DMP mutual support thread part 13 !!

Options

Comments

• BettyBooh
    Options
    Just wanted to say I hope everyone had a Happy Christmas. I was feeling a bit down, but reading these posts keeps me going. Aqua are still ringing, but I have blocked them now, Got a letter from Barclays this morning but I think it crossed with mine. I did want to ask about Barclaycard though, they have agreed payments and want to charge 3%. Do I pay as agreed or wait to be defaulted?
    Thank you to everyone on here.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    BettyBooh wrote: »
    Just wanted to say I hope everyone had a Happy Christmas. I was feeling a bit down, but reading these posts keeps me going. Aqua are still ringing, but I have blocked them now, Got a letter from Barclays this morning but I think it crossed with mine. I did want to ask about Barclaycard though, they have agreed payments and want to charge 3%. Do I pay as agreed or wait to be defaulted?
    Thank you to everyone on here.

As time goes on and things settle down, you will start to miss the calls and letters, I used to like playing little games of letter tennis with them, and chatting to them on the phone, however I digress, I would wait and be defaulted, 3% is still 3%.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just stopping by to say Hi and hope you all had a good Christmas. Not been around for a while, as OH had a motorbike accident at end of October and broke his collar bone. Had to have an op to have a metal plate put in and things have been hectic. I have had to drive him everywhere, as well as having to have a couple of days of work, which didn't help the finances. Will up date my diary soon as I get a spare 5 minutes and try and come on here more often now....can't believe its nearly 4 years since we started our DMP journey.
  • Tommy108
    Options
    Hi, I have a questions I’m hoping you can help with. I have just started a debt management plan through step change. I have stupidly just transferred my wages to an account in collections and now can’t move my money back. The collections departments in the bank is now closed. Do you know if I will be able to get this money back, as I can’t pay my bills without it
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,888 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Tommy108 wrote: »
    Hi, I have a questions I’m hoping you can help with. I have just started a debt management plan through step change. I have stupidly just transferred my wages to an account in collections and now can’t move my money back. The collections departments in the bank is now closed. Do you know if I will be able to get this money back, as I can’t pay my bills without it

Give them a ring when they re-open and explain what you’ve done.

Normally you should be able to get the money back.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • sasha180
    Options
    Morning everyone, could someone advise me on my options with my last remaining debt on my DMP. I originally started my DMP about 4 years ago with a 68k balance, I had reduced this to 26k a few months back but then withdrew some old pensions at the ripe old age of 55... a couple of debts had never defaulted so I paid these in full and got settlement figures of around 20% reduction on most of the rest. The only lender who wouldn't give me a reasonable settlement was PRA who only offered 5% discount. My question is, now I've paid all other debts off. just leaving the 6K to PRA, I could realistically pay them £500 a month, is this what I will have to do till its paid, or can I just tell them its £100 a month as the money is better in my pocket than theirs as I don't feel a desire to stretch myself to pay off this last debt..
  • System
    Options
    sasha180 wrote: »
    Morning everyone, could someone advise me on my options with my last remaining debt on my DMP. I originally started my DMP about 4 years ago with a 68k balance, I had reduced this to 26k a few months back but then withdrew some old pensions at the ripe old age of 55... a couple of debts had never defaulted so I paid these in full and got settlement figures of around 20% reduction on most of the rest. The only lender who wouldn't give me a reasonable settlement was PRA who only offered 5% discount. My question is, now I've paid all other debts off. just leaving the 6K to PRA, I could realistically pay them £500 a month, is this what I will have to do till its paid, or can I just tell them its £100 a month as the money is better in my pocket than theirs as I don't feel a desire to stretch myself to pay off this last debt..

Well if it were me, I would pay them as little as possible, in the hope that eventually they would agree to a better discount. They don't need to know how much money you really have to pay them with. Some people like to pay more to get it paid quicker, but personally I would hold out for a better discount
    We are currently not paying PRA anything as they have said they are unable to find the CAA paper work and so deem them to be UE in the mean time.
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    edited 31 December 2018 at 2:45PM
    Options
    Hi all

I've not posted for a while but I can assure you I am always lurking :p

Wanted to share my good news (for me anyway)
    Just received 2 letters from Halifax regarding our 2 huge loans. They say 'we agreed to freeze interest and fees on your account when you informed us you couldn't keep up the interest payments. We had wrongly added interest etc and have now refunded back to your accounts the sums of £485.73 and £310.67 and these sums will now reduce your balances :T

Obviously I haven't won the lottery but it sure feels like it :D

I also remember Sourcrates saying that around this time of year the boards become extra busy with new members asking for debt and DMP advice. Take it from me do not be scared to enter into a DMP if that is your only option. I am still here , I haven't been dragged through the courts, the big burly bailiffs never smashed their way into my home. In fact our creditors have been amazingly supportive.

I'm still plugging and will be for the foreseeable future BUT having nearly £800 taken off our overall balance is a great boost going into a new year in DMP land :D

Happy new year all
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • System
    Options
    motivated wrote: »
    Hi all

I've not posted for a while but I can assure you I am always lurking :p

Wanted to share my good news (for me anyway)
    Just received 2 letters from Halifax regarding our 2 huge loans. They say 'we agreed to freeze interest and fees on your account when you informed us you couldn't keep up the interest payments. We had wrongly added interest etc and have now refunded back to your accounts the sums of £485.73 and £310.67 and these sums will now reduce your balances :T

Obviously I haven't won the lottery but it sure feels like it :D

I also remember Sourcrates saying that around this time of year the boards become extra busy with new members asking for debt and DMP advice. Take it from me do not be scared to enter into a DMP if that is your only option. I am still here , I haven't been dragged through the courts, the big burly bailiffs never smashed their way into my home. In fact our creditors have been amazingly supportive.

I'm still plugging and will be for the foreseeable future BUT having nearly £800 taken off our overall balance is a great boost going into a new year in DMP land :D

Happy new year all
    M

Wow, its lovely when that happens. We also got this from H/fax, but no where near that amount. It certainly helps the total go down.
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Hi ploppy

Both the Halifax loans are our highest debts. This is probably why the refunds were high.
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport