NST - Achievable August

Options

Comments

• laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tropically I am sorry you are having a rubbish day - I know it is not the same but here have a big hub from me :grouphug:

Indigo congrats on the new flat, how lovely! & good luck tackling your debts. I spent a couple of years paying ours off and starting t tackle them was the hardest bit. Go easy on yourself :o & give youself a huge pat on the back for sorting it out
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi eyeryone.

Rubbish start to the month I spent money, having a few tummy troubles so ended up having to buy something to settle it and then went to health food shop to try different approach. Result £18 lighter will count this in my food budget.
    Also went out to cinema with grandson and dd. £11 parted with. was a last minute decision so my budgets stand at.

SFD 0/19 aiming high
    Food £20/£100 will use vouchers up first if I can.
    Fuel 0/£40
    Going out £11/£50
    Zoo membership 0/£45
    DD nothing I can cut down on.

Birthday/ early xmas 0/ £100

May have xmas this month as youngest daughter is off travelling in September to California (wedding) and then to Everest base camp October judging by last time will be another 18months before she is back home. Dont really want to put up a xmas tree twice so just cook a turkey dinner and dress table up nice.

Hugs to everyone needing one.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yesterday wasn't a NSD, I got a bogof Krispy Kreme voucher and decided why not! So £1.50 spent. Shopping was also delivered, came in well under budget as OH is away on a stag this weekend so I only have to feed myself for a few days, result! :rotfl: As it was a spend day I also got some tablets I needed as I had a £5 Amazon voucher, and stocked up on rabbit food and treats (they have their own monthly budget lol). Made sure I spent over £20 to get the free postage.

Today is a NSD, however I've had a disaster with the car, the window got stuck and sounds like either the motor or regulator has died :( my garage can't look at it until Tuesday, but at least it's booked in and I've managed to pull the window up so it's as safe as it can be until then. Am really annoyed that I'll be spending on it as my little car has been so reliable in the 4 years I've had it, but I have an emergency fund and this is exactly what that money is for! Must stop beating myself up!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,805 as of 04/24
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon All,

Work on - I got complimented by the man upstairs this morning, He said I was looking really smart. I was only going to the doctors to collect a prescription. Might not seem like much but to me (The bag lady) it was a huge boost to my confidence.

Aim - Still on 1/15. Needed cotton wool and bought potatoes to bake tonight for dinner (with left over chicken casserole from freezer). Also got a couple of pieces of stilton reduced to 60p from £2.52 each. Will make some broccoli and stilton soup when I can find some cheap broccoli.

Update (Budgets) - Really couldn't face going through the pallaver of trying to talk to a real person at Virgin today.

Get (prepared for Xmas) - Keeping an eye out for bargains gifts.

Utilise (free activities in your area) - Does having a walk in the park count?

Share (money saving tips) - Can't think of anything else at the moment but I love the idea about the washing powder. I take it everyone washes on a quick, low degree wash and only irons what is necessary (please tell me no one irons towels!).

Treat (yourself) - Leaving the manicure until my nails grow a bit so they can be nicely shaped but not talon like.

Indigo - So nice to hear from you again. I was wondering how you were. I am so pleased you've got your own place now and I hope you get on well with your debt reduction plan. One day at a time. Take care. xxxx

Tropically - I hope your day improved yesterday. xx
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the new challenge and giving me a number E_E.

We are back from our camping trip in the Peak District and are rather tired from all the walking but that is why we go.

Came in under budget for that trip, we are home a week then go away again for a week.

Have paid the car insurance for both cars this week, done a grocery shop today, ordered a part to try and fix my tumble drier rather than buy a new drier, done some washing and got it out on the line, will go for a quick run after tea I think. Will read the challenge properly tomorrow.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The flowers for August are the Gladioli and the Poppy which represents beauty, strength, love, marriage and family.
    I am going to work on strength and love – it is now 3 months since I told my husband I wanted a divorce and 2 months since he left, I need to find the strength to distance myself from him even though his mental health is bad, it is not my problem any more. I also need to stop saying yes when people ask me to do stuff – no is a full sentence!!! I also need to love myself more and need to start looking out for me for a change

Aim – 15 NSD’s it will be

Update (Budgets) – just redoing my budget now, things are tight as I now live on my own but at least I am not subsidising someone else!!!

Get (prepared for Xmas) – I only do token presents for family and then buy for DD and DS, they usually get a large present so need to decide what STBEXH and I will do at Xmas for presents.

Utilise (free activities in your area) – My children are older now and I know there are loads of activities for kids but I am going to try and find some free adult activities (not that kind!!!)

Share (money saving tips) – will do.

Treat (yourself) – I might go to Lush and get myself a bath bomb – I love them!!!
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A- Can't think of anything else at the moment but I love the idea about the washing powder. I take it everyone washes on a quick, low degree wash and only irons what is necessary (please tell me no one irons towels!).

Oh the great ironing debate Toni'sfriend - I havent ironed anything for so long the ironing board and iron have dust on, I keep thinking I should get rid of it but one day I might need to iron something!!!
  • Tropically
    Tropically Posts: 427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oh crazy_cat_lady, laurenh1, and Toni's friend, thank you so much for your support. The day has been much better, managed a NSD except for cat food which is a necessity and now I am sitting with a kitty waiting for my nice dinner to cook.
    Mortgage started at £318,000 in June 2016. Original MF - 2041 :eek:
    2nd Property Mortgage at £275,000. Mortgage free: 2049 :eek:
    Total OPs: £29529
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Fmess - it is rather warm here in Spain, even in the 'chilly corner' of Galicia. Today we went out at 6pm and it was 35 degrees, cooling to just 32 2 hours later!

Today I am grateful for having time with my family, for dd being creative, for a lovely old town to wander around, for a cool appartment to spend time in, for plenty of walking, for simple food, for swings just in front of the flats (dd loves them!), for spotting one of my friend's kids in their canoe when we went for a stroll along the river.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hugs to those in need of them.
    Going to pick strength. Need to look after my health(both mental and physical), look at my diet - do tend to comfort eat, and getting more exercise in my routine. Did plenty of walking about today.
    Aim -1/20. Was a spend day. Food shopping, 2 mindfulness colouring books, worksearch puzzle book, play programme, perfume and charity donations.
    Update (Budgets) -All of my DD's are fine. Have changed/deleted them over the years. Will concentrate on my budget for the month and spending.
    Get (prepared for Xmas) Have a separate account where I put money away each month for Christmas. Just do immediate family and give them cash.
    Utilise (free activities in your area) - I have looked as to what is going on for free in the borough where I live. There are a couple.
    Share (money saving tips)- When finished doing weekly food shop at MrA, do the price guarantee. You may have money off your next shop.
    Treat (yourself) I have something in mind what to get.
    Grateful for:
    Enjoying the play this afternoon up London.
    Achieving quite a lot this morning.
    Chilling out after I came home from London.
    Good connections on travelling today.
    For the man in bar at theatre for refilling my stainless steel bottle with water.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport