Debt free living and looking to the future.

Options

Comments

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope you enjoyed your coffee and catch up this morning Pennywise xx
    Mummytogirls x

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    lovely catch up with friends and person arrived to pick up ebay item whilst iwas out so DH has given me the £40 towards weekend away spends.

Make £300/ £80
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Afternoon,

Spent this morning listing items on ebay, couple more bids today and quite a fe bits ending tomorrow so fingers crossed to making a few quid.

Dh has been at work today for his mate but won't be paid for that until next month as DH does his invoices at the end of each month but at least we know its some extra money to come. I took DS to football and the weather stayed fine, god to get some fresh air. On way home I poped into M&S and used £20 voucher on a meal deal, southern fried chicken tenders which where on offer 3 packs for £10 and 2 packs of bacon as I had a voucher on my sparks card for 2 packs for £4 so total spend was £4, then went to Mr S as I had a voucher for £9 off a £60 spend, had made a shopping list and checked prices on line and it came to £52.67 after voucher so pleased I stayed in budget.

Lazy evening planned just tea to make and then glass of vino and TV.

Outgoings -

Bills (direct debit) £87.
    Food (eating from stores as much as possible) £300/£61.15
    Tutor £156.
    Fuel £100/£15
    Weekend away £250
    Total £893
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning.

Pottering at home day today, hopefully I can clear some of the clutter that seems to have built up with DC being off school.
    First wash is already hung out not sure if it will dry as its quite overcast but got to give it a go and washer is on again, dishwasher is on and woodburner is lit, kept the CH off this morning. Trying to be mindful and do the little things to save the pennies, decided not to wash my hair this morning as i'm not going anywhere so I've popped it in a pony tail, found some sachets of shampoo in a drawer, have put these in small suitcase ready for weekend away, saves taking a big bottle or buying travel size, have a small shower gel bottle that's nearly empty wondering if I can decant some conditioner in it to take away instead of taking a full size bottle.
    Crumpets for brekkie this morning as they need eating, lunch will be a pick and mix affair, there is some chicken tenders leftover from last nights tea, so could have those in a wrap with salad, also some cooked meat needs eating and avocados that are just pass there best. Tea tonight is carbonara but DS is having a cheese and tomato pizza as he doesn't like carbonara.

Finances checked and 1 DD has gone out so need to amend my outgoings, also have a few items ending today on ebay some should make a few pounds there.
    Must do an hour of paper work at some point and write a thankyou card for a relative that sent us a lovely bundle of Easter treats in the post.

Outgoings -

Bills (direct debit) £83.
    Food (eating from stores as much as possible) £300/£61.15.
    Tutor £156.
    Fuel £100/£15
    Weekend away £250
    Total £889

To do today
    Finances
    ebay listing/packing.
    Washing
    surveys
    yoga at some point.
    Ironing
    Hour of paperwork
    Thankyou card

To do this week
    Ebay listing
    Surveys
    General housework.
    Paint kitchen units/cupboards.
    Finish paperwork.

Finances today
    0p TT to general savings.
    Grocery budget April £300/£61.15
    NSD 2
    personnel spends
    Make £300/ £80
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a good day :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    £25 made so far today on ebay and still have a coupe of items ending later on, also redeemed £10 paypal from a survey site. Also been a NSD.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning, turned into a bonkers evening on ebay auctions ended and sold and I also sold a few Buy it nows that I had given up on, so total sales for yesterday was just over £60 :j. Lots of ebay packing to do today, did do some last night which I will drop at the PO this morning as i'm going into city with DD to get DS birthday cards and a couple of small presents as he wants money, money for this has already been saved and put to one side.
    Yesterday I also managed to get 4 loads of washing dry on the line airer, did use the dryer for the towels though as I like my towels to be fluffy:o.
    So today the weather is totally different and raining, no washing out today then, will just put a load on the airer inside. I noticed my brown change jar is getting full so I will get some bags from the bank whilst in city and have a count up only holds about £10 but every little helps.

Finances have been checked this morning, I've put £5 on DS lunch account, no DD have gone out and everything seems to be ticking along, can't believe we are a third of the way through the month already. Do need to get some fuel today car light came on yesterday when I dropped DD at work.
    Still trying to eat our way through the big freezer, bagels for breakfast, lunch tuna salad sandwich and tea tonight is either pizza or Jkt spuds as everyone except me is out at different times at different activities and i'm not making lots of different meals at various times.

Outgoings -

Bills (direct debit) £83.
    Food (eating from stores as much as possible) £300/£61.15.
    Tutor £156.
    Fuel £100/£15
    Weekend away £250
    Total £889

Finances
    ebay listing/packing.
    Washing
    surveys
    yoga at some point.
    Hour of paperwork
    Thankyou card must do this today

To do this week
    Ebay listing
    Surveys
    General housework.
    Paint kitchen units/cupboards.
    Finish paperwork.

Finances today

0p TT to general savings.
    Grocery budget April £300/£61.15
    NSD 3
    personnel spends
    Make £300/ £140
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It!!!8217;s an early start for you this morning.

Amazing news on the eBay front, particularly on thr items you thought wouldn!!!8217;t sell.

If you have a NatWest bank in town, check whether they have a coin machine in the branch as it will save you having to bag up your change. OH bagged up £30 in coppers for the children but I ended up tipping them in the coin machine. It!!!8217;s free to use and you get a recipt which you take to the till and get the money in a denomination of your choice.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Thanks Chanie, I will check about Natwest, I know they closed the one in the small town, will see where the one is in the city otherwise DS can have the job of bagging up :D.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done on the sales :T :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income