manual assessment at Jag/Land Rover

Options

Comments

• Memy
    Memy Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    Kirkyboy wrote: »
    No I think next couple of weeks people will start getting calls , I'm waiting for solihull as couple of my mates work at castle brom and said they don't get the overtime or weekend work solihull is where the £££ at .

I think we will get calls for starts are the start of June
  • Kirkyboy
    Kirkyboy Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    I spoke to two of my mates that work at castle brom asked them what they think I should do they both said hold out for solihull , people are always requesting to transfer to solihull because there's a lot more overtime on sat/sun and there's more opportunities it's actually further away for me as I live in Tamworth but the extra money and chance to go further makes it worth it for me .
  • bigbang89
    Options
    are castle bromwich mass empoying or was it just the off position available?
  • Kirkyboy
    Options
    The way she put it to me was they'd had a one of (order) and I had the option of starting on the 9th of June or holding on for a start date at solihull so I'd say no there not taking a massive amount on .
  • gerard88
    Options
    can anyone give me any advice on what kind of questions are asked at the interview ? thanks
  • Memy
    Memy Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    gerard88 wrote: »
    can anyone give me any advice on what kind of questions are asked at the interview ? thanks

You come in and first thing you do is all the paper work, then the face to face is with manpower about 15 or so question all what you have did before. Just a few that I remember:

How will you make your way to work.
    Have you worked with someone from an other back ground.
    How do you follow writing or verbal process.
    How do you work out problems.

All competency based interview questions
  • Bigden
    Bigden Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    Kirkyboy wrote: »
    I spoke to two of my mates that work at castle brom asked them what they think I should do they both said hold out for solihull , people are always requesting to transfer to solihull because there's a lot more overtime on sat/sun and there's more opportunities it's actually further away for me as I live in Tamworth but the extra money and chance to go further makes it worth it for me .

Well waiting for solihull would pretty stupid in my opinion there are plenty of opportunity for better jobs at castle brom there is over time at castle brom as for extra money did know they work friday afternoon shifts and have forced overtime on top of the normal shift time and is banked hours with are paid after a fews years they banked in case of downtime castle brom will be taking roughly 1400 for the new press shop and when they can meet body demand and all the infrastructure and building work is finished will the 3 shift pattern will come in as for people putting in requests all the time roughly 20 people out a blocked of hundreds is a low percentage take my advice and take the start date at castle brom and there is always opportunity to move over to solihull if you want to but beware the highest prodution at castle brom is just under a thousands cars a week XF roughly 4 mins per car process time at solihull 300 plus per shift rughly 90 seconds process time with a lot of people all trying get at the bodys at the same time what ever you prefer to do is your choice
  • Kirkyboy
    Options
    Thanks for the advise I was just going on what I'd been told at the time maybe I'll ring them tomorrow and see if it's to late to go for castle brom.
  • sunven12
    sunven12 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, Does anyone know how long it takes to do the Disclosure Scotland criminal check?
  • DRS123
    DRS123 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    sunven12 wrote: »
    Hi, Does anyone know how long it takes to do the Disclosure Scotland criminal check?

Can take up to six weeks depending on how busy they are...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure