Savings accounts accepting DD's

Options

Comments

• clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Following the Scottish Widows email on 22nd November I sent off my statement printed from my TSB online account in relation to my 1st SW Online Saver. I also enclosed the statement from my Yorkshire Bank online account for my 2nd SW Online Saver that they had yet to request from me.

I was then surprised to get a letter asking for the verification on the 2nd a/c rather than an email. There is a material difference between these...

Email "We can also accept online bank statements as long as they show the URL address on them".

Letter "An internet bank statement confirming the account holder name, sort code, account number and URL address dated within the last 3 months".

The TSB one should be fine but the Yorkshire Bank statement doesn't show the account holder name so meets the email criteria but not that of the letter.
  • Badger50
    Badger50 Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    They at least give you a reply paid envelope when they return evidence they have found to be unacceptable to them. (They will also send a reply paid envelope if you contact them online and ask how you can change your nominated account). It only saves a stamp but this is MSE...
  • clivep
    Options
    Badger50 wrote: »
    They at least give you a reply paid envelope when they return evidence they have found to be unacceptable to them. (They will also send a reply paid envelope if you contact them online and ask how you can change your nominated account). It only saves a stamp but this is MSE...

Absolutely. I really kicked myself over the wasted stamp for my early submission now that I have received a reply paid envelope (+ a second for my wife's a/cs).
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Scottish Widows internet saver "currently unavailable". Post Office website seems to be working though.

B*gger, I've only just opened the one and was waiting for it to be fully open before opening the next! I give up :(
  • Kate_W_2
    Options
    Seems like I have missed out on the second Scottish Widows account....

Anyway , I have opened the Post Office account now,

It asks for an initial deposit, which will be collected by DD...

Then it lets you set up a regular deposit as well.... I decided to make this a weekly deposit...
    I hope the weekly deposit is also collected by Direct Debit... but I am not sure.??

Will only find out in December....

Has any one else done a regular weekly deposit in to the Post Office Account? and is it showing as being collected by Direct debits??
  • clivep
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    I did and yes it was collected be DD each week.
    You could also do weekly DD with SW.

Just be aware majority of current Accounts require a different DD mandate.

Indeed. Only one PO weekly DD needed to satisfy COOP's 4 x DD payments for the £4/month.
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 907 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    clivep wrote: »
    Following the Scottish Widows email on 22nd November I sent off my statement printed from my TSB online account in relation to my 1st SW Online Saver. I also enclosed the statement from my Yorkshire Bank online account for my 2nd SW Online Saver that they had yet to request from me.

I was then surprised to get a letter asking for the verification on the 2nd a/c rather than an email. There is a material difference between these...

Email "We can also accept online bank statements as long as they show the URL address on them".

Letter "An internet bank statement confirming the account holder name, sort code, account number and URL address dated within the last 3 months".

The TSB one should be fine but the Yorkshire Bank statement doesn't show the account holder name so meets the email criteria but not that of the letter.

I emailed them back a scanned copy of my on-line statement and asked if this was acceptable. Not yet had a reply back.

Anyone know if this is adequate?
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Al_Ross wrote: »
    I emailed them back a scanned copy of my on-line statement and asked if this was acceptable. Not yet had a reply back.

Anyone know if this is adequate?

They don't seem to reply
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    They don't seem to reply

Then phone them and ask.
  • Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options