The Great 'shrinking food and other items' Hunt

Options

Comments

• 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Cadbury Dairy Milk Fruit and Nut was 120g (some flash marked bars are 95g)-now 110g.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    TaterPhil wrote: »
    I've just noticed that Nescafe Cappuccino packets now contain only 8 sachets instead of 10 - strangely for the same price - that equates to a 25% price increase :mad:

They've been available in both 8 and 10 packs (depending on where you buy them) for well over a year now.
    Stompa
  • Wednesday100
    Options
    Iceland bag of fish fingers. Was 40 for £2 (1kg) now 35 for £2 (875g). Still a bargain though, and you do now get £1 for every £20 you put on the bonus card instead of £25.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We sell Finish All in One tablets in packs of 52. Put out the dishwashing delivery yesterday and noticed the new packages are 53. Checked the price - was the same
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    20aday wrote: »
    Cadbury Dairy Milk Fruit and Nut was 120g (some flash marked bars are 95g)-now 110g.
    Cadburys hasn't been the real deal for years now. Every single g sold is now a con.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • thor
    thor Posts: 5,483 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Birds Eye chargrill chickens have recently been spruced up in new packaging and have also undergone the obligatory downsizing. Each piece used to be 91g but are now are 85g. All for the same price of course. Looks like they are doing their bit to add to inflation.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    McVities Cheese & Onion Crinkles, the £1 price marked packs (125g) are now 105g.
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    And once again (less than a year later) Mars U.K. are shrinking their pouches e.g. Maltesers are now 10g smaller.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • KxMx
    Options
    Iceland frozen garden peas are now 800g, reduced from 900g.
  • KxMx
    Options
    Iceland frozen super sweet sweetcorn, now 800g for £1, reduced from 900g.

Had a brief look in the chiller today, seems all Iceland veg is 800g now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback