".......Learning to dance in the rain!!"

Options

Comments

• please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    I've got everything crossed for you for tomorrow. Hope all goes well.

Glad Master H had a good birthday. Sounds like you've been busy which is hopefully a good thing for you. Take care of yourself too though Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • mary_hinge
    Options
    I am beginning to feel abit more human again now, Have had my hair cut, had my eyes tested (only 4 years since i last went :o) and have an appointment to trail some contact lenses.

I lost 3.5lbs at fat club this week so head well and truely back in the game. Heres to a healthier me!

Money wise, the spends diary clearly shows we are over spending on our weekly food/petrol/activity budget buy alot.... petrol for school runs has gone up by 50%, need to have a rejiggle really. I have taken a monthly budget approach to food and thats helping - i bulk bought all the essentials this month... loo roll, dw tabs, washing power, cat food.... so the next 2 weeks shopping bills should be much lower.

Holiday booked for the summer using a voucher from the FF which leaves a £190 to pay, I have set up a monthly payment to clear that.

Plans for october half term look good so far, we have Tesco vouchers for a day out, and a family treaure trail at a lovely canlside/locks that a friend bought for the master H's birthday, Missy H is going to scout camp for 3 days too. We need a cheap one :o

How is everyone?

Mrs H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss :T.

Can't believe you have plans for half term already!

Lots of hugs, hope you are ok Xx
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss :T.

Can't believe you have plans for half term already!

Lots of hugs, hope you are ok Xx

Unfortunately Superman needs a visual time table of "what's coming up" that he counts down to so we are required to be organised for school holidays super early :( reminds me I am no longer a "fly by the seat of my pants" kinda girl :cool:

I see from your Diary you are restarting your SW journey, I restarted when I went back a few weeks ago but feel alittle sad to lose my history as I have lost over 4st 7lbs in total not the 8lbs in my new book! Hoping you find this week easier to stay focus and you get the results that you want.

I'm doing ok thank you, tired (aren't I always?!:rotfl:) but more so than usual at the moment.

Hows the sore feet?

Gentle hugs

xx
  • mary_hinge
    Options
    Busy day today, superman and master H have hobbies on a saturday morning so no lie ins :( - well lazy mornings as Superman couldn't lie in even if he wanted too :rotfl:

plus side meant I was in Aldi for 9am, beat the rush and topped up the fresh fruit/veggies/milk and pack up bits for the coming week. Spent £25. we will need bread in the week but other than that it's just petrol needed this week. :o

Today I have baked, been a while since I pretended to be a domestic goddess :D Missy H has twinks biscuits (DF/GF adapted obviously!) brownies and a banana/sultarna loaf, the boys have chocolate cookies and chocolate fudge cake to keep them going this week. I have hard boiled some eggs for snacks/sarnies to help stretch the ham and cheese. I have sw bbq pulled pork in the oven on a low heat for tea, will save half for another night this week and eeeeeeeek it out with hm coleslaw, corn on the cob and wedges. The freezer has plenty of meals in to get through this week if I can be organised enough to plan ahead and defrost as an when needed.

I'm sure of the top of my head we can have:

chicken tikka (frozen left overs :D) with rice/bombay potatoes
    noodles/egg fried rice/mayflower curry sauce/prawn crackers
    spag bol(frozen left overs)/garlic bread
    chinese pork steaks (....Ys that are frozen) with wedges and salad
    cottage pie
    Minted Lamb roast (Left overs that are currently defrosting for tomorrow!:T)
    Pepsi chicken... (yup frozen left overs too!) maybe rice or jacket spud
    cod fillet/breaded chicken/fish fingers.fruit/veggies/smiley faces/hash browns..... plenty in there!

Mrs H..... hoarded of frozen food :o
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hope you've had a good week and are doing ok Xx
  • mary_hinge
    Options
    Thanks Lucky, I'm doing ok thank you. My retest friday came up negative so a line can be drawn under it all now, physically at least.

Busy week here, 3.5lbs off at fat club :j and eating from the freezer/stores is going ok. Mr H is sulking alittle but I'm sure he will get over it or go hungry! :o I did top up by a few bits, spending £18 at aldi on friday, £2 tesco and £3.05 today at asda

Chocolate cake and flap jack made today for sweet treats, crisps will need rationing this week in order to do the pack ups but I'm sure they will cope! I have boiled some eggs to help with sarnies..... they went down well last week so even though we have ham I will slip them in a few times this week. I have some popcorn chicken boxes from aldi in the freezer ready to cook for wraps/eat cold later in the week when the bread runs out :cool:

Petrol is looking iffy - fingers crossed it last until wednesday afternoon pick up, no unnessary trips but have missy H's school runs and swim lessons to get to.

I have cut the activity costs alittle - missy H will have music lessons at school instead of home saving £264 a year, superman has moved from 1:1 swim lessons to a group which saves £484 a year. Master H's gymnastics has increased by £66 a year but we can live with that......

Mr H's Mot booked for this week, fingers crossed it passes with flying colours, well just passes will do :rotfl:

Ironing done, pack ups made, pe kits/reading/homework sorted must be nearly bath and bed time :o
  • mary_hinge
    Options
    :j hello!

It's that time of the month where I sit down and look at our budget for the coming month, Pay the non-d/d bills/invoices/activities and make a plan for the groccery budget spends for the month a head.

October looks ok, Mr H's car passed it's MOT with only the mot fee £40 to pay :beer: we have agreed on a "make do" attitude this week to empty out the cupboards and freezer. It really needs defrosting and I need to order a replacement panel for the top drawer.... it sliced Mr H's thumb rather badly :o . The freezer is rather low so it wont take much! £76 in Tesco, £5.58 in co-op today for things that wouldn't wait the likes of toilertries, house hold ggods, a few fresh foodie bits, birthday cards x 2 and a lego set for a party Master H had been invited too..... I never usually pay £12 for a school party but time was low and I hadn't anything suitable in my present cupboard. :eek:

Tuesday I have a bulk order shop coming for the main month items and a list ready to collect what I need from Aldi. I have plans to batch cook to refill the freezer with home made meals that are slimmingworld friendly. The farm foods offers end soon and I need to take advantage of the cat food/frozen fruit offers.

I'm aiming to pay £300 of Mr H's credit card this month with the savings :eek: aim for the moon and all that!!

How is everyone else doing?
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    And how are YOU doing?!?!

All the rest sounds good Xx
  • mary_hinge
    Options
    And how are YOU doing?!?!

All the rest sounds good Xx

I'm keeping calm and carrying on ;) not alot else we can do hey!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family