3 Month Old Sofology Sofa Sagging Badly

Options

Comments

• Ashleyy
    Ashleyy Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    We're in the same boat. After multiple mistakes and delays with the order it arrived and is sagging and uncomfortable. I was 6 months pregnant when we ordered the sofa. We specifically chose the firmer filling due to my pregnancy and my partners bad back. At no point did the salesman state there would be a drastic decline in the firmness of the sofa.

Sofology have however stated that it is perfectly acceptable and that daily maintenance is required should I want a plump sofa. Specifically daily maintenance is daily removal of the cushions off the furniture,opening the zip at the back and manually separating the fibres with your hands... grabbing the fibres inside the cushion through the inner cover and pulling them apart or separating them.

Sofology are completely dismissive of my complaint and want to charge me £70 for someone to inspect it. We spent a lot of money on something that isn't fit for purpose. I'm so frustrated and upset
  • J1085
    J1085 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have had the exact same problem with the linara corner sofa in the utah grey, didnt recieve the leather care i ordered with it, noticed after a few days there was snagging on the stitching in a few places and some minor marks, after googling it found out there are a lot of people having issues with sofology! There is even a group on facebook called sofology fails! Immediatley i decided i would request a return and submitted my complaint including photo evidence etc,... found the customer service absoloutley terrible and almost non exsistent! Anyway as the days went by realised the sofa was sagging badly so just requested it be returned and canceled, sofology assured me it was as meant to be and could get repairs carried out etc as non returnable, so i just bombarded them with constant emails and pictures demanding the take it back and i raised a s75 with the finance company, .. they sent a technician and i refused any repair and did not sign to say i accept the repair, after 4 weeks they have finally agreed to collect the sofa and refund the deposit etc after i sent about a thousand emails stating i would report to trading standards, furniture ombudsman etc! I think its because i demanded the return within the first 14 days that they had to comply
  • Curlyd
    Curlyd Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Hi j1085

Could you explain what the S75 is you refer to. Is this some way of complaining to the finance company?

Thanks
  • Jessy07
    Jessy07 Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi our sofa is sinking when you sit on it. Just wondering did you buy the cover from them?
  • Curlyd
    Options
    Taking them to Ombudsman for what it!!!8217;s worth. Has visit from technician who agreed it was bd but that is what the filling will do as it is not fit for purpose to give the effect that they sell the sofa on due to the materials inside. Said that Sofology salesmen should explain that this is what will happen. What can you expect when Sofology are paying the £50 for the visit. As expected Sofology dismissed the claim. Ombudsman here we come!!
  • lesjoan01
    lesjoan01 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I know this is potentially a long shot but here goes. I purchased my sofa from Sofology (was SofaWorks) and it was delivered in April 2015. I have noticed that the left hand side of the sofa is sagging and on inspection the wooden slat is broken. There are only two adults in my house and there has been no 'sofa abuse' i.e. people jumping on it or sitting down with force. I contacted Sofology and they said I am covered by the 5 year structural guarantee - great. I then received an email stating that a Service Manager would come out to inspect the damaged sofa at a cost of £69. Now I know the sofa is over 3 years old (still looks brand new) and I know in the grand scheme of things £69 is not a massive fortune but surely if I am covered by a structural guarantee I should not have to pay for someone to come out and look at it!! - or am I completely wrong here?

Any help of advice would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Lesley
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lesjoan01 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I know this is potentially a long shot but here goes. I purchased my sofa from Sofology (was SofaWorks) and it was delivered in April 2015. I have noticed that the left hand side of the sofa is sagging and on inspection the wooden slat is broken. There are only two adults in my house and there has been no 'sofa abuse' i.e. people jumping on it or sitting down with force. I contacted Sofology and they said I am covered by the 5 year structural guarantee - great. I then received an email stating that a Service Manager would come out to inspect the damaged sofa at a cost of £69. Now I know the sofa is over 3 years old (still looks brand new) and I know in the grand scheme of things £69 is not a massive fortune but surely if I am covered by a structural guarantee I should not have to pay for someone to come out and look at it!! - or am I completely wrong here?

Any help of advice would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Lesley

If you are claiming on their guarantee, then you need to abide with the terms and conditions of that guarantee.
  • lesjoan01
    Options
    I have checked the Sofology Customer Charter and Terms and it under the Structural Damage section there is no mention of having to pay a charge for inspection. I have checked the rest of the Terms and cannot find anything related to a charge out fee for inspection. It mentions about a technician will visit and repair (I guess this would be after the Service Manager has been) - but again there is still no mention of a charge.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lesjoan01 wrote: »
    I have checked the Sofology Customer Charter and Terms and it under the Structural Damage section there is no mention of having to pay a charge for inspection. I have checked the rest of the Terms and cannot find anything related to a charge out fee for inspection. It mentions about a technician will visit and repair (I guess this would be after the Service Manager has been) - but again there is still no mention of a charge.

If those are the T&C then you need to go back to them and query the charge.
  • lesjoan01
    Options
    Thanks for confirming what I was thinking.

I will go back to them

Thank you for your help

Lesley
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family