Co-operative Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Options
Former_MSE_Samantha
Former_MSE_Samantha Posts: 24 Forumite
edited 11 September 2017 at 1:13PM in Energy
This is a feedback thread on energy supplier
Co-operative Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part.
  • Did you switch go smoothly?
  • Have you had problems since?
  • Is it easy to contact?
The feedback comes as part of the
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• G_Wizz
    Options
    What?! No feedback yet?? I was thinking about changing to these as this company comes up second behind Spark who don't really have many good reviews!
  • Paul_01
    Paul_01 Posts: 393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I put my switch request in about a week or so ago, and will report back as to how it goes.

All that has happened so far is that I received an email from Coop asking for the meter reference numbers as they couldn't find them on the national database. I replied same day.

Coop came up as my cheapest option when I did the comparison, and they seem to keep their prices quite steady. Hopefully I won't regret the move.
  • oldskoo1
    oldskoo1 Posts: 616 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My switch form BG went smooth a few years ago

My switch from N-Power not so smooth when i moved into a new house. I wasn't issued an online account and couldn't submit meter readings. Also i had to do some additional chasing which meant ringing n-power and being passed around the system until someone could help. (N-Power have a department for everything).

This second switch had complication because my house has what they call an unadopted meter. I think it means the meter is not a grid meter, instead it belongs to the housing developer.

I dont think the switching complications were down to the co-op, although not being able to carry on with my same account login and password was a bit of a pain as i like to submit readings conveniently. I was told to wait a few months before being able to access the account.

Apart from that they have been much better to deal with than other companies, easy to contact, via phone, usually picking up within a minute or so unless it's lunch time and their email support is responsive too.

Prices, not the absolute cheapest but quite close. Their simple pricing and tariff structure and responsive support makes them the best for me.
  • Paul_01
    Paul_01 Posts: 393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ok, as posted above I'm currently switching from EON to Coop. I received an email a week ago asking me to provide the gas meter details as they couldn't be found on the national database. I replied same day.

Today I received the same email asking me to provide the gas meter details again. I decided to call them. After waiting about 5 minutes to get through a very helpful chap took the details over the phone and updated their system accordingly. This started the 35 day clock ticking apparently, so I should now have switched mid March.

My advice to anyone who gets this email is NOT to reply by email, best to call them.

Looks like we're back on track now.
  • vm2pensioner
    Options
    Coop was supposed to take over my gas and electricity on 23 Jan. Just contacted my old supplier as gas still showing on account - was informed that no request had been made to take over gas (according to national database). Long time on hold to Coop - person I eventually spoke to was on the overflow team - didn't know anything and could only pass the message on. No idea when they would get back to me. No email reply either.

Also had email earlier last month saying there was a mix-up on database for electricity - no mention of gas, however

Beginning to make edf and npower seem efficient!
  • newman11
    newman11 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Paul_01 wrote: »
    I put my switch request in about a week or so ago, and will report back as to how it goes.

All that has happened so far is that I received an email from Coop asking for the meter reference numbers as they couldn't find them on the national database. I replied same day.

Coop came up as my cheapest option when I did the comparison, and they seem to keep their prices quite steady. Hopefully I won't regret the move.

How much cheaper were they and who are you switching from?
  • newman11
    Options
    oldskoo1 wrote: »
    Prices, not the absolute cheapest but quite close. Their simple pricing and tariff structure and responsive support makes them the best for me.

I understand they're not the absolute cheapest but how did you find their price changes in the last few years compared with what you were paying with BG and Npower?

I'm thinking of changing to them myself but don't want to switch if their prices tend to match BG after a few months.
  • newman11
    Options
    Coop was supposed to take over my gas and electricity on 23 Jan. Just contacted my old supplier as gas still showing on account - was informed that no request had been made to take over gas (according to national database). Long time on hold to Coop - person I eventually spoke to was on the overflow team - didn't know anything and could only pass the message on. No idea when they would get back to me. No email reply either.

Also had email earlier last month saying there was a mix-up on database for electricity - no mention of gas, however

Beginning to make edf and npower seem efficient!

I think that's what I'm a bit worried about, I've never had any issues with BG or getting through to their customer service and I would rather pay a bit more but the saving for me is too tempting to ignore at the moment,
  • vm2pensioner
    Options
    newman11 wrote: »
    I think that's what I'm a bit worried about, I've never had any issues with BG or getting through to their customer service and I would rather pay a bit more but the saving for me is too tempting to ignore at the moment,

Managed to speak to someone today - very helpful man discovered there was an error - apparently, incorrect meter reference (another address in the same street) was taken by CE from data base. Strange, though, that no one had contacted me when the old company received / refused (?) the request or let me know there was a problem and there was no entry on my account for gas. CE even failed to input the meter readings I gave them correctly and estimated the electricity instead, though showing this as "meter reading" and not "estimate" on the account!
    Says they will have to start the transfer all over again, so more delay. The Coop price fix will be about to end by then.

Still awaiting formal reply - very nice people, but another example of system failure ("computer says no") with no real supervision of what actually goes on?
  • Icelady
    Options
    I'm mindful it could take a while but I've switched via e-mail this morning so let's see how long it really takes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure