Options
    I hope you have a better weekend INOD. xx
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,045 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Tension in the family is guaranteed to make things feel bad. :(

It really sounds like time to look after you. Maybe think of it as you are your own best asset, and sometimes people have to invest in assets even if it means other things taking a back seat for a short while. When you are run down physically you just need a bit of self-administered TLC, even if the rest of the family are going round with their eyes shut.

Looking through your post, I'm seeing lots of words that indicate you are fighting that depression right now. :( From 'cotton wool', seeming stressed and 'no interest in attending' to all those worries... I don't know what techniques you've used against it in the past (I was put onto CBT for anxiety and I can see some value in that and/or mindfulness) but perhaps now's the time to look after you?

Sorry I don't have the right words to express this... I hope you can ignore it if I'm on the wrong track. Don't get too guilty about the junk food: its function is to tell your body it needs nourishing and a comfort blanket. Of course chewing on a comfort blanket isn't nourishing so some fresh air and vitamins might help counterbalance that.

Hugs :grouphug: (in dodgy MSE style).
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,298 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Not at my best at the moment but sending you lots of positive vibes xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Happierdays
    Options
    Be kind to yourself inod... and I hope things improve for you soon... x by the way I always love your "today I am grateful for" list! :)
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Hang on in there INOD. It will turn.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    So, I have just had my weekly conversation with mr wii and I'm down 1lb. We went to the wedding thing last night. It was, as expected. We did however catch up with some nice family members which was good. Even better, we managed to completely avoid the least liked one. Today I am going to see my mother and talk her through the big project plans for next March. I'm not expecting a favourable response but just because that's her. Will prime overseas sis to call after I've been down to get feedback.
    Today we are giving in and turning on the heat. I need to get laundry and the house dried. I also need to inventory the fridge and the freezer and possibly do some shopping. Mr L may feature as they have butternut squash which could go with sweet potatoes already here to make a soup seen on greying's thread.
    On other news, money is disappearing at an alarming rate and isn't being replenished. I did hit a £20 pa target yesterday though do need for £2 to become payable. I'm still working on sb and inbox£s but both are so slow.
    Maybe I should wander off and check last night's lotto. Today I am determined to get the ironing cleared.

Today I am grateful for
    Escaping the family thing relatively unscathed
    My OH
    Having the makings of a cooked breakfast between fridge and freezer
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,298 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a good day :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Family event's are such a struggle. Well done for getting through it successfully.

Ironing.:eek:
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Today I am grateful for
    Escaping the family thing relatively unscathed
    Aww, feeling for you INOD
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family