Panasonic TX-49FX750B Remote Control Sensor

Options

Comments

• AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    not really.

If its out of sync one way the brain isn't bothered by it.
    If its out of sync the other way, it does confuse the brain.

Manufacture will obviously make sure they own equipment works together.

Maybe buy from argos, so you can return if you don't like?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    kev2009 wrote: »
    Thanks Andy, I've heard that some soundbars when watching programs/films, you can see the people and the speech are not in sync. Some have said TV channels are fine but when using say a Apple TV and watching something, the speech isn't in sync which doesn't' sound idea :( So bit dubious whether to go for a Panasonic soundbar to keep it same make as TV and hope less issues OR if its more a luck of the draw but must be a way to tell if it will all work in sync before purchasing?

Kev

Does it not have a delay function for audio out so you can set sync correctly?
  • kev2009
    kev2009 Posts: 1,040 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm no sure @colin_maybe, its just what I've read online of people complaining etc. Most people seem to have bought a soundbar by the same make of TV but it seems Panasonic soundbars are not quiet as look as others hence i'd be using a different brand so could well come into sync issues?

Kev
  • AndyPK
    Options
    I’m impressed with the Panasonic one. Too impressed really as it ends up being loud.

It has a clear voice mode, normal music mode, surround mode.
  • kev2009
    Options
    Which Panasonic one do you have, if i may ask?

Kev
  • almillar
    almillar Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I turn the tv sound off so it’s not an issue.

You're meant to turn the TV sound off, not have both going at the same time.
    Sync issues should be referring to 'lip sync' as in hearing the sound slightly before or after getting the picture. It's most noticable whilst watching people talking, hence lip sync. I am able to adjust a delay on my Sky box to allow for this, and many amps, and presumably sound bars, do this too.
  • kev2009
    Options
    Yes, apologies wasn't clear, it meant lip sync as in you can hear the words before the characters on the TV talk, which I obviously want to avoid and hence concerned I may get this as TV and soundbar and different makes and likely never been tested/designed to work together.

Any other suggestions or is the LG SL8YG a good fit etc for my TV?

I did look at the LG SL10YG as its a newer version BUT its also meant for a much bigger TV as its about the width of a 65" TV so that's a no go for me, my current 49" TV overhangs the TV stand slightly on both edges (no a issue as is located in a corner so its by 2 walls and no one can walk past etc to knock it but no way i'd get a longer soundbar on the stand. The LG SL8YG comes slightly less than the width of the TV so i need to now find out where the feet are located to see if it will sit on the TV stand. The LG is 57mm high and there is 6mm from the base to the bottom of the TV so meaning it shouldn't block the TV signal as it will sit just below the bottom f the TV so should be ideal, assuming no interference in the signal which i presume there wont be as lots of people have them in front of the TV or just below it and some even sit underneath the TV, which i'm not sure mine could but would be handy if it did, need to get tape measure out and see if it will fit.

Kev
  • AndyPK
    Options
    Which Panasonic one do you have, if i may ask?

Kev

Mine is a Panasonic SoundBar SC-HTB8
    purchased recently (2nd hand) kinda to match my 2012 TV and partly cus I didn't want to pay a lot of money for one.

Yes I know what lip sync is, however if the TV sound and SB sound aren't in sync, it does give an indication that one of them isn't perfectly matched with the picture!
    I put it down to being driven from an optical connection.

As I don't recall any sync issues with my Parents Hitachi TV/SB which is connected via copper wires
  • kev2009
    Options
    Thanks. Will take a look at that soundbar, the LG one i mentioned seems to fit the bill, just worried over compatibility and if all will be ok with the AppleTV 4k box i have. As that's where lip syc issues seem to rise.

Kev
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 25 November 2019 at 10:18PM
    Options
    I've heard that some soundbars when watching programs/films, you can see the people and the speech are not in sync.
    I think the manufacturers will be very keen to provide a quality product which does not suffer from these issues. Any such problems which do occur are usually down to user error and are solved simply by carefully reading the instruction manual.
    AndyPK wrote: »
    I put it down to being driven from an optical connection.
    That won't cause synchronisation issues by itself. As above, check your settings. Your TV sound should also be deselected not simply turned down...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure