Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    *sneaks back in*:o.

Sorry, I did it again! Thanks to those who checked up on me, I’m fine, just somehow got out of the habit of posting.

My Mum has just returned from a nightmare holiday, everything that could go wrong, did. You wouldn’t believe it if I told you!! I’ve spent a fair bit of time filling out online forms for her here while she was still away, and I probably have more to do for her now she’s back. MiL goes on holiday tomorrow (hopefully more successfully than Mum) and I’ve been helping her sort travel insurance etc, along with home insurance which has also been due for her. DH and I have both had hospital appointments, I’ve been feeding Mum’s cat every day while they were away, and I’ve started Christmas shopping. I think these have been the main reason my time has been disappearing!!

On the positive, I’ve now lost 15lbs in 5 weeks, and I’ve won a posh bottle of prosecco and a £10 voucher. Both squirrelled away for Christmas!!

DH and I have fallen out big style tonight :(. I’m fed up and he thinks I’m ‘attacking anf negative’. Sigh Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,434 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Attacking & negative ~~ You ~~ :eek:
    If Mr SA lived with me then he would know what attaking & negative was :mad: xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss that's amazing :T.

Sorry you've fallen out with DH :(.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    We’ve been to a performance review for DS1 at high school today, and I’m bursting with pride. He’s performing above predicted and is expected to get 6s and 7s at GCSEs, which is As & Bs to you and I :T. He even got a £10 voucher from the school for his good behaviour :A:.

I had a phone call from the hospital earlier, asking me to go back in for more gallbladder tests tomorrow :eek:. I can’t eat in the morning, and I have to take some whole milk and a mars bar in with me which I may have to eat/drink before the second lot of tests, depending on the results of the first ones!! Do they not know I’m on a diet lol :rotfl:.

I’ve won a book which will go in DS2’s present pile for Christmas :T
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Well done to DS1, you must be so proud :). Great news about the book win too.

Good luck with the hospital tests tomorrow.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    Options
    Well done to DS1, you must be so proud :). Great news about the book win too.

Good luck with the hospital tests tomorrow.

From me too:T
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,376 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done to DS :j

Sorry you’ve had a fallout with Mr Lucky :( I fall out with Mr SA all the time but it’s always one sided, he never sees a problem, which is very very annoying :(

Good luck at the hospital. Don’t know how I’d cope with being told to take whole milk and a mars bar as I hate milk and would struggle to eat a mars bar. Must be a method in their madness. Fingers crossed xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Thanks all :A.

SA, I’m not looking forward to the ‘picnic’ tomorrow either. I don’t hate milk, but I rarely have it, and the creamiest I ever have is semi skimmed. The thought of whole milk makes me gag slightly. I’m also not keen on Mars Bars, never have been. Now, if I had to have a Snickers or something I’d be more interested :rotfl:.

Mr Lucky and I have been ok, but mainly because I’ve just pretty much ignored the fact we argued. He’s been rather forgetful/contradictory today, so it might all be connected. Things like saying he didn’t want lunch because he wasn’t hungry, and then 10 minutes later asking how long lunch would be because he was starving :wall:
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,861 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Brill news about DS1.... isn't it great when there's something lovely to celebrate. :j

It can't be easy coping with Mr Lucky. ((((hugs))))

Hope things go well at the hospital. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed. XX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope today went ok xx

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback