IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Letter of Claim - CSB Solicitors

Options

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    They are entitled to see proof of I.D. A copy of your V5 is sufficient.
  • Bonez257
    Bonez257 Posts: 75 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

You do not get a CCJ even if you lose; as long as you pay within 30 days of judgment it's all sorted and nothing stays on the register (i.e. your credit record). No 'risk' as long as you don't miss court deadlines, you may as well defend and fight.

You will likely pay less than is being demanded even if you lose, all over with no effect on your credit rating - you will have cost THEM more.

I'm just wondering, does this rule still apply or has it been changed? I ask because its been like 6 years since this was posted on the sticky thread
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Bonez257 wrote: »

You do not get a CCJ even if you lose; as long as you pay within 30 days of judgment it's all sorted and nothing stays on the register (i.e. your credit record). No 'risk' as long as you don't miss court deadlines, you may as well defend and fight.

You will likely pay less than is being demanded even if you lose, all over with no effect on your credit rating - you will have cost THEM more.

I'm just wondering, does this rule still apply or has it been changed? I ask because its been like 6 years since this was posted on the sticky thread

The sticky thread originated 6 years ago, but it is one that is subject to regular update. If you look at the foot of each post (there are 5 of them) you will see when the most recent update was effected. Anything in that post at the time of the update was current.

In relation to what you are quoting, this is the update entry at the foot of post #2.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 02-02-2019 at 12:32 AM.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Bonez257
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I got a response from the SAR email I had sent and have received all the information I asked for (pictures etc). Can anyone advise next step please?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Have you responded to the LBC sent to you by the solicitors? If not, that needs to be done by the 30 day deadline.

How to deal with the LBC is covered in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Dispute the debt in the reply to CSB solicitors, and reiterate clearly which is your 'address for service' (i.e. the one you need the claim form to go to) which in my mind would NOT be your term time address in case they serve the claim in August!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Bonez257
    Options
    I have already emailed the solicitors quite a while ago acknowledging the LoC, disputing the debt and have also asked them for another LoC as the one they have sent me doesn't comply with the PD. Do I wait for them to reply?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Do they have the term time address and the home address? If so, do what I said.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Bonez257
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Do they have the term time address and the home address? If so, do what I said.

Yes this has already been done
  • Bonez257
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Have you responded to the LBC sent to you by the solicitors? If not, that needs to be done by the 30 day deadline.

How to deal with the LBC is covered in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2.

So I've sent an SAR and received a reply and have also emailed the solicitors and the PPC about the LoC and requested for them to send me another one that complies with the PD (all this from sticky). I'm assuming I just wait now to receive a letter from the court since this is the next step?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure