NOW TV broadband sign up bonus

Options

Comments

• gingercordial
    gingercordial Posts: 1,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Still no gift card for me despite my message via the link above on 4 December. I have just sent another one. Very disappointing.
  • colb15
    colb15 Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do NOW continually have the £50 offer available?. I can see on one of the comparison sites that it's due to end on the 17/01. My contract with BT is ending at start of March, so will have to wait a few more weeks before I can move
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    Options
    It's been available for a long time!
  • colb15
    Options
    Another question - if you have a NOWTV sport package does that preclude you from new customer deal, even if you have never had broadband before?
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    colb15 wrote: »
    Another question - if you have a NOWTV sport package does that preclude you from new customer deal, even if you have never had broadband before?

No - I was already a TV Package customer when I signed-up for Broadband. I received £70 cashback (eventually) through Quidco.
  • colb15
    Options
    Cornucopia wrote: »
    No - I was already a TV Package customer when I signed-up for Broadband. I received £70 cashback (eventually) through Quidco.

Good to know. So you went for £70 cashback, that is available but always concerned they won't honour it so maybe £50 reward is better
  • green-backer
    Options
    My parents who are in there seventies moved to NOWTV broadband and phone about six weeks ago and have had nothing but problems. Old Tel number was not transferred as requested and they have been left with no working line on two separate occasions. Currently approaching one week Never had a problem with any other phone company before. Can't advise strongly enough to avoid them.
  • colb15
    Options
    My parents who are in there seventies moved to NOWTV broadband and phone about six weeks ago and have had nothing but problems. Old Tel number was not transferred as requested and they have been left with no working line on two separate occasions. Currently approaching one week Never had a problem with any other phone company before. Can't advise strongly enough to avoid them.

Duly noted greenback, thanks for sharing. May have to re-evaluate, sometimes the few pounds saving a month isn't worth the hassle with a poor provider and the endless problems
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    colb15 wrote: »
    Duly noted greenback, thanks for sharing. May have to re-evaluate, sometimes the few pounds saving a month isn't worth the hassle with a poor provider and the endless problems

If you read the forums widely enough, you'll find similar experiences regarding all BB providers.

It's the nature of the industry and the product that some people will have problems. That doesn't make the companies bad companies or their service, bad service.
  • green-backer
    Options
    Can only go on my own experience of course but wouldn't go anywhere near NOWTV. The saving was £10 a month compared to the post office so not a small sum to save. Their customer service has been terrible. I have spent more time on the phone with them over the last six weeks than all providers I have had over the last 15 years and that's not an exaggeration.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure