What small DFW things will you do w/c 5th November?

Options
14567810»

Comments

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all (it is still just about morning as I type this) :)
    The scones do tend to disappear, don't they Purps? I always put half in the freezer the minute they are cold. But they are quick and easy, cheap, and fairly healthy I suppose if you aren't too liberal with the butter and jam, as they don't contain much fat or sugar of themselves.
    Up early to go to the flea market this morning, but didn't find any treasure today, just another handbag to add to my collection / endless quest to find the perfect bag :rotfl:Only £2 and it is quite a nice one.I really must sell some, as there are too many in the cupboard :o
    Have since walked the dog, and then into town to get a few bits of shopping, went to Mr S as it is closest - I didn't take the car as I didn't have much to get and also didn't want to get caught up in road closures etc due to the Remembrance day parade. Bought a few things for the food bank, as I hadn't done so yet this month :)
    Also treated myself to a Christmas magazine :o Sorry Foxgloves :rotfl: It does have a free 2019 calendar with it though, so I won't have to buy one of those.
    OH is plucking pheasants so I will need to sort out the freezer so that there is room for them. Will also need to sort the fridge as it looks dire.
    My brother will probably come round for dinner, so I have defrosted a YS joint of lamb to cook later. There is enough soup left over for lunch, which will be one thing out of the fridge :j
    Other than that, I have some ebay parcels to wrap, and I intend to get an early night!
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Its been a good weekend, I needed family time away from external stresses to help lift my mood.

This weekend we've
    * used a £10 off £50 shop in mr S, not our usual supermarket but bulk bought store cupboard stuff like passata, soup, mushy peas etc plus bought myself a roasting pan as I didn't have one. Had the kids adding the shop up on their/my mobile to make sure we spent the right amount. Whilst there we also looked at some bluetooth speakers as we are looking for some for the kids for xmas.
    * didn't have lunch out but came home for soup & warm rolls instead which we all enjoyed.
    * checked banking
    * wrote a shopping list ready for this mornings aldee trip (and I remembered to take it and stick to it!)
    * ds1 made cauliflower cheese again to go with lunch (great as the cauli is one of aldees super 6!)
    * I'd bought two chickens - cooked both together in the oven this morning, one for todays big family lunch and the other for sandwiches/meals for the next few days
    * made families lunches for tomorrow - worked out that if the kids had school dinner each school day we'd spend £975 in a school year!!
    * updated calendar as I've got extra pick ups from schools this week for clubs/ my niece etc
    * updated freezer list and meal planned around what we have

Thats about it, going to make a cuppa and put feet up with my bullet journal and make some plans for the week ahead.

Take care all.
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,118 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Dawn - Ha! No need for apologies. I bought one last weekend. And I managed to read it & get some nice festive interiors ideas for inspiration without feeling green with envy towards the people who have their homes featured in all their lush period loveliness, too. Also had one with a free calendar.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,118 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Sunday Money Savers,
    A little bit of a lie-in today as mr f didn't have to leave for work until 11 a.m. I didn't like having a later start on my job list, though. I'm definitely a morning person these days, once i've had my bucket of coffee.
    Today's frugal offerings:
    *Sold 3 more ebay items, Wrapped ready for posting.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch - something from freezer, so that was easy.
    *Baked a granary loaf.
    *Cooked homegrown blackberries & apples.
    *A bit of baking.
    *Defrosted home grown tomatoes for passata - trying new recipe tonight.
    *Made crumble for dessert, Froze the rest of the fruit.
    *Knitted several more rows of my jumper - should be casting on the front before too long.
    *Update DFW diary - not done yet, but it's my next task.
    *Set washer for an Economy 7 laundry load.
    *Check weather forecast to see if any chance of drying laundry outside tomorrow. If today is anything to go by, that'll be a 'no'.
    Hope you've all had a decent day.
    F xx
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 November 2018 at 8:22PM
    Options
    Hi November Networkers,

Evening!:coffee: Just up after sleeping off nightshift.

Debt-Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Four:

* Check online banking. Done.

* Check DW's online banking. Done.

* Charge my phone at work all week. Done.

* Get a Home Insurance quote. We paid £74 last year. They want £104 to renew. Got a quote for £64 and free Meerkat Movies. Done.

* Repair derelict pyjamas using sewing machine. DW said, "Just buy a new pair." :eek: I said, "Nope, I can fix them in 5 minutes for 2p worth of electricity." Done. They should last another few weeks now.

Things don't have to be perfect to be wonderful.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Afternoon everyone :D
    I'm lucky in that the weather held off long enough for me to get out and about this morning without too much trouble. It has rained on and off but nothing terrible.
    Visited my mam this afternoon, excellent company and a free feed. I just wish I could shake this headache that has set in - think it is sinus related. I'm sitting here with the feeling that I've forgotten to do something, but I can't think of anything...
    Meal planned for the week ahead, and hoping for another very frugal one, which is a bit quieter at work than this one has been.
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm sitting here with the feeling that I've forgotten to do something, but I can't think of anything...

:exclamati Test your smoke alarm.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure