And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Options

Comments

• wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Sounds lovely.
    How many nsds are you up to this month?
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It really does sound lovely! And how high (up!) you must have been to have such views :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Gosh, impressed with your 26 mile bike ride PP! :j :j :j
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sounds lovely.
    How many nsds are you up to this month?
    It's been great so far Wish :)

I don't actually count my nsd - I probably should:o
    Karmacat wrote: »
    It really does sound lovely! And how high (up!) you must have been to have such views :)

It was amazing Karma - made you feel glad to be alive :D
    Gosh, impressed with your 26 mile bike ride PP! :j :j :j

Omg Cheery, I was knackered:eek: i don't think I've ever been on a bike ride before, I just tootle around on my bike and spend a few hours a week sweating profusely on a stationary one:rotfl:
    I thoroughly enjoyed it though so more biking from now on :)

You sound you've been hugely active too - you do feel better forit don't you ? :):)
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Hello :wave:

Autumn is back :eek: It's been grey and cold all day and its been lovely :D. We had a run along the river and back through the woods which was great despite the weather. The rest of the day has been reading, pottering and box set watching - bliss:)

Lunch was lo so no cooking but I did make some scones to try out the sloe jelly I made earlier in the week. I used the sloes lo from the gin and it was lovely but weirdly didn't taste of gin! I also used up a huge S6 red cabbage from last week and made 4 big jars of pickled cabbage which ds loves. The rest of the day was tea drinking, scone eating, reading ( a newly found FIRE blog which is really good) and TV watching. I feel very relaxed and rested :)

I've no money news other than it's been a nsd.

Dinner will be ys sea bass, Herby potatoes and green beans and the last of my holiday wine allowance :) followed by the next episode of The Fall .

Happy Tuesday to you :):)

PP xx
  • Karmacat
    Options
    PP, can I ask you for a linkie or info about the sloe jelly? I saw sloes being used last week on Masterchef, cooked in smoked tea, and I remembered that 3 minutes away on the train is a huge patch of sloe trees. Used to have one within walking distance, but houses have been built there since I moved in. They're a resource, so I'd love to use them, but don't want **too** much sugar, which is why I keep on searching for recipes every so often :)
  • SuperSecretSquirrel
    Options
    pinkypig wrote: »
    A newly found FIRE blog which is really good

Don't leave us hanging! :p
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    PP, can I ask you for a linkie or info about the sloe jelly? I saw sloes being used last week on Masterchef, cooked in smoked tea, and I remembered that 3 minutes away on the train is a huge patch of sloe trees. Used to have one within walking distance, but houses have been built there since I moved in. They're a resource, so I'd love to use them, but don't want **too** much sugar, which is why I keep on searching for recipes every so often :)

I used this one karma but I only had two small apples so I put an extra squirt of lemon in. It's really nice:D

http://www.farminmypocket.co.uk/growing/wild-food/sloe-jelly-recipe-a-taste-of-the-wild
    Don't leave us hanging! :p

https://ournextlife.com/2015/06/24/guest-post-from-eat-the-financial-elephant-the-weight-of-your-decisions/

It's a bit 'American' but they're really honest about mistakes and lapses :):). Hope you enjoy it :)
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Evening :wave:

Its been the last day of my staycation and its been just fab :D

It started with a lie in until 8.30 followed by a coffee in bed, a great start to any day :D. Got out for a proper trail run which blew the cobwebs away!

Lunch was out of the freezer soup and ys bread and as the weather was dry we headed out for a bike ride which was a respectable 16 miles and included a hm scone stop:D

I've no money news other than a nsd.

Happy Wednesday :):)
    PP xx
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Happy Last Staycation Day!

Thanks for *both* those linkies, no wonder you've been reading that blog, looks v interesting. The sloe jelly recipe has pretty good proportions too, more fruit than sugar, thats got to be good. There are humongous numbers of apple trees on council ground in walking distance from my house, and people are encouraged to pick them, so I can do very well with that jam :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure