Panasonic TX-49FX750B Remote Control Sensor

Options
124»

Comments

• AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They can overhang the sides can’t they ?
  • kev2009
    kev2009 Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    They could a bit but the issue would be where the feet are actually located as I suspect the feet would not align to where the end of the TV stand is so wouldn't sit completely flat and would be at a slight angle with one side feet on the TV stand the other not, so wouldn't look good. Also as my TV stand is angled in the corner of the room, one side is next to curtains so not a good idea to have it hitting the curtains. Unfortunately i mis-remember the measurements for the stand so thought the other soundbars would work but clearly not, would not look right in the room so i'm now back to smaller soundbars so now trying to decide between the Sonos beam & the Bose 500 and any other options people may recommend.

Thanks

Kev
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    Plenty of 3rd party stands to replace the stand/legs on the TV.

Have you thought about top mounting a sound bar?

Both options overcome some of your size limitations.
  • kev2009
    Options
    Hi, thanks @getmore4less. Can you get different stand for Panasonic TV? From what i recall, the base slipped into a housing on the back of the TV so didn't think could use a different type of stand?

Can't mount the soundbar at the top due to space limitation. TV sits in corner of a room angled so i'd hit the walls :(

Kev
  • kev2009
    Options
    So far, Bose was looking promising as liked the idea of it only being under 5cm high, had a remote and according to alot of people slightly better sound than the Sonos, likely due to the £100+ price difference. However, i've read some people are finding when switching sources, the sound doesn't work so they have to power off or unplug cables which I don't really want to have to keep getting up each time i change a source on the TV so that leaves me back to the Sonos, whcih has some other plus points, naming night time mode to lower sound volume maybe useful for films which suddenly get louder at different stages i.e music/background noise etc and it has clear text which is meant to improve the dialog so you can hear it clearer over music etc in a film, show. However, it is 6.4cm high and I only have space of 6cm to bottom of TV so will have to see how it looks covering half the bottom of the TV. Worse case, maybe i'll have to find something to put under the TV, i.e piece of wood or something.. not ideal but maybe only way forward.

Kev
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    kev2009 wrote: »
    Hi, thanks @getmore4less. Can you get different stand for Panasonic TV? From what i recall, the base slipped into a housing on the back of the TV so didn't think could use a different type of stand?

Can't mount the soundbar at the top due to space limitation. TV sits in corner of a room angled so i'd hit the walls :(

Kev

Put a shelf up in the corner of the room above the TV or (presuming it has wall mounting holes on the TV) try something like:

https://www.wayfair.co.uk/furniture/pdp/symple-stuff-glass-tv-stand-for-tvs-up-to-60-u001487775.html

We got the following for our 50inch Sony:

https://www.wayfair.co.uk/furniture/pdp/george-oliver-sunterra-tv-stand-for-tvs-up-to-60-jua1091.html?piid=9981145

The soundbar sits on the glass top and all of the boxes go underneath.
  • kev2009
    Options
    Thanks, i think those stands maybe a bit too wide unfortunately, would need to measure but the TV stand I have cost a fair bit (its wooden) so don't really want to change it as it fits in with the fire place and other items in the living room as part of same style etc.

Looks like i'm tied to either a Sonos beam or Bose 500 but due to some reviews i'm kinda leaning towards the Sonos but just the clearance issue so will have to have a look at the back of the TV and see if universal stand would fit or not as opposed to the Stand it came with to give it an extra increase in height OR i might just have to find a piece of wood to put under the TV stand, unless the Sonos comes with rubber feet that you can remove and have it completely flat? not sure if viable or if get vibration etc...

There is a *slim* possibility it may fit on the shelf in the unit BUT the unit is only 935mm wide (measurement of top) and the beam is approx 650mm i think so would mean the leg and the little over hang from the top of the unit has to be no more than 42.5mm each side which is possible but will then have to see how it sits. I think the Sonos has 2 side speakers so i'm hoping if it fits, the sound will pass the edge of the cabinet and come out into the room form the side speakers, albeit it one side the sound will hit the curtains/patio doors. IF this works, then i can simply put my Apple TV box on top under the TV as the Sonos will block the signal to the apple TV for sure. The bluray player is seldom used so wont be a major issue for the odd times it used (think used it once in 2 years)

Kev
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    edited 30 November 2019 at 2:26PM
    Options

Kev

The 3rd party stands use the vesa mount on the back of the TV.
    Like the wall mounts.

If a soundbar will fit below it should fit above using a bracket.

Picture might help with more ideas.

Google

Table cantilever stand.

TV top mount soundbar
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks, i think those stands maybe a bit too wide unfortunately, would need to measure but the TV stand I have cost a fair bit (its wooden) so don't really want to change it as it fits in with the fire place and other items in the living room as part of same style etc.

Looks like i'm tied to either a Sonos beam or Bose 500 but due to some reviews i'm kinda leaning towards the Sonos but just the clearance issue so will have to have a look at the back of the TV and see if universal stand would fit or not as opposed to the Stand it came with to give it an extra increase in height OR i might just have to find a piece of wood to put under the TV stand, unless the Sonos comes with rubber feet that you can remove and have it completely flat? not sure if viable or if get vibration etc...

There is a *slim* possibility it may fit on the shelf in the unit BUT the unit is only 935mm wide (measurement of top) and the beam is approx 650mm i think so would mean the leg and the little over hang from the top of the unit has to be no more than 42.5mm each side which is possible but will then have to see how it sits. I think the Sonos has 2 side speakers so i'm hoping if it fits, the sound will pass the edge of the cabinet and come out into the room form the side speakers, albeit it one side the sound will hit the curtains/patio doors. IF this works, then i can simply put my Apple TV box on top under the TV as the Sonos will block the signal to the apple TV for sure. The bluray player is seldom used so wont be a major issue for the odd times it used (think used it once in 2 years)

Kev

Perhaps of no use to yourself then but Wayfair have a lot of TV stands and you can filter by dimensions (width and/or height) as well as the normal criteria.

https://www.wayfair.co.uk/keyword.php?keyword=tv+stand&command=dosearch&new_keyword_search=true&class_id=
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, that's how i figured it but I presumed that the TV would pass the appropriate sound as the soundbar supports it? I thought TV would pass the sound and soundbar would choose how to output if it wasn't in a format it could play, i.e downgrade it?

For example, i don't think my TV can do Atmos so i assumed it would pass the Atmos signal to the soundbar which would play it? maybe i'm wrong..

Not that simple unfortunately and many older TVs do 'strip' 5 channels down to 2, never mind ATMOS and stuff. Maybe not as bad these days, but very hard to check.

For your stand dilema, all TVs will have a VESA mount system. This is a great standard that everyone follows. There are different sizes - when you buy a TV, find out the VESA mount size, buy a stand that suits that, the TV size and weight, and away you go. 4 screws usually.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure