Cashback sites free cash discussion

Options

Comments

• peteduk
    peteduk Posts: 110 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Ferndale,
    I use quidco and find there are some surprisingly slow payments, but I am polite and persistent by e-mail with Quidco and have only been unsatisfied on 1 occasion which I believe was actually Argos' fault. (Listed somewhere in the above thread).
    I do however think some of the selling companies may reject 1st requests hoping you will go away....in my experience Quidco has always turned this around.
    So I suggest you follow up and see how you get on.
    BTW I think Quidco's contact system is unfriendly so you have to look for how to contact them
    Note: There may be a newer thread outlining other's recent experience with Quidco. Pete
  • JDPower
    JDPower Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Quidco have been clogging up my inbox with messages that are not getting anywhere. I noticed recently that they had alerted me to seven cases where Healthspan had declined claims by Quidco on my behalf. There seemed to be no facility for listing more than one item at a time on Quidco's help site, so I sent them a direct e-mail listing all seven, complete with dates, order numbers and values of purchase. A few days later I had seven e-mails in rapid succession simply saying they were dealing with my request. Today this list has been followed by a fresh declined claim notification, inviting me to submit .......
    This sounds like a silly game and I am seriously wondering if Quidco have lost their way in this business.
    What do other people think? Have others had similar experiences?
    And you are PAYING them for that nonsense! Why are you with them?
  • Scientomology
    Options
    I haven't used Quidco since finding TopCashBack who don't charge u £5 for using them and their customer services are fantastic and get back very fast with any issues I have been r having.
  • JDPower
    Options
    creativ wrote: »
    I'm rather fond of GetPoundsBack. Unlike some cashback websites they don't sting you with an annual admin fee.
    What you mean just like the two biggest cashback sites, Quidco and TopCashback, who also don't charge an annual fee?

Oh and referral links are against forum rules here :naughty:
  • cashbackplease?
    Options
    I signed up to topcashback. I have had approx. £200 back. I am owed about £100. BUT without warning my account was closed. After I contacted them I was told that my account had been automatically terminated by the system, due to my account showing characteristics that are potentially attributable to abusive or fraudulent activity that may contravene our Terms and conditions, due to merchant abuse.
    I have emailed him back twice to find out what this means. I have no idea what, if anything, I have done wrong. I have genuinely used my account to buy goods and services. I am really worried about this, I feel that a mistake has been made closing my account.
    There is no telephone contact so you are reliant on waiting for a reply. I am still waiting albeit still hopeful that the mistake will be rectified.
  • pepsimax
    pepsimax Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone uses !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? As I am having great difficulty in getting any kind of reply from the customer services
  • robmar0se
    robmar0se Posts: 1,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Recently TCB closed their customer forums for rather spurious reasons. These forums were a useful tool to guage the effectiveness of both TCB and retailers. They say their retailer stats tells all - well in the 5 years I have used TCB - I have not found the stats representative by a wide margin.

It is now virtually impossible to contact TCB except in relation to a specific transaction, in other words if you have a general question, don't bother.

One has to really question what TCB's ulterior motives are for doing this, which by any measurement is unhelpful.

Secondly I have noticed that the number of retailers that are registered on TCB has declined; I have used (69) of which 23 retailers are no longer on TCB , ie 33% - this is pretty remarkable and should perhaps be commented on. It may also be a factor why TCB are closing the forums and options to question TCB's performance?

Bottom line TCB are no longer offering the best deals, frequently there are better deals off TCB, with less hassle.

Is Quidco doing any better? Or is the beginning of the end for cashback sites?
  • November2
    November2 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi, does anyone else get a security warning when trying to get onto Mutualpoints site? I've been getting a risk warning for weeks now and I haven't liked to click continue.
  • JDPower
    Options
    November2 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone else get a security warning when trying to get onto Mutualpoints site? I've been getting a risk warning for weeks now and I haven't liked to click continue.
    Not by just going onto the site, tried Firefox and IE, no warnings
  • PDC
    PDC Posts: 805 Forumite
    Options
    Is anyone here using Blutel Rewards for Cashback? Noticed a sign up offer on twitter today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure