22 Foxhole East

Options

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Trying to find lunchboxes acceptable for 4 boys.

Losing the will to live.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • julicorn
    julicorn Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    Trying to find lunchboxes acceptable for 4 boys.

Losing the will to live.
    Good god, I can't even imagine what a mission that must be!
    Original mortgage: December 2017, £203,495
    MFW start: April 2018, £201,800
    Mortgage neutral: September 2022, mortgage redeemed: December 2022
    New house, new mortgage: December 2022, £276,007
    Current balance: £217,800 minus £8,300 overpayment savings pot
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Oops, accidently bought a sofa.

It was on the list of things I needed, and I baulked at having to pay £15 delivery for 2 streets away, but there you go, £75 all in for a klippan for the living room without having to go to IKE4. or Coventry. Will be here tomorrow and I can surprise DH with it in situ when he gets back from work. It is ridiculous to only have 2 sofas with the 6 of us, even if they seat 3 comfortably. this is better.

I have been inventorying the kids school uniform. We are currently one branded fleece down, 4 new white shirts have mysteriously disappeared, and no PE shorts! I think we might need 2 new blazers too.

All now named (unless it has disappeared) and returned to owners.
    I nearly died of boredom. I wrote the names and years in the younger ones. I gave up sewing in names when they started trashing their clothes quite so regularly.
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    You are very kind. I do not work, so I cannot get away from the mess. If I had a job or a social life that did not involve car parks, kids sports or squirrels, I would probably ignore it and book a nice holiday somewhere...

You do work - you manage a house and 4 children (plus an OH too) so never say you don't or let anyone tell you otherwise
    Oops, accidently bought a sofa.

It was on the list of things I needed, and I baulked at having to pay £15 delivery for 2 streets away, but there you go, £75 all in for a klippan for the living room without having to go to IKE4. or Coventry. Will be here tomorrow and I can surprise DH with it in situ when he gets back from work. It is ridiculous to only have 2 sofas with the 6 of us, even if they seat 3 comfortably. this is better.

:rotfl: I am waiting to order one (diff style) from the house of blue and yellow too (it was that or sofas x4 the £ which were lovely, but not justifiable with a cat, plus I'd have a canary fit if anyone spilt anything on them) We need some other work finished first so I can then have space in the garage to move the old sofas out to hopefully re-home elsewhere.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• f0xh0les
    Options
    Waiting in for the sofa to be delivered.

It is chucking it down.

Had to put a load of laundry in the dryer - it felt so odd after all these weeks of line drying to have to plug something in.

DH left the gas oven on low all night as he is a muppet. I am cross. I pay the bills, so it will come out of my money. Nearly 20 hours of wasted gas.

I need to start offering bits up for sale on the local selling site. I have a couple of waistcoats from the kids, and beavers uniforms, and dresses I have never worn (c./s dresses) Even at a few quid each I could do something with it - like pay some of the gas bill. Grrrr.

Right, off to do stuff before I get too annoyed about waiting in for delivery men.
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Delivery turned up at 12.15 It works, looks great and has already had 2 kids rolling on it. DS1 wandered in2 minutes after it had been delivered, looked confused and said 'how did I not notice that was there? Has it been there long?'

Bless
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    I have 'rediscovered' a whole half of the back room. Rediscovered it and hoovered it. Removed lots of empty cardboard boxes (???)

Repaid some of the kids account regular saver money I borrowed - now only owe £400, but £250 will be repaid on Monday, so it will only be £150 I owe the account. So will probably rob the account again next month. It seems to be working. I am only taking my money from one account to move to another one of my accounts.

I will be handing DS1s account over to him from October. £1600.00. We will see what he does with it. Hopefully he will hand it back until he is 18 and will get his government money to add to it. It should add up to £2,500 by then. Would be a nice amount for driving lessons and he already has his eye on my nippy little Nissan Micra. Gods! Itonly seems five minutes ago when he had his eye on a DS, now it is my car. time flies.

Today is school uniform buying day - then I have 11 days to get whatever is unavailable. There will be things which are unavailable. There always is.

Also need to pin down DS1 and DS2 and make them try their blazers on.
    DS1 is now officially taller than DH!! DH is only 5'7" I am 5'4 1/2 however my brother is 6'5" and DS1 favours him. It also means big old feet. Oh the joys! shoe shopping!

Every pair of kids shoes should come with a voucher for cake as a reward, or valium. Either or.

DH said the bedroom looks really good with the sofa in it. It does.
    DH said the living room looks really good with the sofa in it. It does.

So now I need to focus on the back room and what furniture needs to leave.. the.. house... which I find really scary, but if we move again then I can find something else.

I saw a nice coffee table on the local giving page. the woman had left it in her front garden, first come can have it. Saw it 24 hours later on a different selling site for £20. I don't mind people who get stuff and upcycle/fix it and sell it on, but that just does not sit well with me. It just seems rude. There is a lot of it about though.

So, it is nearly the weekend.
    Last football session today,
    ping pong for £1 tomorrow,
    park run for free on Sunday.

DH is off on a jolly after work tonight, but he has taken his bike so will not be drinking,

Right, best get my bum off this sofa and get on with it.
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Kids are back at football club.
    They whined the whole weekend about missing out, I caved. They are back in.

Bought cube units from Argos - only decided at 10pm and it was delivered at 7am the next day. I was still in bed (somehow thought it was from 7.30) so DS2 took them in for me. I was 10 minutes late getting up. Put them all up, and they are in DS4s attic bedroom. The cubes are much smaller than lke4 brand, but they look good and really suit the room.

Repaid £200 to kids accounts. I still owe them £200, I have it in the main bank account, but have not transfered it over in case I need it for an emergency....

I have unearthed the major list as it has been on the back burner while the kids were off school.
    I have realised that if I had not been overpaying the mortgage, a lot of the jobs would have been done already. But now I have a mortgage 'buffer' built up, and it is DH's Xmas present.
    But....that means I can afford to do most of the jobs, on my current budget.
    Which means if I pick up some actual paid employment, I am laughing.
    I think I may need to find a weekend/evening job.

There is only a small amount of school 'bits' left to buy.
    I have a list of 'snagging' jobs to be finished, mostly low cost, but just slightly off the radar. I need to get on with some of those.

Some are really simple - like DS1 and 2 want comfier mattresses. That would just be an online click (when funds available and not earmarked for something else - mind you, their mattresses are 2 years old, mine is 10 years old and is getting uncomfortable plus my divan sounds like a mouse torture device everytime anyone gets into or out of bed . Priorities. Mine first)

DS4 has school swimming lessons again this term. £22 for the first half term. Year 4 so I have to pay.

Masses of laundry to fold, sort, and return to owners, and a few of DH's shirts to iron - only about 4 so I am willing to do it (I hate ironing. I only iron shirts)

Step-Gran is tired all the time. She has managed to get tradesmen in and jobs done around the house since she got out of the hospital. She is trying to do Swedish death cleaning, I think. When she is not pretending to be at death's door.

I changed mobile phone provider the other month - about 3 or 4 months ago. I changed from an EEEE £17 a month, down to a £4.99 TPO a month contract. So far it has not cost me more than £4.99 and I am not sure whether I should have gone with the £3.99 option, as DS1 has not gone over his (smaller) allowance either.
    The only discernable difference is that I cannot receive picture messages (like photos) from DH, (not that kind!) and that it only works in UK not in Southern Ireland - as soon as you go over the border it drops to emergency calls only. Works fine in the North though. Really happy with the service. When I told EEee I was leaving, they offered my £17.99 a month service for £3.99. I had already set up my TP0 service by then. I have not missed them.

Plenty of things to be getting on with this morning.
  • f0xh0les
    Options
    Heading into the last week of August!
    Bank Holiday weekend coming up!

Shall I knock a sodding great hole in the back room fireplace??

Maybe first I should take the 3 small bags of rubble from the living room fireplace making project, and the cracked glazed door that is in my front garden, down to the tip? The door is behind the hedge so can only be seen by me and my neighbour. Just in case you thought I was a total loutish yob.

Anyone else got BH DIY planned?
  • chumpy45
    chumpy45 Posts: 495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I will match you on the tip visit this bank holiday weekend, and I will raise you by today's job of unblocking the drain outside the kitchen window. Oh yes, I know how to live in style. DH has just informed me that he has arranged a walking weekend with his friend this weekend. Ok, so it's me and the 4 DSs then :)
    Starting Mortgage 01.08.08 £171,209.24. [STRIKE]01.08.16 £42,418.93[/STRIKE]; [STRIKE]01.02.17 £36,584.00[/STRIKE]; [STRIKE]01.04.17 £34,694.7[/STRIKE]1 [STRIKE][STRIKE]09.06.17 £32,828.89 MFW Target date Sept 2017; :[/STRIKE][/STRIKE]) [STRIKE]06.08.18 £24,769.47[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.11.18 £23,825.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]22.01.19 £21,990.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE][STRIKE]06.02.19 £21,200[/STRIKE][/STRIKE] [STRIKE]03.03.19 £19,862.93[/STRIKE][STRIKE]01.05.19 £18,509.63[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.08.19 £16,750.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.10.19 £15,400.00[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]01.11.19 £14,700.00[/STRIKE] 01.12.19 £13,956.00 01.02.20 £12,503.61 01.04.20 £10,999.00
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback