Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• cm7
    cm7 Posts: 298 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    digital wrote: »
    'Faster paying' to me means that I will be paid faster with that merchant than I would be with the majority. It does not mean 'faster once we have made you wait 21 weeks'.

I do have to say that TCB are fast losing the plot when it comes to clarity. And that includes showing 'best rated' rather than 'latest' as the default in review listings.

Everything on every merchant page is designed to get you to click through. None of it is for information purposes, I've found it's easier to assume it's all lies.
  • fezster
    fezster Posts: 485 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

@fezster – I have just double checked with the Claims Team and can confirm this is the normal process for this merchant and nothing to worry about at all. The main reasons for cashback being declined would be us not being deemed as the last referrer. Unfortunately, we can't foresee if your claim will be successful or declined but I do really hope we can get you the cashback through your claims.
    Best wishes,
    Matt

Hi Matt.

Following up on this, the booking end date has now passed. One of my claims has been submitted to the merchant, but the other is still in "Ready to submit" state (despite me sending a message and doing a nudge) - could you confirm when this will also be submitted?

Also, how long do Expedia usually take to come back on these?

Thanks.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good afternoon!

@digital, this will still be faster then some merchants but we do have to allow any validation periods to pass, depending on what has been purchased this can take a few months but as soon as your transaction is then confirmed, this should then move to payable within 14 days of confirming.

@Fezster, could you let me know your email address and the merchant so that I can take a better look and provide you with an update? You will be able to send this to me at mse@topcashback.co.uk.

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your day!

Best wishes,
    Samantha
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    latest ruse by TCB, after trying to send a message about on ongoing claim with Toys R Us that goes back to November 2015 (yes really) I get a pathetic picture of a dog and this message:
    Whoopsie Daisy!
    Something seems to have gone wrong...
    Don't panic, we have detected a problem

We’ll keep our eyes and ears open to try and find out what’s happened, but in the meantime, why not head back to our homepage or get back on track with one of the links below:
    If this error persists, then please feel free to contact us with this error code:1195172047
    You bet something has gone wrong. The whole TCB system is a bag of !!!!!.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • thor
    thor Posts: 5,483 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I hope that you all enjoyed the long weekend!

@thor - Sometimes when contacting the merchant directly, the department that you speak with may not always be aware of what cashback is and how this works so you may not always get a helpful response in relation to your query. Have you been in touch with Matt via email regarding your transaction at all? If you would like me to have a look into this claim further for you then please send me an email to [EMAIL="mse@topcashback.co.uk"]mse@topcashback.co.uk[/EMAIL] and I would be happy to see if there is anything more that can be done here to assist.

Best wishes,
    Samantha
    Ok Samantha, I have fired off an email with the hope that you can resolve this issue for me so that I can report back to Mse that my near 2 year problem has been dealt with.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Happy Friday!

@JPears - I am sorry to hear you are having issues. Please email mse@topcashback.co.uk with information about whether you are trying to lodge a claim or query its progress.

@thor - Cheers for that, we'll reply to that as soon as we can.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • washable
    washable Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi I am waiting for payment for a purchase for insurance from Nationwide.Date purchased was 24th October 6 months was the time frame and it is still sitting as pending.
    Can you help
    Thanks
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,866 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Has the grocery app been officially deemed awful and scrapped ?
  • Shackeng
    Shackeng Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    B_M wrote: »
    100% correct.
    But first, you have to make a complaint (must be stipulated as a complaint) direct to the Co-op Bank and allow them to investigate. They will have 8 weeks to reach a decision, either uphold or dismiss your complaint. If dismissed, The Financial Ombudsman will take on your case, but it rarely gets that far.

Complaint could be - non-payment of promoted cashback from your agent (TCB) for taking out a financial product (ie mis-selling).
    They may tell you your complaint is with TCB, but that would be false. Topcashback are only classed as an 'Appointed Representative' (AR) and the Co-op Bank is classed as the 'principal'. The FCA state all complaints regarding their AR's should be made direct to the 'principal' as they are totally responsible for their AR's. Take no garbage, those are the facts.
    Also, go for compensation. I'd go for £100 minimum. Even if they uphold your complaint and agree your cashback, they may decline your compensation request, or offer less. You can still accept the cashback and continue with the FOS (Co-op will advise you of this) and let an adjudicator decide on the compensation. Compensation levels of £150 have been achieved with TCB / Co-op Bank promotions that have gone wrong.

Good luck, but for the future, never allow a financial cashback to go longer than 4 months. Complain then and all should be resolved within 8 weeks (but usually a couple of weeks).

This may help - https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_firmdetailsPage?id=001b000000MgCI0AAN

Thanks to the advice here, regarding lack of payment of cashback from Co-op insurance after 15 months from TCB, I raised a complaint with the Co-Op direct, and full marks to them, I have now been sent a cheque for £138, which is the cashback amount £63, plus £75 compensation, with the option to complain to the Ombudsman. After 15 months is this reasonable, it would seem fair to me?:undecided
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Shackeng wrote: »
    Thanks to the advice here, regarding lack of payment of cashback from Co-op insurance after 15 months from TCB, I raised a complaint with the Co-Op direct, and full marks to them, I have now been sent a cheque for £138, which is the cashback amount £63, plus £75 compensation, with the option to complain to the Ombudsman. After 15 months is this reasonable, it would seem fair to me?:undecided

Well done and in a reasonable time.
    It's a proven route now, yet TCB may state you were 'lucky'!
    Who offered the £75? Or, was that just given?
    It's up to you really to decide, but you could push for more and without it affecting what you have received. You could ask for more against their agent (AR), which is TCB. 15 months is a very long time for what could simply be resolved within a few weeks. TCB could have advised you of the route to take and they didn't! An angle for more compensation?
    I use a two pronged attack now, one mis-selling and another against their AR. TCB advise not to contact the merchant (wrong advice), their stats are manipulated, they don't have a recognised complaints procedure and refuse to escalate complaints. When I ask for compensation now, I ask for it against their AR and advise them as a 'principal', they are responsible for the actions (or lack of) of their agents. It's up to them whether the attitude of their agents is acceptable.
    Good luck whatever you decide, but at least you now know of a proven route. Hopefully others will take notice and if not paid cashback for financial product purchases within 4 months, follow that proven path.
    Cashback just a possibility? Then why are the merchants coughing up when they receive complaints? Why are they paying compensation?
    I'll be doing just that with Aviva in a couple of more weeks I'd imagine.
    See if I get 'lucky' yet again. ;)
    A shame TCB can't be as 'lucky'.
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback