IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Markham Retail Park Chesterfield

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Not seeing any t&cs!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • benjiplace
    benjiplace Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help, a real boost of confidence, just to let you know I’ve won my appeal as PP don’t want to contend it - thanks again
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done!

What did your POPLA appeal say?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • benjiplace
    benjiplace Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Premier park have told us they do not wish to contest this appeal. This means your appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Well done!

What did your POPLA appeal say?
    benjiplace wrote: »
    Premier park have told us they do not wish to contest this appeal. This means your appeal is successful and you do not need to pay the parking charge.

That was the POPLA notification of PP withdrawing. We are interested in what your appeal to POPLA said, through which we might be able to identify a key point(s) that may have caused PP to withdraw - which we might be able to use again in the future.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Pauleb80
    Pauleb80 Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    These guys are scumbags. I've just 'won' an uncontested appeal for this car park too. The RK was pretty stressed at the thought of contesting the ticket and would likely have paid had I not intervened. I suspect many do pay for that reason which is why this practice continues so the more of us that report it the better. I suspect you don't need to say much in an appeal now to succeed against these guys as it would appear they are not contesting but in case it helps anyone I'll post up my appeal response shortly - many thanks to this Forum and its Members as it was largely plagiarised from on here!
  • Pauleb80
    edited 5 June 2018 at 3:13PM
    Options
    Deleted at request of KeithP
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pauleb80, having posted on several Markham threads today, why have you chosen this thread to post a PoPLA appeal on?

This is not your thread.

If you want help with an issue then please start your own thread.
    It is unfair, and will certainly lead to confusion, when trying to deal with two people's issues in one thread.

Please delete your PoPLA appeal from this thread now. Thanks.
  • Pauleb80
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Pauleb80, having posted on several Markham threads today, why have you chosen this thread to post a PoPLA appeal on?

This is not your thread.

If you want help with an issue then please start your own thread.
    It is unfair, and will certainly lead to confusion, when trying to deal with two people's issues in one thread.

Please delete your PoPLA appeal from this thread now. Thanks.

Apologies KeithP I thought I was being helpful. I didn't realise this thread belonged to anyone (I'm not a frequent user so not up to speed with all the rules and etiquette). As Umkomass asked an earlier poster to put up details of their successful submission to help others I assumed it would be ok. Now deleted.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And whilst I can't of course speak for Umkomaas, I imagine that he thought he was asking the original poster to post up their appeal.

A good example of the confusion caused with multiple posters and multiple issues being discussed in the one thread. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure