AviationADR.org.uk - Not updating my case.

Options
Hi,

Is it usual for AviationADR to be slow in actioning cases?

I had a delayed flight with Wizzair in July. I complained direct to the airline claiming compensation under the EU directive and got a standard response rejecting the claim saying that it was due to commercially sensitive issues beyond their control. I then opened a claim via AviationADR on 23rd August. They accepted the claim and messaged to say:

'We will provide you with a further update when we receive the airline's response. If the airline fails to respond within 28 days, we will immediately pass the matter to an Adjudicator for a final decision.'

Nothing appears to have happened since. The 28 days for Wizzair to respond passed on 20th September so I emailed them on the 22nd asking for confirmation the case had been passed to the adjudicator. So far no response.

Is this normal? Surely passing the claim to the adjudicator should be an automated system? Is it worth trying to call them as their contact page says 'you must use your portal access and communicate via your case handler. This is a strict policy with no exceptions.'?

Is this a new tactic by the airlines of ignoring the mediation schemes or are AviationADR just rubbish? The reviews on Trustpilot are not encouraging. :undecided

Any suggestions on what to do next?
TIA, Clova

Comments

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Clova138 wrote: »
    Hi,

Is it usual for AviationADR to be slow in actioning cases?

I had a delayed flight with Wizzair in July. I complained direct to the airline claiming compensation under the EU directive and got a standard response rejecting the claim saying that it was due to commercially sensitive issues beyond their control. I then opened a claim via AviationADR on 23rd August. They accepted the claim and messaged to say:

'We will provide you with a further update when we receive the airline's response. If the airline fails to respond within 28 days, we will immediately pass the matter to an Adjudicator for a final decision.'

Nothing appears to have happened since. The 28 days for Wizzair to respond passed on 20th September so I emailed them on the 22nd asking for confirmation the case had been passed to the adjudicator. So far no response.

Is this normal? Surely passing the claim to the adjudicator should be an automated system? Is it worth trying to call them as their contact page says 'you must use your portal access and communicate via your case handler. This is a strict policy with no exceptions.'?

Is this a new tactic by the airlines of ignoring the mediation schemes or are AviationADR just rubbish? The reviews on Trustpilot are not encouraging. :undecided

Any suggestions on what to do next?
    TIA, Clova

Hi Clova138,

They are awful imo, I have no faith in them at all.

You should contact the CAA about your experience and complain in the strongest terms.

Read up their rules and ensure they are following them to the letter, report any indiscretions to the CAA.

MCOL is another possibility if all else fails.

Good luck
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Clova138
    Options
    Thanks Tyzap. I think I'll give them a few more days to respond then start complaining to CAA.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Deadlines were frequently missed (not on my part mind you) when I had a claim in with AviationADR. They did rule on my case eventually but it's a very slow process.
  • Clova138
    Options
    Can you give me an idea of how long they missed deadlines by please jpsartre?
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't recall off the the top of my head but I can tell you it was about 7 months from the time I filed my claim until AviationADR made a final determination.
  • Clova138
    Options
    jpsartre wrote: »
    I don't recall off the the top of my head but I can tell you it was about 7 months from the time I filed my claim until AviationADR made a final determination.

I won't hold my breath on anything happening any time soon then :(
  • Clova138
    Options
    Just to update this thread for anyone else dealing with ADR and / or Wizzair. I got the following reply to my message from the 22nd September a week later on the 30th:

Thank you for your recent message. Please be advised that Wizz Air have responded with the following:'Dear Sir/Madam,Thank you for your message.I have carefully re-investigated this claim, and would like to advise you that our decision is that the compensation in accordance with the EU regulation 261/04 should be provided to the affected passengers. The amount due for the passenger is 250 EUR.In order for us to be able to process the compensation we will need the following bank information:-IBAN-BIC/SWIFT code of the bank-Name of the bank-Name of the account holder-Currency of the accountI am looking forward to your response.'Could you please confirm if you wish to accept the above offer and, if so, please provide the requested information within the next seven days.Many thanks and kind regardsPre-Investigation TeamAviationADR

Needless to say I've accepted the offer and received the compensation payment in my bank account on the 2nd October. So a positive result just a shame it took three months to get it in a clear cut case. I do wonder if some airlines are rejecting all claims as settling later with those who pursue it further, with either court action or an alternative dispute resolution, is a cheaper option then just paying up in the first place. :think:
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is €250 the correct amount?
  • Clova138
    Clova138 Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is €250 the correct amount?

It was the figure that came up on the online distance checkers I used. What do you think it should be?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Clova138 wrote: »
    Just to update this thread for anyone else dealing with ADR and / or Wizzair. I got the following reply to my

Needless to say I've accepted the offer and received the compensation payment in my bank account on the 2nd October. So a positive result just a shame it took three months to get it in a clear cut case. I do wonder if some airlines are rejecting all claims as settling later with those who pursue it further, with either court action or an alternative dispute resolution, is a cheaper option then just paying up in the first place. :think:
    Wel done. persistance pays.
    Airlines routinely reject even patently valid claims. Its a numbers game. to them.
    It shouldn't be as its established law, but the CAA are useless in enforcing it.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family