It's not a lot, but it's enough

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Fingers crossed. Hope the viewings go well. I do think you'll know when you see the place.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good luck with the house viewing.

Pmo2
    x
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning all,

Well....

The viewing went well, very well. I met with the owner of the flat who showed me round and the flat was really nice. The place was spotless and you could tell she'd taken good care of it the last 6 years. My mum and I approved and so asked her what she was looking for and the latest offer she's had was £93,500. My mum asked if I was to top that, would she take it off the market? To which said explained she was in no rush to leave and so probably not. Her last property had a bidding war between 4 people - so I recon she'll hope for the same again. Don't blame her.

My step-dad wasn't able to attend last night, so I think we'll arrange a 2nd viewing on Tuesday so he can come along and give his thoughts.

I asked her about her bills and they were as follows;

Factor fees - £50 - £80 per quarter
    Council tax - £106 per month
    Gas & Elec - £36 per quarter
    Didn't tell what she paid for internet, phone and sky, but based on what other people pay, let's assume £60.

Gas and electricity for £36 every 3 months?! Surely not. Again, let's assume she means every month. Couple the above bills with calculations on mortgages at a 10% deposit, then it's doable and comes under my planed monthly expenditure of £750.

Determined not to get overly excited. I've only seen the place for 30 minutes for goodness sake. I've 2 viewings tomorrow so I might prefer them, we'll see.

Speaking of the weekend. I'm hoping to spend as little as possible. Rugby on Saturday and the Old Firm on Sunday means I've got an excuse. Need to get petrol and food on Sunday for the week ahead though.

I'm trying to think of the cheapest way to eat lunch and dinner for 7 days on low-carb. I recon soup for lunch and an omelette for dinner, so I recon I'll try that and see how much my bill comes to.

Anyway, I'll check back in on Saturday post-viewings and let you know how things go.

Happy Friday.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Well it's good that you've seen somewhere that you like so you're on the right track. Hope the rest of the weekend viewings go well.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Phoned and arranged 2nd viewing for Tuesday, 6.30pm.

Also got a mortgage in principle after following the guide on here, so feeling much more comfortable with the situation.

The adviser done some sums over the phone and the monthly payments would come in at around £400 per month. £100 less than what I was budgeting for. All looking good so far.
  • Chandelier.
    Chandelier. Posts: 933 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    That's brilliant Speky in regards to the viewings and all sounds positive. Here's hoping that the next viewing is just as good!
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning all,

The 2 flats I viewed on Saturday have quickly been binned. The first was a tiny 1 bed and the 2nd was in a horrid area. Nothing lost anyway. I spent Saturday night sitting in the house, behaving, while my friends were out. I had a cup of tea in my hand watching Ant & Dec and had a look at myself and realised, I've changed hahaha.

Yesterday, I didn't do much. Got my shopping and petrol, bit of exercise, family dinner and cleaned up.

Back to it today. Usual Monday for me. Gym this morning, work, homemade soup for lunch, omelette for dinner, badminton and an early night.

2nd viewing tomorrow in which I think I'll tell they owner of my serious interest. More I think about it, the more I think it's the right one. Anyway, no point in getting too excited just now.
  • VelvetFreak
    Options
    Glad to hear the house hunting is going well for the moment. Hope tomorrow works out in your favour :)
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning all,

Yesterday was a NSD as planned. Nothing terribly exciting happened.

Today will be a NSD too. I've brought homemade soup with me for lunch and I'll have an omelette tonight for dinner.

I'm meeting my step-dad at the potential flat at 6.30 for this 2nd viewing. We spoke last night and I think I'll go for it, so some negotiating with the owner tonight hopefully. I'll be sure to update you all on how it goes.

Have a nice day all.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you Speky - I hope that you love it and can negotiate a bargain.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback