia322
    Options
    Heating is OFF and will stay that way until it is needed. I dont have little children around (all grown up). OH and I can improvise and make our own heat, add layers, or cudle up on sofa etc.

I WILL use heating when the weather is really bad, but so far (East coast of Scotland) its fine. Have put an extra duvet on bed though lol
  • fantasia322
    Options
    Ada3050 wrote: »
    Still off...:j

However having a trial run tonight of some compressed sawdust logs to see how long they burn for. Wanted to test them for mid week fires after work.

They are too long for my victorian fire surround so broke them in to thirds and they burn quite well. Got nearly 2 hours from them before I put some wood on.

Love your signature, says it all really :)
  • quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    my heatings off but it has been on for 2 hrs this week (at different times) when a 5 year old says there cold it's hard to say well heatings to expensive thankfully my house holds heat well so havnet had to use much
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    For the last couple of mornings, we have been putting the heating on in the mornings for an hour or so. We have a one year old, so I don't want it getting too cold for him.

About 2 years ago, OH insulted most of the loft, (bar a little section at the back) and we have really noticed the difference as the heat remains in the house for so much longer. In fact, it feels nice now even though the heating hasn't been on since this morning (we live in a terrace, so I suspect that we get our neighbours heat as well). The only area in the house where we can feel the chilll is the area of the loft which hasn't been insulsted.
  • mumnotplusone
    Options
    Mine is still OFF!

I think, well children are cosy in bed so I'm not putting it on for me!

Sometimes have had 3 cardis on and blanket under and over me on sofa. If worst comes to it, i'll just go to bed too!
    Not so windy tonight so can't comment as to whether my new fleece curtain linings are helping.
  • sukysue
    sukysue Posts: 1,823 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Heating off here in south wales like to keep mine off as long as poss think we don't usually have it on till October if we can help it.....but if it gets that bad we will have to I SPOSE LOL!
    xXx-Sukysue-xXx
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We still have the heating off, it is cold in the mornings but I find if I rush about enough cleaning and organising the day I hardly notice :rotfl:

At nights a hot bath, PJs and a dressing gown is enough to keep me snuggly till bed. I am sure we had our heating on really early last year and I want to hold off as long as is sensible this year :D
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • jpscloud
    jpscloud Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    Mine's still off, the boiler fires up for hot water for an hour in the morning and two in the evening at the moment. Due to some valve thingie not being exactly right (at least I think that's what someone who knows about central heating pipes and whatnot mumbled) the upstairs radiators go warm when the boiler is heating water. I've never worried about that, and it does warm the upstairs a bit for when I get up and go to bed. Although it's a bit chilly in the mornings now I'm delaying putting on the full central heating for as long as I can.
    I believe in the freedom of spinach and the right to arm bears.

Weight loss journey started January 2015
    -32lbs
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 September 2011 at 10:15PM
    Options
    The battle has commenced! DP says because we have put wood floor down it's now unbearable and he needed the heating on. I switched it off 5 minutes later. Told him to go put some proper clothes on instead of a pair of 3/4 length trousers no socks, top or anything. T*t.

Oh and the boys are fine, 1 piece sleep suits from Primark, a shop I don't use much but what a find! 10 and 12 year olds can still look cute lol
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My heating is still off :) Because of the rain i have had to use tumble dryer so i put it on tonight as the air is cooler in the evening and the tumble dryer does throw some heat out
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income