Options

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :rotfl: sounds like my DH:rotfl:
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    DS3 just texted me and said "Do we go to airport now". I replied " No, go to station near BIL's house"! Have they even read the travel notes DH spent hours compiling? :mad:

Oh dear!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    :rotfl:

You should be here with me at the moment in Scotland. No mobile signal here at DD's! We've got WiFi though so can email!

Our hamlet is in a black hole as far as mobile reception goes:mad:. I have to go to the bottom of a very long garden to make and receive calls on my basic phone as it doesn't have internet connectivity:(. Thank goodness we've got a landline that is pretty reliable. I do have a smartphone now that my niece gave me as thanks for doing some decorating of her new home. It's brand new and was one she won in a competition, a real top of the range model too. So far I haven't got it up and running and to be honest I have very little use for one:o.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    DS3 just texted me and said "Do we go to airport now". I replied " No, go to station near BIL's house"! Have they even read the travel notes DH spent hours compiling? :mad:

Sounds like it's a very good thing that they've got a very kind uncle to make sure they catch their flight:T. They'll be fine once they get to Iceland. After all your DS2 coped with plane transfers, stopovers and all sorts when he was in USA so this latest holiday should be plain sailing:j
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Our hamlet is in a black hole as far as mobile reception goes:mad:. I have to go to the bottom of a very long garden to make and receive calls on my basic phone as it doesn't have internet connectivity:(. Thank goodness we've got a landline that is pretty reliable. I do have a smartphone now that my niece gave me as thanks for doing some decorating of her new home. It's brand new and was one she won in a competition, a real top of the range model too. So far I haven't got it up and running and to be honest I have very little use for one:o.

They do have a landline here that they remembered to tell me about eventually carboot and which they will obviously keep. However they don't even have a landline at home - I think they perceive landlines as some strange relic of bygone days!:rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • 117pauline
    117pauline Posts: 743 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have spent a number of hours preparing things for my Ex to go on holiday tomorrow. He gets himself into a panic then he can't think. So I have even written him a list of what he needs, when etc.

It has been rather difficult as he is taking his mum to the place where we went last July. It's to prepare her for the trip to America next year.

However I am finally feeling better about things in general so although I felt a bit tearful, it was OK in the end.

But I will be going to Spain two weeks tomorrow, all on my own so no doubt I will be even more deranged. But I will do it.

I am glad you have finally been paid. Something less to worry about.

Enjoy your NT saunder tomorrow, take care honey
    Pauline
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options

You may find it more useful than you realise Carboot if you get it up and running.
    They do have a landline here that they remembered to tell me about eventually carboot and which they will obviously keep. However they don't even have a landline at home - I think they perceive landlines as some strange relic of bygone days!:rotfl:

I must admit that if we didn't work from home I would cancel the landline. We use our mobiles for personal calls and the standing charge for the privilege of having the landline (regardless of whether it's used) seems extortionate to me :mad:. But we're lucky enough to have an excellent mobile signal :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    HairyHandofDartmoor Posts: 13,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 May 2018 at 9:14AM
    Options
    Sounds like it's a very good thing that they've got a very kind uncle to make sure they catch their flight:T. They'll be fine once they get to Iceland. After all your DS2 coped with plane transfers, stopovers and all sorts when he was in USA so this latest holiday should be plain sailing:j

To be fair DS3 knew they were flying today but he wasn't sure where BIL was meeting them, although it was all in the travel notes :rotfl:. Yes DS2 coped superbly in New Orleans :).
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    117pauline wrote: »
    I have spent a number of hours preparing things for my Ex to go on holiday tomorrow. He gets himself into a panic then he can't think. So I have even written him a list of what he needs, when etc.

It has been rather difficult as he is taking his mum to the place where we went last July. It's to prepare her for the trip to America next year.

However I am finally feeling better about things in general so although I felt a bit tearful, it was OK in the end.

But I will be going to Spain two weeks tomorrow, all on my own so no doubt I will be even more deranged. But I will do it.

I am glad you have finally been paid. Something less to worry about.

Enjoy your NT saunder tomorrow, take care honey
    Pauline

It's very nice of you to do tbat for you ex Pauline, I hope he's grateful.

I'm glad you're feeling better Pauline and going to Spain will be a good break for you and give you a fresh perspective :).
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a good day :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback