Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh dear.
    It just keeps coming.
    No idea what to say.
    As you say nothing that you can do from afar.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    The rest of the family arrived safe and sound around tea time. The van is now full. I have children all around me, 2,6,8, and 10. The girls have decided to enter the talent competition dancing etc. One does gymnastics.
    It's looking a bit damp and dreary outside today. We were lucky to have sun most of the day yesterday. Twin1 and her family are coming back to visit again today. They came for a little bit yesterday and took Dgd swimming.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Morning from a chilly Kent. The sun is out but it's very cold. We went off camp yesterday to buy Wellies and trainers for dgd and Wellies for myself, and we also bought slippers as my feet are cold in the morning. The kids entered the talent competition last night. Well two of them. They didn't win, but they were very brave I think for 6 and 8 year olds to preform in front of the room full of people on their own. Two girls playing a violin won.
    We're planning on going to see the white cliffs today. My money is divided into days so I don't overspend, except for the shoes yesterday.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    We were lucky to have a good day weather wise yesterday, and walked the Cliffs from the visitors centre to the lighthouse and back. Even DGS4 walked the majority of the way. I didn't like some of the path being so close to the edge. I really struggle with heights, but we did it. We have caught the sun on our faces and all have a rosy glow this morning.
    I did the kids dinner while Biggest and her hubby went to Bingo and sat with them when they went out for a meal.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done for braving the cliff path Mooloo! The view is amazing though, but I expect you were too busy making sure no children fell over the edge to notice it much!
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    ivyleaf wrote: »
    Well done for braving the cliff path Mooloo! The view is amazing though, but I expect you were too busy making sure no children fell over the edge to notice it much!

I was rather stressed when any were going anywhere near an edge. A couple of hairy moments! I would not like to do that again.
    I have enough heart in mouth moments at the swing park to be honest.
    I will be glad to get home all in one piece.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    i love lighthouses :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    We had a lazy day around the campsite yesterday. The kids did the club in the morning making cake decorating, and spent a lot of time at the park.
    In the evening it was Madness and mayhem games etc in the clubhouse so we all had a late night.
    Today we are meeting Twin1, her Baf and his parents for lunch. I am not looking forward to this at all, but I will have to try and be polite etc. I am just glad his awful sister is not coming. I am not sure if I could remain polite to her.
    Twin2 sent me a strange Paypal link, about donations for her baby equipment.! She hasn't wasted anytime. I wish she would wait until she knows if this pregnancy is viable after already having a miscarriage recently. I also worry that she is not going to be able to keep it. I am trying not to worry and just leave it but with their history I am not finding it easy to.
    Home tomorrow! So we will have to pack up as much as we can today.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    We had our meal at a nearby brewers gayer. Twin1 s BF was quite verbal about our choice of venue compared to a Weatherspoon. I had to bite my tongue. Biggest had booked after googling what was nearby. After he had mentioned it several times she politely said, to feel free to book the table themselves next time.
    The children were well behaved on the whole although dgs5 didn't eat well, and threw a wobbly when he didn't get to play with toys through dinner. It's obviously not a rule with them. The parents were pleasant enough.
    After lunch we went to the park and then swimming. After that we were too tired to go out. Had sandwich's and stayed in the van. I went to bed with the kids. Well at the same time.
    The different bed, different exercises etc means my back is bad today.
    We're packing up now, ready to go home, but the kids are going to go swimming before we actually leave.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Home! After a yuk drive took 4hours 20 Mina. M25 was stop start
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure