What small DFW things will you do this week? Wc 17/10/16

Options

Comments

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    PF did I read that right that you have to PAY your council to remove garden waste? That is shocking...
    Indeed :eek: they collect it every two weeks all year round. We can take it to the tip but it means filling up the car and the petrol to get there and it's only open about two days a week because of cuts. I think it's poor though when others get it for free.

Lego mum is fine but not posting, but reading when she can

Similar situation here to PF. Council charges for garden waste disposal plus they have closed the tip for several days a week :( I sent my garden waste bin back ages ago in any case, as we compost, and I think 2 great big ugly plastic bins plus a box in my small garden is quite enough thanks! I did manage to get the Council to change the giant general waste bin for a smaller one, but the recycling bin, into which you can put only cardboard and plastic bottles :huh: is MAHOOSIVE :eek: and there is no smaller alternative, so that only gets put out once every two months or so, and it is generally not full then. Who on earth fills a huge bin full of cardboard and plastic bottles every 2 weeks??

Glad to hear that Legomum is fine :)
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We also have to pay for garden waste to be removed. But we don't. We just leave it in piles to go brown and dry. It was going to cost something like £55 for a brown garden bin. We also compost a lot.

It is scary about the plastic Determined
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Baileys_Babe
    Options
    LuckyPenny Thank you for starting this week's thread.

Bob Good to see you are under a thousand pounds.

Lego Mum Good to hear your fine, hope you feel up to posting in the not too distant future.

Like many of you we also wash out plastic bags for reuse and if the weather is good I hang them on the line to dry. I also don't care what the neighbours think.

Feeling almost back to my normal self, except when I cough. Both children also have coughs.

I didn't manage to keep up with the thread over the weekend as we were so busy celebrating my Sister's birthday amongst other things. We didn't spend anything over the weekend :)

Today I did a small grocery shop and updated our grocery challenge. I have sorted our library loans so OH can return them on his way to work tomorrow. All our meals were from stores. I've set the DW & WM to run overnight. Basically lots or regular things.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Morning all :hello: my smalls are still asleep and I really should be getting them up as I need to take them to DM on my way to work so she can have them for the day and it's likely to be over an hours drive in the rain. So I'll be quick!

Check banking, surveys, FPL and £co (money taking so much longer to pay out from here these days)
    Cashed out £3 survey
    Leftovers for lunch, it's quite a decent amount so I might just have toast or something for tea as DH will be in bed by the time I get back
    Write list tonight of what I need to take away with us
    Check octobers to do list and write/add to novembers
    Washing out of machine that was done overnight on airer

Little list as I'll mainly be at work. Check back later. PF.
  • LuckyPenny
    LuckyPenny Posts: 1,253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Options
    La Ehope you have a better day today. Glad your feeling better Baileys Babe . I refuse to pay the garden waste fee. We are "rubbish" (ha,ha) at cutting our grass so we only need to take it to the skip a few times a year. We usually take other stuff at the same time to make the fuel and time spend worth it.
    I'm not doing a huge amount of MSE stuff today-
    - packed lunch to work
    - postcode lottery
    - check apps - eBay, Facebook, MR
    Think that's it for me, LP x
    Competition wins £13,987.09
  • katy_ann
    katy_ann Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Morning guys and thank you for your best wishes! I will try and enjoy my last few weeks before my little man arrives! My list for today is:
    - NSD hopefully!
    - Check banking
    - Got the health visitor visiting at 1.30 so a quick tidy round!
    - Surveys/Swagbucks
    - All meals from home

Have a lovely day all x
    Debt free once - Back again | Current debt: £3002.96 - January 2023 | Currently repaying £50 a month - Estimated DFD Jan 2028 | Make £2023 in 2023 #51 - £33.75/£2023
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 October 2016 at 1:06PM
    Options
    awwww a little boy katy! Boys are lovely, adore their mum's and often real funny firecrackers! (girls are adorable too, just in a different way) x

Honestly I absolutely wouldn't pay for it and would up my composting. Although it would cause so much trouble between me and oh! He honestly hates my recycling ways

Off work now until Thursday :dance: taking madam to a free singing group this afternoon. She's happily entertaining herself now so using the time to tidy & clean the house. Will do kitchen, lounge and bathroom today...

Money saving efforts:

* [STRIKE]just did a meal plan for the next 10 days & a small shopping list[/STRIKE]. Think I will spend sub £15 :T
    *[STRIKE] checked weather forecast and although it grey and dull here it's not going to rain so put a load on[/STRIKE]
    * might take madam to get her feet measured as yesterday she complained her shoes are tight
    * [STRIKE]updated spending diary[/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]check banking and do a couple of small transfers[/STRIKE]
    * dinner is stir fry using lo meat from Sunday
    * go through/clean fridge
    * photo and list 5 things on fleabay
    * parcel fleabay sale using recycled packaging and post
    * make wraps & pizza base
    *[STRIKE] portion up bns soup I made yesterday and freeze a few portions [/STRIKE](desperately trying to clear my freezer but continuing to fill it at the same time :o that't why my gc bill is so low for 10 days as I need to clear it. Note to self stop batch cooking! :o)
    * continue knitting socks. Annoyed with myself as I didn't do it last night and instead just frittered my time away online :o
    * [STRIKE]got 2 flapjacks out for snacks later[/STRIKE]
    * [STRIKE]boiled kettle by mistake so put the hot water in a flask for when I want a coffee later ;)[/STRIKE]
    * couple of alterations to clothes - taking up a couple of pairs of jeans for dgd, sewing on buttons to my mac and shortening sleeves of a top I got at the clothes swap on Sunday

Ok think that's all I need to do. Better get on she won't entertain herself forever! Happy Tuesday to you all x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • FrugalinShropshire
    Options
    Slow morning today:( just sitting drinking coffee when I should be working, but I had a rubbish night.
    This morning I have made 36 hob nobs as it was OH's turn to take biscuits for his choir.
    I have deleted and unsubscribed from loads of emails as some of them are just so tempting!
    Just making a veggie chilli to have with baked potatoes tonight
    Need to get on and be more productive
    Now Mrs FrugalinShropshire:T Proud to be mortgage and debt free:j
  • princess_pea
    Options
    Hi everyone. What a lovely sunny day it is here!

I've got £70 to last until pay day on the 28th which should be do-able as we have food in so the only things we should need are top-ups like milk and some dog food

Things to do this week...
    Walk to work and back as much as possible
    Meals from stores plus make packed lunch for each weekday
    Post declaration letter to the bank after opening Help to Buy ISA last week (need to buy a stamp grrrr)
    Prioritise workload at work
    Start work on PGCAP module. Deadline is the 4th January but I need to arrange two observed teaching sessions. Work are paying for this qualification and I want to do well
    Fly lady each day - I put away the dishes and washing this morning :A
    Mountain of ironing to do as per usual
    Bathroom to clean
    Go through bathroom products and see what is nearly finished so I can cut open and use up
    Wedding dress STILL TO WASH in the bath!
    Hunt for the best deal on hubby's Christmas present
    Surveys
    Banking and spending diary update
    Ring Grandma this week
    Do another batch of homemade hummus (was lush DNMS thanks!)
    Carry on reading kindle book
    File recent paperwork away
    Check FPL daily

Think that is all for now :)
    DFD 7/3/2016
    Mortgage Free January 2048 June 2032
    Long-Term Savings Pot £8750
    DS welcomed 12/2/20 <3
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good Afternoon All

Lego mum - Miss you, hope you're ok and back posting soon

Weather here very changeable, mood very low (blummin hormones so hope it passes quickly). Today's list:

Packed lunch for DH & DS - Done
    Check Bank - Done
    RM Survey - Done
    Ironing - Done
    Bump listing on freegle/ebay -
    Lists few bits for sale -
    Craft -
    Declutter -
    Walk at least 7000 step for Bounts points -
    Continue purge on emails -
    Surveys -
    Enter a few comps -