".......Learning to dance in the rain!!"

Options

Comments

• mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Fridge gravel soup cooking as we speak, some YS tikka chicken breasts cooking in the oven for posh wraps to eat with the soup. Superman will have mash spuds as always :cool:

I have had a look at the deals Tesco offer and possibly we will have pizza express vouchers or save them and spend at face value when we go baby shopping. I like to use the deals as I feel like we get more for our "money" which is irronic really as they are all free regardless :rotfl: I did see the cinema offer but our local Odeon is rather dismal, I did see however nectar offer Vue tickets so maybe that is an option.

I checked my boots account and I have £4.19 to spend that I had forgotten about :D strange as the children have grown up I've forgotten about boots points! used to get loads of their bits.

I braved the shower and got dressing..... in to clean pjs :o Slummy mummy today and I love it!!

How are you Lucky? Boys behaving?

How's the knitting coming on Maddiemay?

Mrs H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I love PJ days, but Mr MM who is a bit old school, and a bit older than me always looks rather disapproving - tough!

I got in a bit of a mess with my K1,P1 rib knitting in a circle, but I have cobbled it and it will have to do, I simply cannot face undoing it and starting again:o
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • mary_hinge
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    I love PJ days, but Mr MM who is a bit old school, and a bit older than me always looks rather disapproving - tough!

I got in a bit of a mess with my K1,P1 rib knitting in a circle, but I have cobbled it and it will have to do, I simply cannot face undoing it and starting again:o

Did you get it twisted?

I have knitted the back, both fronts and one sleeve of my newborn hooded cable cardi..... lots of moss stitch :eek: looks beautiful if i do say so myself!
  • maddiemay
    Options
    Sounds lovely, moss stitch looks so lovely, have you said what colour?

No twist, but at the join seem to have got a few rib stitches in the wrong stitch IYSWIM, must have mis-counted the cast on, but with dodgy hands I found the cast on and join really difficult, the ribbing itself is not causing any pain when done in small amounts:D:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • mary_hinge
    Options
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Sounds lovely, moss stitch looks so lovely, have you said what colour?

No twist, but at the join seem to have got a few rib stitches in the wrong stitch IYSWIM, must have mis-counted the cast on, but with dodgy hands I found the cast on and join really difficult, the ribbing itself is not causing any pain when done in small amounts:D:D

It's a traditional beige/cream aran colour, going to have faux leather buttons I think! I have 1 sleeve and the buttonbands/neck/hood left to do but my wrists are complaining after a day of knitting yesterday.

I've had a look in the stash for suitable wool for more knits but it all seems pink or blue with very little neuteral so may have to break my ban and buy some :cool: or just knit it up anyway and donate which ever colour isn't needed!

Done a big food shop today ready for Mr H and the little Hinge's to survive the weekend with out me, I bought some camping bits too and a few birthday presents but between Mr S, Mr T and Mr A i spent £154 :( Petrol on top and I promised money for a Mc D's whilst I'm of partying in a field with the girls.
  • mary_hinge
    Options
    Well I survived the girlie weekend camping in a field :eek: I spent £30 in total which was below the £50 I had budgeted for, I spent the £20 left over on some camping luxuries to make out upcoming camping trip more bareable :o

Expensive day today, bought new school bags and water bottles for the boys and some photo frames/light bulbs/duvets house-y bits! I did find the big bottles of shower gel Mr H uses on offer at £1 each instead of £2.69 :money: bought 3 :D Made use of some vouchers for farmfoods and socked up on cat food and washing powder whilst they were on multiby special offer too, I worked out I saved £18.93 plus the £5 of voucher :) 14kg of washing powder will do us many more then the 200washes it says on the box! I would say 450 washes easily! :T

I have still to buy schol uniform wise...

Trousers for Missy H, Superman and Master H,
    Jumpers for Superman and master H,
    Shoes, trainers and slippers for Superman and master H,
    Pe kit for Superman and master H,

:eek: have the money set to one side but the way they grow I need to leave the shoes and trousers another week or so.... that said school starts back in 15 days :( The summer has flown by and I feel we have yet to really enjoy it with all the damp miserable rain. Hoping for some sun shine for the next 2 weeks so we can get out and about and make some memories!
  • mary_hinge
    Options
    Camping trip with the little H's and friends went well, they really had a blast. Activities were mainly free thanks to the groupon vouchers and the sunshine meaning lots of swimming and playing on the park. Came in £19 under budget then blew £22 on a take away for tea lastnight as I couldn't face cooking :cool:

Been to the early pregnancy assessment unit this morning for an emergency scan after 5days of bleeding :( have to go back next week for a re-scan but it is looking likely the pregnancy stopped developing a few weeks ago:cry:. Trying so hard to keep going as normal - it is the summer holidays after all and nothing stops for long in the house of hinge.

Retail therapy this afternoon - Ordered the last of the school uniforms and pe kits/plimsoles today, paid delivery on most (Asda) but have a click and collect order for M & S for jumpers. Just school shoes and trainers to go. Oh and new glasses. Eye tests booked for us all for next week. Spare part ordered for the actifry to get that back in to action..... will save ££ on oven chips so the groccery budget will be pleased :o

Booked Missy H's tablet in for repair, should be covered under warranty as only bought it for Xmas and it seems to be a common faulty with this particular brand.

Washer on for the 4th time today- most has dried on the line, dish washer on, no idea whats for tea maybe pizza from the freezer, have some bases for missy H and some soya cheese. Must be nearly bedtime?! :(

Mrs H
  • maddiemay
    Options
    So pleased that the camping trip went so well, but sad to read your other news, not sure if you are one for virtual hugs, so feel free to reject them if not.
    Take care.
    MM xxx
  • mary_hinge
    Options
    Thank you Maddie, I feel rather delicate at the moment and trying not to show the little Hinge's my tears.

Hugs always welcome

Mrs H x
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    So sorry to hear your news. I've been through it a few times so I understand how you feel. Much love Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family