Debt free living and looking to the future.

Options

Comments

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Afternoon, can't believe it has been so long since I lasted posted, life seems to have just got in the way.

Weekend away was wonderful, we ate lots, drank lots and had an amazing time sightseeing and just spending time together, bonus we also manage to come back with 50 euro, so they have been put away for the summer.

Managed to bag myself a bargain on ebay this week, I have been after a dresser/cabinet for ages as I have lots of bits of china and glassware that have been boxed up for over 10yrs as I had nowhere childproof/dogproof to display them and as always something else more important cropped up to spend money on. I spotted someone locally selling one on ebay but the pics were not brilliant and it just stated wood cabinet no other information except there was a couple of marks, so I though s*d it for £15 I will bid on, I won the cabinet and DH and DS went to collect it and brought it home. It is fantastic solid Oak not MDF like I though and the marks polished out with some wax I had, it looks amazing and matches all my other oak furniture beautifully, looks rather similar to this one.
    https://www.oakfurnitureland.co.uk/furniture/bevel-natural-solid-oak-glazed-display-cabinet/1439.html

Other wins this week have been at the charity shop, bought a beautiful Hobbs silk skirt that looks brand new, Per una white linen trouser and some lovely new F&F blue pumps all for £14.
    Save £9 on a shop in sainsbugs and £10 off a £20 shop from abel and cole which reduced the food bill nicely, also picked up several bags of carrots reduced to 5p which I have turned into carrot and lentil soup and frozen.

£8 in Amazon voucher received so now have £13 towards new duvets.

Tomorrow i'm planning a mass listing spree on ebay to try and make some money for various goals .

Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine. xxx
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,286 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sounds like you've bagged some fab bargains there :) The hot sunny weather has indeed been wonderful xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Good afternoon.

Weather is scorching today and is drying my washing brilliantly only downfall is the pile of ironing that is growing on the dining table, but it is far to warm to tackle it now, might do it early tomorrow morning.

Lots listed on ebay this morning, hopefully I will get a few sales to top up the pots.

Not much to update really as we are just having a quiet weekend at home,but does mean yesterday and today have been NSD. Might go to the garden centre tomorrow for some bedding plants.

Have a great weekend. x
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely day Penny

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Have a lovely day Penny

x

Thankyou, you too. xx
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Another £2 amazon voucher ordered from I-say.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Great bargains! The unit looks lovely :) Well done on the listings and the vouchers :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    All sounding brilliant :T Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning.

Wonderful bank holiday weekend over and back to work today. I spent most of yesterday in the garden planting bedding plants and tidying up, spent £73 in the garden centre :eek:, but garden does look very pretty now.

Sunshine seems to have disappeared so not going to hang washing out today, feels so much cooler as well, this is what I hate about this country all the random weather we get, I want to live somewhere where the sun shines constantly for at least 6 months of the year.

Pack ups for lunch today, chicken mayo salad using leftover rst chicken, won't be a nsd as I need to post a parcel and I probably need fuel as well.

To do today-
    Finances -pay bills
    ebay listing.
    surveys
    yoga at some point.
    Easy tea -leftovers
    Post office
    fuel for car.

To do this week
    Ebay listing
    Surveys
    General housework.
    Keep up with washing/ironing.

Finances today
    0p TT to holiday savings
    Grocery budget 4/5-10/5 £100/£97
    NSD 3
    personnel spends £50/£14
    Make in May £300/
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning, hope all is well.

My anxiety seems high this morning and to be honest i'm not sure why, just feel very busy and overwhelmed by things and yet no motivation to get on and do things and get tasks completed.

So my thinking is to get it all out of my head and onto here to try and make a bit more sense of things. So i'm soryy if this seems like gobbledigook and is a bit jumbled.

Today -

House is a tip, ironing piled up and loads of washing to do, I feel as though I have lost a day as we had a day out yesterday and now I feel behind with the housework and DH has gone out for the day so i'm on my own.

To do-
    HOUSE.
    Ironing
    washing.
    clean bathroom
    clean kitchen.
    meal plan.

GARDEN
    Line planter with plastic.
    buy compost
    plant out veggie seedling.
    Water plants.
    Sort garage.

MONEY
    Catch up with surveys.
    pack ebay items.
    list ebay items.
    check banking.
    check paypal and split this weeks sales between pots.
    Sort items to send for Royal mail panel this week.

FAMILY/WELLBEING.
    Check what everyone is upto this week and what night people are out.
    Ring grandparents.
    Yoga(this has gone out the window).
    Make hair appointment.
    check when a beauty voucher I have expires and use it for some me time.
    See what summer clothes DC need, DS needs shorts, no idea about DD.
    De-clutter because a cluttered house raises my anxiety.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure