Options

Comments

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    MSE guide is here

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/make-money-surveys/

I would ignore surveys on Swagbucks as they can pay as little as 10p or less for every £1 some of the survey sites pay.
  • Bennettxoxo
    Bennettxoxo Posts: 137 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Qmee and Prolific are my favourite too.

I also use OnePoll, PollPass and One Pulse. They're slow earners but they're fairly consistent with questions popping up every few hours.
    Mortgage start: £121,500 Dec 19
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Not cash, but is anyone else having problem getting Avios from e-Rewards or Rewards For Thoughts? They used to credit promptly but are currently not going across. I've raised a ticket and e-Rewards have simply said it can take up to five weeks, and I have to wait.
  • nicolajenks030
    Options
    Hey guys, just started up a new email address and have joined a couple of survey sites. Anyone have any tips to making a success out of this? :)
  • nandrews
    nandrews Posts: 232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Don't let me be a downer, but the cash won't start rolling in and yet you will find it very frustrating sometimes. You'd think the survey companies would be leaning over backwards to make it easy and rewarding to contribute. But my experience is they just want the numbers and they want them as quickly and cheaply has they can.
    So don't be disappointed by being invited to survey after survey and find you are rejected at the start, in the middle or even near the end! You don't get diddly unless they are satisfied with your contribution!
    But heh! I am still doing them and it's not been unrewarding.
    So don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed. Enjoy the questions which sometimes can be fun. Get on many survey panels then you can pick and choose which you want to respond to.
    Come back here and share any problems or queries you have.

Good luck
    Nigel
  • adg89
    adg89 Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    I have been using Prolific for two months and have earned almost £40 so far, however MSE states that it charges fees and commissions to withdraw. As someone who has withdrawn on multiple occasions, I can confirm that this is not true.
    Also, another good site which I could not see in your list is the app-based Qmee where you can cash out to Paypal (no threshold) and surveys are sent daily (5p-£2 but most are around 30-50p).
  • DonnySam
    Options
    Just a word of warning about Pinecone. I signed up a while ago and for a long time everything was OK and my points balance built up nicely. But then I stopped receiving surveys for a few months. I raised the issue to be told that my account had been suspended for non-compliance, presumably for not completing any surveys! My account was reinstated and I recieved another survey which unfortunately arrived whilst I was out of the country and was unable to complete. The next survey arrived a couple of months later - coincidently a year and 4 days after my previously completed survey, thereby giving Pinecone the excuse to cancel my points balance (worth well over £100) on the basis that I had not completed any surveys for a 12 month period. I feel that Pinecone engineered this situation. I've complained but to no avail. They will not accept that the vast majority of this inactivity was due to their inactions. So just be vigilant and if you don't receive any surveys for a couple of months get onto it straight away. Not happy at all.
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    DonnySam wrote: »
    giving Pinecone the excuse to cancel my points balance (worth well over £100)

That really sucks, but why on earth would you accumulate over £100 worth of points? No matter what survey site I'm using, I cash out (or get vouchers) the moment I reach the threshold. For Pinecone, every time I get credit for a survey I claim £3 PayPal payment!!!!.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    cagsd wrote: »
    That really sucks, but why on earth would you accumulate over £100 worth of points? No matter what survey site I'm using, I cash out (or get vouchers) the moment I reach the threshold. For Pinecone, every time I get credit for a survey I claim £3 PayPal payment!!!!.

I let mine go to £5 so I can claim Amazon as I don't have paypal but I agree, always claim rewards on any survey site as soon as the redemption threshold is reached unless a much better rate is available for claiming larger amounts - there is no protection if you don't get paid.

the vast majority of this inactivity was due to their inactions

So it wasn't all down to them, they didn't know you were out of the country so it appears you simply failed to complete the survey which was already a second chance to remain on the panel (even if I didn't always claim my rewards as they become available I certainly would have claimed when they gave a second chance as I would then have known I could have lost the lot if they hadn't reactivated the account)
  • Gizmo72
    Gizmo72 Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 October 2019 at 12:18PM
    Options
    Harris cancelled my account for the same reason - they never sent me any surveys, so I couldn't do any surveys, so they closed my account due to inactivity - and it looks like Hi-epanel are going the same way - I keep on contacting them to find out the last time I did a survey or redeemed a reward but never get a reply.
    Edit: I got a reply today - it said there is no way to view when I last did a survey or got points, but says my last survey was in about June 2016.
    "A dog will sit next to you while you work. A cat will sit on the work."
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure