christmas elf 2010

Options

Comments

• brudie25
    Options
    I can't wait for the arrival of Jingle Tumbleflump again this year - we had so much fun last year with him and my daughter!
  • brudie25
    Options
    I'd love to swap Christmas cards with any other elves! What do I need to do!?!
  • lexuslass
    lexuslass Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    Options
    brudie25 wrote: »

Just PM other elf nutters with your elves names and addresses!!

My two thought it was hilarious last year - the elves getting post!! :rotfl:
  • lexuslass
    lexuslass Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    Options
    Amy... just a thought... and sorry!! more work for you I know :o

But maybe you could highlight the elves on your list on the first page that are on facebook in red or something? x
  • yummy-mummy-amy
    Options
    but hope I have a few more years of magic left for him.. .

my eldest will be 9 in november and he still believes, he has been told not to say about them at school as last year some of the kids picked on him cos of them. he has already asked if we can write to santa asking for them again - bit too early!!

Also found this, although a bit pricey at £14 but really good little gift..... personalised Elf bauble.....

http://www.gift-rush.co.uk/gift/Cheeky-Elf-Bauble/

the are for sale on ebay cheaper - but my thought was white baubles n acrylic paint (£3 a box wilkinsons!)

as the other reply said PM your elf names and your address to anyone that wants to do a swap - IF we had 1 person who would accept the role of taking ALL PM,s making a list of them and then sending that it may be abit easier i dont know. just a thought. (i've not got time what with passports etc).

Amy... just a thought... and sorry!! more work for you I know :o

But maybe you could highlight the elves on your list on the first page that are on facebook in red or something? x

i can do BUT i dont know all of them - some of what my elves have are from the USA sites.
    due to spilling coffee :coffee: on my keyboard it works when it wants to :rotfl:

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • yummy-mummy-amy
    Options
    hi,

got a question for you -

i had a thought for the evles to go "hot air ballooning" - helium balloon(s) attached to a small basket with elf sat in it. (this will be inddors - near the ceiling etc!) now the question is - will 1 helium balloon be strong enough to lift basket and elf or will i need more than 1? if so how many???

on the same night i plan to cover my floor in normal xmas balloons and red, white and green balloons.
    due to spilling coffee :coffee: on my keyboard it works when it wants to :rotfl:

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • little_evo
    Options
    Hi Amy I think it is going to depend on on heavy your elves are, but right off the bat I would think one balloon isn't going to be enough. I know if your elf if anything like my JJ Jingles he would need A LOT of balloons to help him out.:D lol This year we are having three move elves visit our house as a few months ago a nice lady on ebay was selling job lots of three hand knitted elves for next to nothing and I had to buy them. However they are a lot smaller than JJ Jingles and was thinking of passing them off as his three naughty nephews or something along those lines and still have not come up with any names yet as I need to get ready for December as the kids are already getting excited about it and it really did make the entire month feel even more special!
  • yummy-mummy-amy
    yummy-mummy-amy Posts: 1,074 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 September 2011 at 4:50PM
    Options
    think i may have to weigh the elves! but still not sure how much weight a helium balloon can lift. lol!

edit - just googled and found this - you would need 3,517 helium balloons to lift an 8stone person!!! and i no they not that heavy. lol!

do u want all 3 to begin with the same letter? are they all the same age?

member 1254 sealed pot 4
  • little_evo
    Options
    Yes, since they are dressed alike but done in different colours they are coming in as triplets, so the same age! They don't have to have the same letter, but I wouldn't mind that either. I figure since they are so much smaller than JJ (who is the size of a small child!) they can get into even more trouble which my kids would love.
  • Legendmum
    Legendmum Posts: 2,833 Forumite
    Options
    I am having serious issues trying to set up an account for my elf! Twinkle Starlight keeps getting rejected from the automated approval system!!??
    :xmassmile**New** Thrifty Gifty Money Making for Christmas and all occasions 2012**:xmassmile
    Member No. 11 of Happy Chappy's Clip Strip Club! ;):dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport