PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 3

Options

Comments

• Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 July 2019 at 9:24PM
    Options
    Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2019 Third Quarter

01/07/19 - 30/09/19

Imperial (lbs)
    Brambling -/10 STS/
    Cranky -1.5/- :);)/
    DundeeDoll -/10
    Gingerlily -/14
    HoneytheWitch -/14
    Izadora -/7
    Katiepants -/14
    MovingForward -/10 STS/
    Need2bthrifty -/14
    Rosewood -/14
    S_glover 5/12 :):):):):)
    Sirens 0.5/14 ;)
    Zafiro1984 1/28 :)/

Weight Loss week 1 ..................
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

1lb loss I'm pleasantly surprised but I must step this diet up a bit.

B:- black tea
    L: HM tomato soup with chillies and garlic, (came in at 105 calories) one slice granary bread, apple satsuma
    D: turkey and veg, apple satsuma, one square 95% chocolate, maybe 3 walnuts. no wine.
    Water throughout the day
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    zafiro1984 wrote: »
    I'm pleasantly surprised but I must step this diet up a bit.

I'll be joining you in that sentiment once we are back from London and my friend's celebration of life is over. From Friday I will try to log my meals too. Something I realised this week....I am actually scared of being hungry because if I can't eat once I am hungry my risk of having a migraine is very high.

I do remember though, when the late great MrC died I didn't eat for weeks unless someone put food in front of me or took me out to eat and there were no migraines. I still don't really understand that or know why for that period of time my usual migraine trigger (missing a meal or late eating) didn't kick in.
  • Brambling
    Options
    Cranky Maybe you're body/brain was protecting you knowing you already had more than enough to cope with. Can you get away with eating something low in calories for example a handful of cherry tomatoes, sugar snap peas or grapes to tide you over until you can cook or does it have to be carbs or something substantial?

It's my weigh in tomorrow and I'm not hopeful :o my three main meals have been good but I've been picking especially in the evenings, it's not helped by not sleeping well and some family stuff going around and around in my head. So Zarfiro and Cranky I think I will try to join you in stepping up the diet a bit. I've agreed to go to Dorset and help with the family stuff next weekend (I have to work this Saturday) so hopefully my brain spinning will settle and not get worst :o. I have stuck to my meal plan this week if you don't count the evening rummages in the kitchen, if you eat enough low calorie snacks they mount up :(

Izadora you're right to draw a line under the week and start again :D

S_glover any tips that's a great loss :T and well done all of you :T

B - FF Greek yogurt with apple compote and raspberries
    L - smoked salmon, avocado and egg salad, banana
    D - SW chicken laksa with noodles
    S - 2 shortbread biscuits, finger of fudge, grapes
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    Evening All

I've had a busy day. I had Pilates and coffee with friends this morning and then DS came for lunch. This afternoon I went for a walk with a friend and a catch up on all her news. This evening was supposed to be quiet but I got called into work as a member of staff had to go home ill. Fortunately, I didn't have to stay all evening so came home at eight.

Lunch: Smoked salmon with cream cheese and avocado, spinach, tomato, cucumber and mayonnaise. Greek yoghurt with lemon juice and sweetener.
    Dinner: Chicken breast with small jacket potato, peppers, mushrooms and peas.
    Treats: Solero. Couple of slices of pepperoni

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • CRANKY40
    Options
    Thanks Brambling. Have a hug. I hope you sort out your family stuff and I wish I was going to Dorset although you probably wish that you weren't.

The current problem is that my shifts at work run 11-3, 12-4 or 10:45 - 2:45. All mean I miss lunch (can't eat at work, I'm too busy and don't get a meal break) so I have to eat before I leave home. I need to think of a way round it because having lunch at 11am ready for my 12-4 shift means that I'm hungry when I come home but it's too early for dinner so I pick at rubbish. I can do the 10:45 - 2:45 on a big breakfast just about but then I come home too hungry to last until dinner time. If I have lunch at 3pm then i don't want dinner and I pick on junk.

I need to find a way to be hungry but that doesn't give my body whatever signal it takes to start a migraine. I think I need to do a bit of research/reading/something drastic. I love my job - it's in a cafe and the rest of the staff are lovely. It also allows me to take the house troll to school every morning and pick him up some afternoons which is more than I dared hope for when I thought about going back to work.

If anyone needs putting off food, our cat has had blocked anal glands which is beyond rare in cats. It had to be ours and thank goodness for pet insurance because although the procedure for clearing them is the same as it is in dogs, it would be a brave or foolish vet that tried to replicate it with a conscious cat!

Rose your son is lucky to have you to call on in emergencies.
  • Brambling
    Options
    Thanks Cranky I love Dorset it's where I grew up and it's a beautiful county :) I could just do without the family drama

You're right those aren't great hours to work your food around, do you have time to have something prepared for when you get home as a healthy snack even if it's something like boiled eggs in the fridge or a baked vegetable frittata.

It's good you're enjoying your job :) how's your arm now?
  • CRANKY40
    Options
    Brambling wrote: »

It's good you're enjoying your job :) how's your arm now?

Waiting for my first physio appointment on the 25th of this month. Fingers crossed it will help. My fingers still have pins and needles if my arm is in the wrong position and the head physio that I saw at the beginning of the month to discuss possible treatment reckons it's to do with my neck and it can be helped.
  • s_glover
    s_glover Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all (just), still going well on track here. Had a good couple of days (despite a couple of glasses of wine in the pub Monday night). Had a nice lunchtime run yesterday, albeit very slow and am hoping to go for a walk this lunchtime.
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Evening

Can I join in please, I weighed myself on Monday (big shock) and immediately started to cut out the unhealthy choices that seem to have become a regular part of my lifestyle. I do much better food-wise when I get into a proper routine of planning meals, having an organised fridge and a target to meet.

Checking the nhs height/weight chart I am slap-dab in the middle of the overweight section :o ; aside from that and the discomfort I feel carrying the extra weight, I have a milestone birthday coming up later this year and I'm determined to be back in the healthy weight range by then.

So for this part of the challenge Brambling can you put me down for 14lbs.

Today's been a good day
    B - smashed avocado on 2 crispbreads, an orange
    L - ham, lettuce, cucumber, radish, tomato, pomegranate, drizzle of balsamic and a small slice of dry toast.
    D - Braised lamb steak, steamed broccoli and sweecorn. Maybe a toffee yoghurt for pud.

Despite it being a muggy thundery day I did get out for a brisk 40min walk along the river bank and round the park.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure