124»

Replies

• edited 15 May 2019 at 4:35PM
    Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    99.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 May 2019 at 4:35PM
    Yes if the SAR has disclosed all your personal data, then wait, but spend the time reading similar threads.
    parking at Salford University
    I expect it's about not displaying a permit? Search the forum for:

University permit claim

and

defence Pace v Lengyel impossibility true

...and you will see how to word your defence in due course. Easy enough, once you have prepared and researched it well.

Also read Pace v Lengyel (see the Parking Prankster's case law pages).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Bonez257Bonez257 Forumite
    73 Posts
    Second Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Yes if the SAR has disclosed all your personal data, then wait, but spend the time reading similar threads.

I expect it's about not displaying a permit? Search the forum for:

University permit claim

and

defence Pace v Lengyel impossibility true

...and you will see how to word your defence in due course. Easy enough, once you have prepared and researched it well.

Also read Pace v Lengyel (see the Parking Prankster's case law pages).

No I don't actually have a permit as I don't go to that particular university. I was just going to the library to study over the holidays
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    99.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    On all fours with the findings and facts in Pace v Lengyel then, I hope you have realised - plus that case was decided by DJ Iyer sitting at Manchester court.

You must cite it and serve that transcript at WS & evidence stage.

Hopefully your court is also Manchester!
  • wrestling231wrestling231 Forumite
    40 Posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    i got a parking ticket at salford uni ...... i got the similiar lettter from csb..... are you defending ure self or u getting legal aid?
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    16K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got a parking ticket at salford uni ...... i got the similiar lettter from csb..... are you defending ure self or u getting legal aid?
    Defending yourself? Legal Aid? This is the small claims court and the "defending yourself" is done by writing and submitting a defence, witness statement, skeleton argument (optional) and cost schedule. There is no need for solicitors for the defendant and unlikely to get legal aid (IMHO) for a parking invoice.
    73 Posts
    I've had a response from the SRA to say they aren't taking any further action after sending them pictures of the letters. Was this expected?
    73 Posts

I'll let you know outcome
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    99.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonez257 wrote: »
    I've had a response from the SRA to say they aren't taking any further action after sending them pictures of the letters. Was this expected?
    Yes, sadly, the SRA don't appear to care about bottom-feeding 'solicitor'/debt collector firms misleading people about liability and how much can be recovered, bailiffs, and all the scary stuff that WILL NOT HAPPEN.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides