Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • icecoolbabe
    • By icecoolbabe 16th Jan 20, 3:02 PM
    • 1,334Posts
    • 709Thanks
    icecoolbabe
    Anyone else having Plusnet billing issues?
    • 16th Jan 20, 3:02 PM
    Anyone else having Plusnet billing issues? 16th Jan 20 at 3:02 PM
    Or is it just me? I know MSE mentioned it last year but at the time I was not affected.

Since then I renewed my contract and paid one years line rental.

They began with overcharging me the first month - then refunding the bit overcharged after I contacted them.

Since then they have been taking the broadband payment from the line rental paid - instead of billing me and charging me separately for the broadband (which they normally would do).

Having rung them the numerous times they say their systems changed and some contracts (including mine) are stuck in 'pending' and are having to be manually sorted by what seems to be a small team. They wont say how many are affected but it seems to be ongoing.

May be worth you checking your broadband billing if this may affect you too.

Finally, they confirmed you will be able to leave without penalty if you so choose.
    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
Page 1
    • Marvel1
    • By Marvel1 16th Jan 20, 8:57 PM
    • 4,641 Posts
    • 5,270 Thanks
    Marvel1
    • 16th Jan 20, 8:57 PM
    • 16th Jan 20, 8:57 PM
    The only thing I noticed this month in my email today is my 18 month contract has ended and gone from £27 to £40

Quick search and looking at Post Office for the exact service for £20 a month and a £50 Amazon voucher looks like my new provider for the next 12 months, signing up now.
    • icecoolbabe
    • By icecoolbabe 16th Jan 20, 9:48 PM
    • 1,334 Posts
    • 709 Thanks
    icecoolbabe
    • 16th Jan 20, 9:48 PM
    • 16th Jan 20, 9:48 PM
    Iím looking at leaving as despite trying to sort out my billing no one at the first level customer service teams can do anything and I cannot seem to escalate it.

Thanks for the Post Office mention. I hadnít got round to seriously looking yet but I think I may have to.
    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
    • Marvel1
    • By Marvel1 16th Jan 20, 10:33 PM
    • 4,641 Posts
    • 5,270 Thanks
    Marvel1
    • 16th Jan 20, 10:33 PM
    • 16th Jan 20, 10:33 PM
    Iím looking at leaving as despite trying to sort out my billing no one at the first level customer service teams can do anything and I cannot seem to escalate it.

Thanks for the Post Office mention. I hadnít got round to seriously looking yet but I think I may have to.
    Originally posted by icecoolbabe
    I found the Post Office one on here doing a comparison check, don't click and sign up through this site though, you have to go on broadband genie to do it, search for the comparison and then sign up through them, the offer only applies to 38Mb speed. My calender is noted for the 110th day if I don't get an email with my the code and the email is added as safe.
    • Carrot007
    • By Carrot007 16th Jan 20, 10:38 PM
    • 2,906 Posts
    • 2,497 Thanks
    Carrot007
    • 16th Jan 20, 10:38 PM
    • 16th Jan 20, 10:38 PM
    Having rung them the numerous times

Use the online chat if you actually want to get anything done.

However expect it to go slow as they appear to talk to multiple customers at a time.

Phoning just gets a message passed on and ignored.

Like all companies these days.
    • bill888
    • By bill888 17th Jan 20, 3:54 AM
    • 160 Posts
    • 45 Thanks
    bill888
    • 17th Jan 20, 3:54 AM
    • 17th Jan 20, 3:54 AM

Since then they have been taking the broadband payment from the line rental paid - instead of billing me and charging me separately for the broadband (which they normally would do).
    fwiw, a friend and their parents renewed both their Plusnet contracts in November at same time in same phone call. Paid for Line Rental Saver. Unfortunately, one of the LRSaver renewals didn't go through properly, so the account was in credit by £197 at the start, and Plusnet have since been deducting standard line rental £18.99, plus cost of fibre broadband each month.

Line Rental Saver is worth £30 saving.

They advised they can't 'fix' the LRSaver issue on the account, so they have instead applied credits to the account instead.

Update: Two months (2x £18.99) of line rental has been credited to the account upon checking latest bill.
    Last edited by bill888; Yesterday at 10:32 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

121Posts Today

1,730Users online

Martin's Twitter