Go Compare's Insurance feedback

Options

Comments

• Omega_1
    Omega_1 Posts: 233 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tried to use site - got to car details and kept saying 'timed out' despite new attempts............ their loss
  • jackieg2012
    Options
    BRILLIANT - Got House Insurance with lots of extra benefits through GO COMPARE with Swinton only £134!!!!!!!!!!! :p
  • Popz
    Popz Posts: 51 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got a quote from GoCompare for car insurance - logged back in a couple of days later and the prices had gone up 30%.. Can someone explain why?
  • dwsjarcmcd
    dwsjarcmcd Posts: 1,855 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Popz wrote: »
    Got a quote from GoCompare for car insurance - logged back in a couple of days later and the prices had gone up 30%.. Can someone explain why?

Yes, it will be one of two things or possibly both. You either chose a company such as Hastings or Swintons who only guarantee the price at the time you got the quote. If you come back and log on the price may have changed (they can and do change these regularly).

The other option is you have changed your details, such as change an excess or whatever. This is effectively a new quote and even when your previous prices is guaranteed for 30 days, this overwrites you previous details and generates a new prices
  • zuliano
    zuliano Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    I am beyond furious. I am really struggling to help my mum try and get a better cheaper car insurance, and yesterday here I contacted FOUR people by private email to see if anyone could help. Not ONE reply. I have just spent the best part of an hour checking out the 'top comparison sites' as listed by here, Gocomapre, and when i finally clicked the 'get quote' am told 'THERE'S BEEN AN ERROR', and when i tried to click the back button EVERYTHING has gone and I would have to begin again!!!!!
  • hotbern
    hotbern Posts: 130 Forumite
    Options
    Under Go Compare's website, when you go to enter occupation and enter houseparent, there is no matching business that you can enter, however you can't carry on with the quote unless you enter something here!:mad:
    June 2009 - Wii; December 2009 - Fortnum & Mason Hamper; 2009 - Little Red Tractor DVD; How to afford time off work book; April 2010 - Mamas & Papas Pram; May 2010 - Imperial Leather Goodies; Jan 2011 - Trivial Pursuit cards; Narnia goodies; VTech cot mobile (stopped comping!) Nov 2011 - Kiddicare cotbed.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hotbern wrote: »
    Under Go Compare's website, when you go to enter occupation and enter houseparent, there is no matching business that you can enter, however you can't carry on with the quote unless you enter something here!:mad:

Does it offer Domestic Service as a a type of business so you would be House Parent - Domestic Service
  • DS_BB
    DS_BB Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    zuliano wrote: »
    'THERE'S BEEN AN ERROR', and when i tried to click the back button EVERYTHING has gone and I would have to begin again!!!!!

GoCompare Website I had exactly the same issue, it's like they don't want the business. It also kept telling me the date was wrong even when I selected today. It must be within 30days. Checked the PC date / time was correct just in case, it was. When I got it to move on completed the details and 'THERE'S BEEN AN ERROR', What a waste of time!:mad:
  • rudekid48
    rudekid48 Posts: 2,382 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That post you quoted was fro August 2013, I very much doubt that the same issue has been around for all of that time.
    All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.
  • DS_BB
    DS_BB Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rudekid48 wrote: »
    That post you quoted was fro August 2013,
    Same error message, different time frame, poor site. Now not bothering with the GoCompare don't work / error message site.
    Comparethemarket seems to be working just fine, just got my quotes there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure