NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    Should be a nice load of wonga for my dad.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ricroc wrote: »
    I have just been in touch via secure messaging within the NatWest app and received the response below. I think it’s clear they have an issue and I’ve now asked about compensation.

Hello, thank you for using secure messaging, hope you are doing well today.
    I am really sorry to hear that and we are aware that few of our customers have not received the reward yet and our switching team is looking into the matter.

I would request you to please wait for another 3-4 days as this is due to some technical error and our team is looking to sort it out for you.

Please do not worry as you have met all the criteria, you will surely receive the cashback of £125.!

I am really sorry for the inconvenience!you have come across. This is something which I never want my customers to experience with.
    Trust me, this is not a usual Natwest experience. Kindly treat this experience as an exception.

Thank you very much for your patience.!Should you have any query or concern, please feel free to get back to us anytime. We are available 24/7 to help you.

Was that secure message from NatWest's Nigerian office by any chance? They didn't ask you to send them £125 by Western Union to enable them to release your payment? ;)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    Of course, once the deadline has passed and the payment hasn't been made, then NatWest are in breach and a suitable compensatory payment should be forthcoming.

Someone kindly calculated a reasonable amount of interest on £125 to be in the order of 1p per day... it would seem very fair for NatWest to add this amount for every day the payment is delayed ;)

1p ! Doubt it !1 It will cost Natwest more with people going to the FOS and the bad press.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    ricroc wrote: »
    I have just been in touch via secure messaging within the NatWest app and received the response below. I think it’s clear they have an issue and I’ve now asked about compensation.

Hello, thank you for using secure messaging, hope you are doing well today.
    I am really sorry to hear that and we are aware that few of our customers have not received the reward yet and our switching team is looking into the matter.

I would request you to please wait for another 3-4 days as this is due to some technical error and our team is looking to sort it out for you.

Please do not worry as you have met all the criteria, you will surely receive the cashback of £125.!

I am really sorry for the inconvenience!you have come across. This is something which I never want my customers to experience with.
    Trust me, this is not a usual Natwest experience. Kindly treat this experience as an exception.

Thank you very much for your patience.!Should you have any query or concern, please feel free to get back to us anytime. We are available 24/7 to help you.

Apparently NatWest are employing people who cannot write in English.
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    @nomorekids. Youve been refuted more than once, and its getting tiresome because it doesnt agree with the NatWest terms and conditions. I know you are just trying to help.

The terms say you need to switch through CASS. Whether a letter was sent to you or not doesnt matter as long as it was a current account switch service. Other people have said they had a letter to sign and it was paid on time.

I have had zero explanation why my £125 hasnt arrived, and I didnt get a letter. So if what you say is the case for you (no reason to doubt thats what you were told of course), its not the only possible reason.

Thanks for your optimism and willing to help though. Its just not (in my opinion) the only answer for many people.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    I luv spam.

Of that fact, we are all well aware.
  • older_wiser
    older_wiser Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    You continue to display a lack of logic. What reason could there be for enquiring about a payment which had yet to be late?

Furthermore, by customers constantly contacting the bank they would be increasing the workload, and potentially compounding potential problems.

There is no legitimate argument for contacting the bank in the circumstances you describe.

in your opinion just because you keep repeating the same thing as some kind of mantra doesn't make it correct.

This thread seems to be full of people who just accept anything a bank tells you if you and others are happy to continue to behave like that thats fine more power to your elbow.

telling people not to phone was incorrect that is my opinion and it won't change many of the people who haven't had payment might be closer to actually getting it if they had contacted them.

I've heard nothing from natwest about their failure do they even know how many customers are left to be payed ? Hopefully they do but as a long standing customer of many years i'm not confident this will be dealt with swiftly.
  • p07747
    p07747 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 15 April 2018 at 8:40AM
    Options
    has anybody applied for more that one account for the £125 incentive
  • bspm1
    bspm1 Posts: 332 Forumite
    Options
    p07747 wrote: »
    has anybody applied for more that one account for the £125 incentive

Yes, we opened three.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Do NatWest run this forum?? I only ask because we are 18 years into the 21st century and it still cannot display punctuation correctly...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure