Starting over 2017

Options

Comments

• Tea&Kittens
    Options
    Hi, just found your thread! Slow days are ok :), particularly this time of year!
    #Frugal February : NSDs Target =16
    Started here on 07 September 2017: Total:[STRIKE] £20,521[/STRIKE] £19847
    Barclaycard: [STRIKE]£14659[/STRIKE] £14435 Oct 2017 HSBC Credit Card : [STRIKE]£3112[/STRIKE] £3012 Oct 2017
    Overdraft: [STRIKE]350[/STRIKE] £0 Oct2017 MBNA : 2400
    A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. I'm on my way!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Slow days are good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Dorastar
    Dorastar Posts: 2,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Food shop done and the hungry ones are putting it all away in the kitchen. For some unknown reason they have demanded pancakes for tea - be Easter eggs for breakfast next ��
    Mortgage £128,626 going down slowly
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Nowt wrong with Easter eggs for breckie :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Dorastar
    Options
    Sorted out a few bits and bobs today and visited family. Managed to persuade the boy that he'd really like to go on packed lunches after Christmas, should save us quite a bit overall. More or less got Christmas sorted now apart from the food and hubby is working Christmas day so we won't be overdoing it then either. Tomorrow is another supply meeting, typing up minutes and then some batch cooking to stock up the freezer with a few meals. Apart from parking and dinner money it should be a NSD. Got to get a bank statement to see how the finances are going but hopefully will have some to shove off the debts.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    My DS requests pancakes once a month or so, he also quite likes savoury ones. Chicken scraps, bits of veg, cheese sauce, etc.

I want an easter egg now :p
  • Dorastar
    Options
    No idea how my kids eat so much, I fill the fridge only to find it virtually empty within days. Thankfully it's pretty much soup weather at the moment so hubby and I are filling up on that and homemade bread for lunches. Need to do a fridge clean and menu plan this evening and then food shop tomorrow. Hardly any snow here so no problems with shopping.
  • Dorastar
    Options
    Been quiet while I've been job hunting but nothing has worked out yet, so need to really tighten the purse strings from now on as we are on one wage until I can get something. Part time extra job didn't get pay slip done in time and hubby's work forgot to press send on pre-Christmas BACS payment so we are on minus money till at least Thursday. Luckily we had already done the big food shop and we are being fed tomorrow at a friends and Christmas day at Nans. Still not a nice place to be though. Going to spend some time over the hols doing a tight budget then off to get a new bank account and investigate a DMP as if I don't get something early in New Year we are in trouble :(
  • redofromstart
    Options
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Dorastar wrote: »
    Been quiet while I've been job hunting but nothing has worked out yet, so need to really tighten the purse strings from now on as we are on one wage until I can get something. Part time extra job didn't get pay slip done in time and hubby's work forgot to press send on pre-Christmas BACS payment so we are on minus money till at least Thursday. Luckily we had already done the big food shop and we are being fed tomorrow at a friends and Christmas day at Nans. Still not a nice place to be though. Going to spend some time over the hols doing a tight budget then off to get a new bank account and investigate a DMP as if I don't get something early in New Year we are in trouble :(

Oh no that's terrible re hubby's bacs payment and the part time job payment :eek:.
    It's horrible being skint at Christmas, we've had a few year's like thst :(.

Maybe a DMP would be for the best. Contacting Stepchange was one of the best moves I and DH ever made.

I hope you have a lovely Christmas despite everything and can find a job in the new year :xmassign:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure