Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Options

Comments

• liamcov
    liamcov Posts: 618 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If I opened and funded the normal Lloyd’s regular saver today can I fund it again on 1 August?
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,136 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes you can, so 13 deposits in total
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    And as we expected the letter from Leeds Building Society arrived this morning regarding RegularSaver (issue 4) giving us six months notice, finally date is 1st February 2019.

maxiumum amount you can now save is up to £7250 plus any interest earned but there are penalties for going over this amount

From September 1sts the interest is now 2.55% and unconditional - bonus is included.

So another £1500 can go into the account in the next 6 months. I've marked the calendar and altered my standing order.

I now have 3 maturing in January and 4 in February and of those at the moment only 2 have on going regular savers to replace them. I might have to go back to little one and 2 year fixed rate bonds next year

Already covered in its own thread.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5783648

This thread is for current and new RS only else it takes,the currently holidaying, SS an age to read through when they are doing their greatly appreciated updates.
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I also noticed on post number 7 for when the thread has its weekly update that Leeds Building Society are now up to

Leeds regular saver issue 17

with 2.3% interest

maximum of £250 per month up to £3000 in total

and a maturity date of 30th June 2019

Highlighted three pages back.

SS is on holiday (also mentioned two pages ago).
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Apologies for not checking back or looking at other threads - just reporting from the front line plus our post is always a day behind
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • liamcov
    liamcov Posts: 618 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    And as we expected the letter from Leeds Building Society arrived this morning regarding RegularSaver (issue 4) giving us six months notice, finally date is 1st February 2019.

maxiumum amount you can now save is up to £7250 plus any interest earned but there are penalties for going over this amount

From September 1sts the interest is now 2.55% and unconditional - bonus is included.

So another £1500 can go into the account in the next 6 months. I've marked the calendar and altered my standing order.

I now have 3 maturing in January and 4 in February and of those at the moment only 2 have on going regular savers to replace them. I might have to go back to little one and 2 year fixed rate bonds next year

Does everyone get the 2.55% regardless of when the account was opened? If so I must have missed that as my spreadsheet has it as 2.3% :o
  • ctdctd
    ctdctd Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    liamcov wrote: »
    Does everyone get the 2.55% regardless of when the account was opened? If so I must have missed that as my spreadsheet has it as 2.3% :o

It went up to 2.55% after the base rate rise.
    Do Money Saving sites make you buy more bargains - and spend more money?
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    From 1/12/2017........
  • lindez
    lindez Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    IanManc wrote: »
    And you may open one of each issue of the branch accounts and one of each issue of the online accounts, so after a while you can have several accounts of each sort running at the same time. :)
    Thank you I opened issue 12 online, last week. I went into branch today and opened up another one. However, I have noticed on the account that the one in branch is issue 11 is this correct.
    Apologies if this appears a stupid question. Thank you
    MFWB#2
    MFTT5 #28
    Save 12k 2020 #111
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lindez wrote: »
    Thank you I opened issue 12 online, last week. I went into branch today and opened up another one. However, I have noticed on the account that the one in branch is issue 11 is this correct.
    Apologies if this appears a stupid question. Thank you

Yes, 11 is the latest and so the current one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure