ClickMechanic Reviews

Options

Comments

• neil.woos
    neil.woos Posts: 138 Forumite
    Options
    ChumLee wrote: »
    No, you'd know you took the right oil in, unless you're now going to claim you actually stand over them and watch them actually put the oil into the car.

How did your friend find out they'd used the wrong oil, another one of your testing kits? No, it's just another DM lie.

Because he saw the sales invoice and it said 10w-40 semi synthetic. The garage was even adamant that is was the right oil and doesn't make a difference.

And, when I did go to a garage and provided the part, yes I physically saw them use my oil can.
  • ChumLee
    ChumLee Posts: 749 Forumite
    Options
    neil.woos wrote: »
    Because he saw the sales invoice and it said 10w-40 semi synthetic. The garage was even adamant that is was the right oil and doesn't make a difference.

And, when I did go to a garage and provided the part, yes I physically saw them use my oil can.

More bull, so he saw it at the garage, paid, and drove round for a week. :rotfl:
  • neil.woos
    neil.woos Posts: 138 Forumite
    Options
    I never said I went with him to the garage! I mean when I go to the garage for my car and provide parts I can see them using my parts! Chum Lee either say something useful or don't say anything at all
  • BeenThroughItAll
    Options
    I never said I went with him to the garage! I mean when I go to the garage for my car and provide parts I can see them using my parts! Chum Lee either say something useful or don't say anything at all

You said he saw the invoice though. He would have been given that at the garage, so that was the time to ask for an oil change, not after a week.

Try and keep up with your own stories, Darkmatter.
  • ChumLee
    Options

I never said toy you went with him did I?

Anyway Darkmatter why are you using a garage to do you oil changes. You bought your own syphon and tools to do it?

What's your phrase something like, I have regular oil changes and only use quality oil?

How's the Lexus is250 running?
  • ChumLee
    Options
    You said he saw the invoice though. He would have been given that at the garage, so that was the time to ask for an oil change, not after a week.

Try and keep up with your own stories, Darkmatter.

Correct. 👍
  • bob_a_builder
    Options
    I never said I went with him to the garage! I mean when I go to the garage for my car and provide parts I can see them using my parts! Chum Lee
    either say something useful or don't say anything at all
    The words Pot and kettle spring to mind !
  • rhodesd
    Options
    After numerous reading the reviews I booked a mechanic to repair my car expecting the repair to be carried out at my home. A transporter turned up to take it to a garage in Stockport to be repaired (20+ miles away). I asked when it would be finished as I needed the car in 3 days for work. The driver told me he was sub-contracted and didn't know. I finally got the contact number for the mechanic (Jack) and he told me it would be done the next day. The following day he said the parts had been ordered and it would be the day after. I rang later to be told there had been further delays with the parts. I told him I needed the car back for work and he said I would have to pay the £60 it had cost him to pick it up. Needing the car I agreed and got a lift to the garage. At the garage he had 'a couple of friends with him' who had blocked my car in and weren't about to move it until I had paid. It was an intimidating situation and at that point I just wanted the car back. No work had been done and I don't think he'd even looked at it. I contacted Click Mechanic twice by email and two months later still haven't had a reply. I phoned them and they said all the right words but did nothing. I would not use this company again...beware. I have now had the repairs done at a local garage cheaper than they quoted, pity I didn't find the garage before. Now contacting Fair Trade and Standards but not holding my breath
  • robotrobo
    Options
    Which Audi is it? Best thing is get the parts yourself and tell a good local independent to carry out the service and a full vehicle inspection.

Thats exactly what i do with our 2 cars !, the garage do a fantastic job , & i trust them 100%, they have never ripped me off !,& its a fantastic feeling knowing someone cares about my cars as i do. :)
  • SJithan
    Options
    I had a horrible experience with them. I booked them to have my brake pads replaced, however my wheels were too tight (from previous ownership) so the mechanic that came ended up breaking my locking wheel nut key. He didnt complete the job and told me he would charge about £20 for his time, however I later found out my card had been charged £33. I then bought a new locking wheel nut key and went to a local garage (the wheels were still too tight so there was no point getting a new key until I solved the tight wheels issue - I did not realise this was my fundamental issue at the time) The garage had enough knowledge and warned me that my locking wheel nut key could break as the wheels were on too tight so I told them not to do anything further and decided to get my tight wheels issue sorted first and saved myself breaking another locking wheel nut key. Clickmechanics mechanic did not warn me of this risk - in other words they were not as good as my local garage in terms of experience and knowledge. I raised this as a complaint to try and get my locking wheel nut key reimbursed because I would have stopped the mechanic from going further had he told me the key could break. Clickmechanic refused and gave no explanation. So I will never use them again EVER - I strongly feel I was mistreated in my case. Their customer service is horrible if you have a complaint. I lost about £70 and still didnt get my brakes done.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback