Tesco Clubcard fraud - online vouchers stolen

Options

Comments

• hjd
    hjd Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    CaT wrote: »
    On the subject of Tesco can anyone give me some advice on my rights regarding purchase of spectacles. I told the receptionist I would like a pair of spectacles the same as the reading one's I already have to enable me to have a spare pair should I lose a pair. (Already done that) I had my eyes tested and was told I needed slightly stronger, I paid in full and when they contacted me picked up my new pair. The person I saw told me to try them to see if he needed to adjust them in any way, they were a good fit but they were blurred. He told me to bring the reading board closer and then I could read clearer, so being stupid and not thinking straight I accepted the glasses and went home. Once home I decided to try them out on my computer, It was too blurred for me to read from the distance I sit from my computer. I went in store and told them the problem they said I would need to make an appointment to see the optician which I did. When I got there she was very matter of fact that she remembered telling me I would not be able to use them for the computer and that she had documented the fact. I said " now hold on" who would buy a spare pair of spectacles if they could not use them in all situations. I went and complained to the store manager who went and spoke with them and came back with the same story but said they were willing to change the lenses and only charge me £30. I paid £60 in the first place and they wanted another £30 to make them useable. I told the manager that I was on a disability pension and could not afford another £30, he said he was sorry but he felt that was a fair offer. Is there anything I can do about this??
    This is in the wrong thread; best to start a new one.
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    Options
    I have also had my Tesco clubcard account hacked and all my vouchers (£176.50) have been printed off and spent in stores that I have never visited myself. I have contacted clubcard to advise them of the situation. Will know something on Wednesday or Thursday this next week. Also called into my local store to tell them to be aware of what is happening. They where not aware this as ever happened or so they say . I also said they should ask for ID when people have printed the vouchers off at home, to which I was told the clubcard is the ID. I am not aware that I have lost my clubcard. So tell everyone to keep an eye on their clubcard account. They have even spent February's points not even received the letter with the points in yet. Ironic isn't it.

I while back I tried to use some vouchers that I had printed at home, but as I didn't have my card and they were not in my name they refused them (it was one of the shops where stolen ones were cashed in). I insisted and even spoke to the supervisor, so I know they were strict about that.
    I bet they had false cards, it's too much money and too well organised to just turn up and hope they are accepted, with the risk of arising suspicions, in my opinion.
    It may well be organized crime, not just a few individuals, using either a phishing scam or an insider.
  • hjd
    Options
    Tesco are continuing to say that, as the vouchers were used with a clubcard, I must have spent them. The particular unused clubcard is in my possession, together with keyfobs, still attached to the letter they sent me in 2008.
    I have asked for a call from their fraud department tomorrow; if no joy then I shall have to escalate this.
    Would be happy to PM anyone else who has been affected. The more the merrier.
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hjd wrote: »
    This is in the wrong thread; best to start a new one.

In fairness the man/lady is seeing a blurred pc screen so landing on this page was some achievement
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    Options
    CaT wrote: »
    On the subject of Tesco can anyone give me some advice on my rights regarding purchase of spectacles. I told the receptionist I would like a pair of spectacles the same as the reading one's I already have to enable me to have a spare pair should I lose a pair. (Already done that) I had my eyes tested and was told I needed slightly stronger, I paid in full and when they contacted me picked up my new pair. The person I saw told me to try them to see if he needed to adjust them in any way, they were a good fit but they were blurred. He told me to bring the reading board closer and then I could read clearer, so being stupid and not thinking straight I accepted the glasses and went home. Once home I decided to try them out on my computer, It was too blurred for me to read from the distance I sit from my computer. I went in store and told them the problem they said I would need to make an appointment to see the optician which I did. When I got there she was very matter of fact that she remembered telling me I would not be able to use them for the computer and that she had documented the fact. I said " now hold on" who would buy a spare pair of spectacles if they could not use them in all situations. I went and complained to the store manager who went and spoke with them and came back with the same story but said they were willing to change the lenses and only charge me £30. I paid £60 in the first place and they wanted another £30 to make them useable. I told the manager that I was on a disability pension and could not afford another £30, he said he was sorry but he felt that was a fair offer. Is there anything I can do about this??

Hi Cat
    sorry to hear you had problems with your glasses. First of all welcome to MSE :)
    Please ignore those who think that making fun of a new poster will make them look clever.
    On MSE when you have a question that is not directly relevant to a specific thread, you need to start a new one, or it gets confusing if people start answering different questions.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    edited 18 February 2013 at 10:13AM
    Options
    Oh heck, tried to log into my clubcard account and cant log in

Rang CC and the woman sounded like she couldnt give a toss, got through to a manager and my email has been changed 2 days ago but vouchers havent been spend,

I have to email them to get the email addresss changed back so i can log in

She wouldnt put a block on the vouchers , and just said well they havent been spent so you will be ok, and reading this thread it reminded me they can print them off :(

I havent had any phising emails and even if i did i never click them just delete them

EDIT: Ok so they told me the email address used, which is the same ending just changed the first part, eg deanos@jimbob.co.uk to james@jimbob.co.uk , as i own the jimbob part i created the email address james@jimbob and was able to get a password reset link sent, loged in to the account and £158 worth of vouchers have vanished :(

EDIT2: Spoke to CC they have been used on 28th January instore but they cant tell me where :(
  • hjd
    Options
    deanos wrote: »
    Oh heck, tried to log into my clubcard account and cant log in

Rang CC and the woman sounded like she couldnt give a toss, got through to a manager and my email has been changed 2 days ago but vouchers havent been spend,

I have to email them to get the email addresss changed back so i can log in

She wouldnt put a block on the vouchers , and just said well they havent been spent so you will be ok, and reading this thread it reminded me they can print them off :(

I havent had any phising emails and even if i did i never click them just delete them

EDIT: Ok so they told me the email address used, which is the same ending just changed the first part, eg deanos@jimbob.co.uk to james@jimbob.co.uk , as i own the jimbob part i created the email address james@jimbob and was able to get a password reset link sent, loged in to the account and £158 worth of vouchers have vanished :(

EDIT2: Spoke to CC they have been used on 28th January instore but they cant tell me where :(
    Can you not see where they have been spent when you log into My Account/My Vouchers and scroll down?
    My account has not been hacked like that. I never get any emails from Tesco either.
  • deanos
    Options
    Nope , all that is showing is the lastest vouchers sent £14 worth, it says £158 has been spent but no details on where, i have them here in from of me, the chap just said they were used instore but does not know where, he did mention that a CC was not used, they are calling me back apparently
  • terra_ferma
    Options
    deanos wrote: »
    EDIT: Ok so they told me the email address used, which is the same ending just changed the first part, eg [EMAIL="deanos@jimbob.co.uk"]deanos@jimbob.co.uk[/EMAIL] to [EMAIL="james@jimbob.co.uk"]james@jimbob.co.uk[/EMAIL] , as i own the jimbob part i created the email address james@jimbob and was able to get a password reset link sent, loged in to the account and £158 worth of vouchers have vanished :(

This makes me think that they are not actually hacking through phishing because they would not be able to access the email to reset the password to one they can use. It would have to be someone who can access the account to change the password without actually using the email address.
    An inside job? or Tesco have been hacked (as in properly hacked, someone accessing their systems) and they don't want to admit it (or they don't know yet, but they would have to be really really stupid)?

This should really go to the papers IMO because Tesco are not acting responsibly. Refusing to block the vouchers and to acknowledge there is a problem is really not on.
  • deanos
    edited 18 February 2013 at 11:10AM
    Options
    I really think they should disable the printing option on CC as thats the problem , if vouchers are lost/damaged they should be cancelled and sent in the next statement through the post

EDIT: Ok right silly me didnt scroll down, all used 28/1/13 and showing on the account does not state where tho that part is blank
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure