Stash Busting 2019 - I WILL use my mountains of craft stash before buying more!

Options

Comments

• craftingmad
    craftingmad Posts: 2,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ponypal wrote: »
    Ahhh so excited to discover this! I am on a stationery ban this year and need a place to be accountable!

Welcome ponypal :)
    Don't get me started on stationery. Maybe I should add that into my challenge as I have a whole shelf full of pretty unstarted notebooks :)

I can't wait to hear about your journey :)
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • craftingmad
    Options
    Sayschezza wrote: »
    Thanks for the welcome Craftingmad although I can't guarantee my updates will be exciting.

I bet they will be more exciting than mine :D
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • craftingmad
    Options
    I'm declaring further 5 items towards my total.

A customer asked me to make some will you be my bridesmaid little bottles. I had great fun making them and everything was from my stash. I've even got enough stash left to make a few more and list them in my Etsy shop so I'm a happy bunny today :)

This means my total now stands at 81/2019 :)

Its going up slowly :)
  • rosie51
    rosie51 Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sewn up some knitted squares from old knitting stash, into 2 cat/dog blankets. Small start but will try to get more productive this year.
    2020 Stash makes/destash 61/150
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I’ve finished off another two notebooks so will take more of the recently made stash in later next week.

We’re all loving desks so will wait until after that so they’re not in the way.

We have two colleagues that are leaving and one student just got a job so I will try to make them some cards.

I’ve also finished several other bits of stationery and chucked out an some old dud pens. Managed to make one pen explode all I’ve my hand so that was fun. Haha.

21 / 400.

Need to focus on some small projects for the weekend as I have plans to build a snowman. I think I will need to decant the raspberry gin. Yay. Will obvs need to sample. As long as I don’t have a headache tomorrow. (I’ve got a headache so have taken co-codomol - I won’t sample if also on painkillers....)

I need to take a box of notebooks in. Some aren’t quite serious enough. Can’t be sat in court with a unicorn on my pad - so the serious one only really.

I hope you all have a great crafty weekend.

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • rosie51
    rosie51 Posts: 257 Forumite
    Options
    When's the gin testing invite coming?Free most days HA HA
    Sounds lovely.
    2020 Stash makes/destash 61/150
  • frizz2
    frizz2 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I hope you don't mind me joining too! I have a lot of fabric and wool to use up before I buy any more stuff. I also have lots of craft materials to use up. I am making a double quilt to use up some fabric. I can make it without spending any money. I have the backing fabric, wadding and I am making up some blocks with squares and triangles. I also have lots of wool for small projects, gloves, scarves etc. I keep looking at quilting fabrics reduced in the sales, but must use up what I have first!
    I have finished one quilt since January, made two small make up bags from patchwork scraps. I have started this second quilt.
    I pledge to make 200 items this year either in fabric or wool. Reading other people's makes is inspiring me!
    Keep crafting everyone!
  • Wraithlady
    Options
    Finally, I can declare 1 denim maxi-skirt made.

1 down, 49 other things to go....
    2024 Fashion on the Ration - 10/66 coupons used
    Crafting 2024 - 1/9 items finished
  • chirpycheap
    chirpycheap Posts: 207 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 21 January 2019 at 4:29PM
    Options
    Please may I join this challenge?
    Reading through all of the posts made me smile with wry recognition. It also revived my hankering for a Cinch!

I have a box room full of craft stuff and I've now begun to expand my craft empire to the rest of the house! I have been crafting for so many years it's just slowly accumulated. I knit, crochet and embroider. I make cards, scrapbook and do art and daily journals. I have started and failed to master dolls house miniatures, jewellery making, Fimo, paper flowers and lino cutting but I still have the stuff in case I suddenly get the urge to do it again.

My crafting is not a business just a hobby but a really important one for me. I think that my life is richer for the creative outlet it offers. So whilst hiring a skip and chucking everything in the bin has crossed my mind I know that what I need to do is to seriously declutter and to stop hoarding things.

I would like to declare a target of 200 items for 2019.
    This will include anything that I declutter, use up or make. In addition I am going to try my hardest not to add to my stash but if I am overcome with temptation and do buy something it then I will knock a point off my total
    Stashbusting 2019 - 230/300
  • frizz2
    frizz2 Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    I have decided to do an inventory of all the big pieces of fabric I have so that I can plan projects I want to do. Also group all fabrics that go together so I can see what I can make. I really want to make a dent on that fabric stash!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure