My 5 year plan

Options

Comments

• savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Congrats on combining weightloss and debt loss. I am doing the same. I rejoined Sl1mming W0rld last May and since then have lost 2st 9b. I think it helped me get off some medication I was on and stick more closely to my financial goals
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £183,754 Equity 26.5%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.25K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • Drawingaline
    Options
    Wow, well done on the weight loss. I have needed to shift two stone for the last few years and it just isn't happening. Buy tbh it's not been my focus really.

Well done on the lack of takeaways. We don't really do them, maybe pizza once in a while, we had it on my birthday this month which was my choice. We tend to eat in mostly too, but we have four kids and it gets very expensive if you go for anything other than fast food. We have a meal out planned next weekend for one of the children's birthdays, and it will probably cost near on £80! All budgeted for as we are going away, but still a crazy amount in my eyes.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Rab! That's a fab loss! Keep up the good work !!!55357;!!!56397;
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • Debtnomoreplease
    Options
    Hey Fatrab, just wanted to check in with you, as you're always good enough to comment on my diary. HUGE well done on the tax bill being paid off and done with-bet that's one amazing feeling! Also, fabulous weight loss-another good feeling. Glad to see you're doing so well-keep up the hard work :-) x
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    edited 3 February 2018 at 12:59PM
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who has commented, it really does mean a lot to me. Thank you for your support.

I was shocked when I stood on the scales this morning, expected 1 or 2 pounds off but to have lost 5 was amazing!!

I've been sticking to the 16:8 intermittent fasting and it seems to be working. Along with no beer or junk food of course...

Started the de-clutter this morning. Been through the kitchen, hall cupboard, loft and shed so far. Unfortunately nothing of value to sell, but the amount of space cleared will be helpful and the random junk that has accumulated over the past few years has been taken to the dump. A productive Saturday so far!

:)
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• fatrab
    Options
    Hey Fatrab, just wanted to check in with you, as you're always good enough to comment on my diary. HUGE well done on the tax bill being paid off and done with-bet that's one amazing feeling! Also, fabulous weight loss-another good feeling. Glad to see you're doing so well-keep up the hard work :-) x

The tax bill was an unexpected expense last month so it was a bit annoying that it popped up, I was expecting them to amend my tax code for next year and get the overpayment back that way. It has basically set my plan back a month but I'm going to compensate for that by looking at ways to reduce my outgoings even further. I've £100 per month to save for the next 10 months!

If I drive more economically I can save £40/month, that's a good start!

Been following your diary from the start and it's a shame MSE haven't been able to reinstate our original diaries. We started our journeys at the same time. :)

• JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Options
    Well done in the clear out front- we are doing much the same today! Moving things about, getting rid of things and generally just trying to improve the use of our storage and space. It's been ongoing for the last 4 or 5 weeks so we are getting there! Good luck!
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,614 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Fantastic weight loss. Well done on reducing the debt too.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • fatrab
    Options
    Morning! Happy Monday!

Day off today to attend chiropractor and doctor.

Unfortunatly didn't achieve any NSDs over the weekend, but still no alcohol and no takeaways which is good. And today will be a spend day too as the chiropractor (£35) is in the city centre and it's more cost effective to get the train instead of driving & parking.

Saturday's spending could've been avoided but was minimal, I went to the pub to watch the rugby and had 5 soda water & limes @ 70p each. Cabin fever was taking over so had to get out for a bit!

Sunday was shopping day, and as the weather was ok we took the wee one to a nearby mini-zoo (£1.40 each for entry) which was a nice change.

Diet is going really well, stepped on the scales again this morning and I've lost another 2 pounds. Can't believe how fast the weight is falling off but I'm sure this will slow down soon.

The old credit card's billing cycle has completed and the final full payment is due out on the 27th Feb so that'll be another thing gone and another step closer.

Credit cards are evil.

• enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,614 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done on the weight loss and debt reduction. Good that the old credit card will be gone this month. I am not sure I would agree they are evil as used sensibly they are a useful tool as long as you PAY IT OFF IN FULL as Martyn would say. In the wrong hands though they are too much temptation.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure