IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Markham Retail Park Chesterfield

Options
123457»

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,350 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    @Pauleb80. Sometimes it's a fine line as to where things should be posted. We all have different views on where, when and how.

I managed to read your POPLA appeal before you deleted it - and I thought it was excellent, and a resource that would be helpful to others who come to the forum in the months ahead. It should not be totally lost to the press of the 'Delete' button. We need it archived.

Would you be good enough to paste it into the 'POPLA Decisions' sticky near the top of the forum index, please? It will sit in a very appropriate place and will remain 'to hand' long after this thread has slid down the forum as the case concludes. If you also had a thread running leading up to writing and submitting the appeal, perhaps you could also copy and paste its link in the post in the sticky. Well done on your win against a PPC which has had a good deal of (surprising) luck at POPLA during recent months.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    To be fair, this was originally my thread, and another poster used my (successful) appeal text and submitted it themselves with slight amendments, and then reported back that they'd won.

Umkomass was addressing them with his request.

Generally I'd agree its good practice to maintain one case - one thread.

However, since my original case has been resolved (a no contest by PPL) and Pauleb80 was reporting a similar victory, rather than asking for help, I think it's acceptable to add other successful appeal texts for this particular site/ppc/alleged contravention if it adds to mine by including points I didn't (or adds to them), As a resource for others who might find it later.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • Raxiel
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    @Pauleb80. Sometimes it's a fine line as to where things should be posted. We all have different views on where, when and how.

I managed to read your POPLA appeal before you deleted it - and I thought it was excellent, and a resource that would be helpful to others who come to the forum in the months ahead. It should not be totally lost to the press of the 'Delete' button. We need it archived.

Would you be good enough to paste it into the 'POPLA Decisions' sticky near the top of the forum index, please? It will sit in a very appropriate place and will remain 'to hand' long after this thread has slid down the forum as the case concludes. If you also had a thread running leading up to writing and submitting the appeal, perhaps you could also copy and paste its link in the post in the sticky. Well done on your win against a PPC which has had a good deal of (surprising) luck at POPLA during recent months.

Perhaps I should have done the same, I thought that thread was intended for when POPLA actually made a ruling, rather than the PPC walking away.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Raxiel wrote: »
    Perhaps I should have done the same, I thought that thread was intended for when POPLA actually made a ruling, rather than the PPC walking away.

Also a very useful source to know which [STRIKE]cowards[/STRIKE] PPCs run away, especially when we can see the kind/content of appeal (including maybe a clear 'killer point') that sent them scurrying back into the cesspool.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Raxiel
    edited 5 June 2018 at 4:22PM
    Options
    Also a very useful source to know which [STRIKE]cowards[/STRIKE] PPCs run away, especially when we can see the kind/content of appeal (including maybe a clear 'killer point') that sent them scurrying back into the cesspool.

Yes, it's hard to know exactly what scared them off in this instance, I'd like to think that my observation that their operative couldn't possibly see all store entrances at once, particularly the one drivers pass on their way in was particularly strong, but then user fivegoldstars got a 'no contest win' at the same location submitted before (I believe) I spotted that detail.

So perhaps they were just making enough from the people who just folded (or waiting to get a sneaky default against those who still think ignoring is the correct course) and couldn't be bothered putting more than a token effort in against those who showed any knowledge of the right way to kill a ticket (Especially given StaffsSW's experience in another thread).
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    So perhaps they were just making enough from the people who just folded (or waiting to get a sneaky default against those who still think ignoring is the correct course)
    Nail on the head I think. Since Ibbotson, there have (to my knowledge) been no PPC taking on a 'leaving the site' case at court - and I expect there are very few solicitors who would risk a toothbrush invitation from a Judge.

So I guess they know they are on very shaky ground and they'll just be content to scavenge whatever they can from the naive, unwary and downright intimidated, rather than rock any boat.

• Pauleb80
    Pauleb80 Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Thanks Umkomass. I stumbled across this thread (and the other on this Forum) via a google search for 'Markham Retail Park' and having seen different posters talking about different cases I assumed this was for anyone to discuss issues at this car park. It certainly wasn't apparent to a novice such as I that it was supposed to be one individual's thread. I'm sure anyone in a similar position stumbling across this thread would have appreciated my post supplementing arguments made by others (at least that's what I thought)...after all we're all on the same side here. When I get chance I'll repost it in the thread to which you refer. In the meantime KeithP may want to work on his tact...it's not pleasant being chastised like a naughty schoolboy when all your trying to be is helpful.
  • Chezzy170
    Options
    Hello
    I am going through the same with these idiots
    I appealed to Popla and my appeal was declined according to Premier Parks although Popla never responded. I have contacted Popla who state they never had my appeal anyway, so Premier Parks could be telling porkys. I parked there and went in JYSK and didn't buy anything ( no proof) plus they don't use CCTV as I have requested them to look. and left the site for 10 mins to go to the ATM on the neighbouring site as I wanted some cash. The over enthusiastic parking person must have hidden under a stone when
    I returned as I was on the site for 15 mins max. Now I am up to the PPlegal stage. Doesn't it worry you these sharks with their harassment and threatening letters? Do you think it is an infringement of my human rights by them stating I cannot leave the site?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure