IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

RingGo PCN as I bought ticket for a previously registered car. Should I just pay?

Options
Can anyone help please.. I know there's loads of threads on here but I'm very confused. I parked at a hospital as I was working there, used the RingGo system, which was playing up on my phone but eventually got it working.....I've previously used it to buy a ticket in a different location. On return to my car later that day I discovered a PCN. Turns out I had paid for parking but for my old scrapped car, my phone automatically put in those details when I was muddling around trying to get the ticket and I didn't think to check... Also my old reg is quite similar to the last so probably wouldn't have noticed even if I had. I appealed in a panic as I thought (stupidly) they would 'understand' but the PCN has been upheld. I have now received a reply from serco enforcement through the post informing me that I still have to pay as I had confirmed the information was correct, and received a text stating so.... (I was in a rush and didn't even think to check the details) and it's my fault I entered inaccurate information. Do I have a leg to stand on or should I take the £45 hit? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    http://www.britishparking.co.uk/BPA-Approved-Operators

As Serco are in the BPA, you'll know from the NEWBIES FAQS thread about POPLA stage.

Have you blabbed about who was driving?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Faithp
    Faithp Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes I believe so, I didn't specifically say I was but both cars registered on their system were mine and I paid the parking on my card...... I thought that as I'd actually paid the parking fee it wouldn't really matter that I had accidently used the wrong reg.
  • Faithp
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Think it's best I just pay...... Thank you for your swift reply.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What??

Please can you send me your name and address as I would like to send you a speculative invoice for £100.

Tell you what... pay me before the end of the month and I'll give you a 75% discount.

A bargain not to be missed... a limited time offer to save yourself £75.

Use £45 of that to pay your parking charge and still be £30 in profit. :rotfl:
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Faithp wrote: »
    Think it's best I just pay.

THAT IS A LUDICROUS RESPONSE.

No-one does that here. It's only flippin' Serco who do parking tickets as an afterthought.

What's the matter with people these days that they pay scams? READ THE NEWBIES THREAD.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Faithp wrote: »
    Think it's best I just pay...... Thank you for your swift reply.

Have you not seen the templates to use? There's a thread that tells Newbies to read it first. It contains a step by step guide to beating tickets including templates.

People have won just by cutting and pasting. If you can cut and paste you can win.
  • Faithp
    First Anniversary
    Options
    OK so before I saw the latest posts I tried to pay for the fine online, an error message came up.... Tried a couple of other times and it's the same.... So even if I wanted to pay it, I wouldn't be able to. I don't have a landline and mobile doesn't have signal at home! It's a sign!
    Do I now go through the POPLA appeals, copy and paste one together using everything I can? I'm not sure I admitted I was the driver just that I paid, and was there, should I include that I was the keeper not driver? I'm sorry for all the stupid questions. I'll get an appeal together on Sunday and post it on here to be checked over if possible.
    Many thanks again for your time.
  • Hockey27
    Hockey27 Posts: 87 Forumite
    edited 19 May 2018 at 8:18AM
    Options
    First thing you need to do is stay calm and not rush things. Take the time to read all the information on these boards and from posters. You have sufficient windows (28 days) in which to appeal and consider your options so don't worry.

To answer your questions. the aim is to get it to POPLA stage, in order to do this you must first lodge an "appeal" with the PPC itself. I say "appeal", its copy and paste text from the newbies thread (Blue text) that they will ignore completely, send you a rejection letter which should include a POPLA code. If it does great, come back and you will be helped through the next stage, if not, instant win cause they have to send one!

So in short, don't panic, take your time, GO READ THE NEWBIES THREAD, read through other threads that are similar to yours, send off your appeal, then come back once you get a POPLA code.

I recently beat a ticket with the help of the team here, I was worried as I didn't have a huge amount of time to fight it, but once you get clued up you realise there are many avenues available to you not to pay these clowns
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    The OP is already at Popla stage!

Don't miss the popla deadline

Also be complaining vociferously to the hospital!!
  • Faithp
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you, yes I have a POPLA code, I stupidly appealed before coming on here.... I admitted purchasing the ticket and the two car regs being on my account, I didn't directly admit to being the driver.... Can I still use keeper in POPLA? Also the signage was clear so not sure I can use this but I paid for my spot, just on the wrong reg..... Can I use unfair charges as an argument? Yes going to contact hospital tomorrow... I called and they have nothing to do with the car park but am still going to send a letter tomorrow. Thank you for the advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure