Forum Home » Motoring » Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking

Letter of Claim - CSB Solicitors - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Letter of Claim - CSB Solicitors

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
38 replies 2.4K views

Replies

• beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    14.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The letter
    https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOGCGjoq80KSeaAIdGrzEya4jPNc84sa1kmtDw8kTZVPSzcaqH10E4xZ8IHoH0Pow/photo/AF1QipNFO_gy4DagYvher5X89tt2pt2ctQAoCOG33_td?key=TEo2bFFQcUpCSURjX2U0QUNnVEJwTUFUTWNab193

Statement of account
    https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO78idPmVudSgJmYYT4kngV29BoYIL3M8Js6850h6tiRGLk5ZvJuxfYPhki7JBLGg/photo/AF1QipNcJP85x5GCtgNYFY2Rg2Sxjqwr8dcmISDbcHFA?key=d01VQkhiU0V5SHlpVExBMXd1aGE3QzVzNktzamdn

The links are long as it's google. Someone might find a shorter link

The letter for a LBC is normal

The Statement of account ? (You do not have an account with them)

How much was the ticket .... £60 or £100 ?

This shows £60 as the principle debt ZERO admin. This adds up to £130 ??? HOW ???

Judgment costs of £25 ...... as it's not been to court yet, no judgment has been made

There is no warrant for £100. If the parking charge was £100, it is only a speculative debt until a judge says otherwise
    Same as the £2.25 warrant charge ?

Either CBS are currently employing idiots or they simply don't understand about the parking scam

In your reply to the LBC you deny everything and query the figures they produce.

Google the word "warrant" and you will see that CBS are talking from the hole that the sun does not shine.

Also copy this to the SRA as said above.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    28.2K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ticket undoubtedly would be for £100 (‘discounted [to £60] for early payment, which every PPC has to offer). Hardly any PPC demands less than £100/£60.

If the PCN was £60, they’d need to discount it to £36 for early payment. Unheard of!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @op

Take down the link to the"The letter" in #9, and remove the image from your hosting site (link will still be available via cache)

It reveals unique information that will allow the PPC to identify you

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use posts in your thread against you
  • Bonez257Bonez257 Forumite
    20 posts
    The ticket undoubtedly would be for £100 (‘discounted [to £60] for early payment, which every PPC has to offer). Hardly any PPC demands less than £100/£60.

If the PCN was £60, they’d need to discount it to £36 for early payment. Unheard of!

Initially it was £30 if paid within the first 14 days and then £60 afterwards
    20 posts
    Quentin wrote: »
    @op

Take down the link to the"The letter" in #9, and remove the image from your hosting site (link will still be available via cache)

It reveals unique information that will allow the PPC to identify you

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use posts in your thread against you

Done and done, thank you for making me aware
  • edited 28 April 2019 at 8:58PM
    Bonez257Bonez257 Forumite
    20 posts
    edited 28 April 2019 at 8:58PM
    beamerguy wrote: »
    The letter for a LBC is normal

The Statement of account ? (You do not have an account with them)

How much was the ticket .... £60 or £100 ?

This shows £60 as the principle debt ZERO admin. This adds up to £130 ??? HOW ???

Judgment costs of £25 ...... as it's not been to court yet, no judgment has been made

There is no warrant for £100. If the parking charge was £100, it is only a speculative debt until a judge says otherwise
    Same as the £2.25 warrant charge ?

Either CBS are currently employing idiots or they simply don't understand about the parking scam

In your reply to the LBC you deny everything and query the figures they produce.

Google the word "warrant" and you will see that CBS are talking from the hole that the sun does not shine.

Also copy this to the SRA as said above.

Would it be best to send a letter to the LBC or reply to them via email?
  • Thank you everyone for your quick replies. I have emailed the SRA but they did not have a certain email address to email but I will await further communication with them. I have also sent an email to the company in question for a Subject Access Request. I want to reply to the LBC but am unsure if I should mention that I have gone to the SRA to look into this so-called solicitors and if I should mention harassment due to the volume of letters I have received. If anyone else has any tips please let me know and I shall update this thread in due course
  • beamerguybeamerguy Forumite
    14.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonez257 wrote: »
    Thank you everyone for your quick replies. I have emailed the SRA but they did not have a certain email address to email but I will await further communication with them. I have also sent an email to the company in question for a Subject Access Request. I want to reply to the LBC but am unsure if I should mention that I have gone to the SRA to look into this so-called solicitors and if I should mention harassment due to the volume of letters I have received. If anyone else has any tips please let me know and I shall update this thread in due course

You must reply to the LBC before it times out.

I see no point in telling them you have complained to the SRA, they will know soon enough either from the SRA or reading it here

You can complain about harassment but POFA 2012 allows this so don't expect any response, it's just a cowboy industry
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS
    DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    84.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I must get around to an edit of the NEWBIES thread to add this, seeing as only the regulars read every defence thread and see this said time and again:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75754579#post75754579
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    20 posts
    I have received a response from the PPC. Do I need to show proof of ID for a SAR request or are they having me on?