Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pepsi max 8 can pack is £2.50 at W and is on mp.
    Used my w coupons but not very efficiently!

Came home to T mailing which has increased to £60 spends!
    One £9 off and 2 x £6 off......
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    pippo wrote: »
    Damn was at the coop earlier for nann breads! I'll look out for them as my dear grumpy one is partial to a ginger biscuit! In fact he is partial to any type of biscuit and is stoically working through the Family Circle and Victorias! And yes, great for a cheese cake base.

Interesting about Nann breads as I saw something last week on FB where someone was making their own nann breads from just yogurt and flour, just a cup of each - they certainly looked the part.
    I'd just bought coconut nann breads from Asda for £1 and felt as if I'd been diddled and I should have tried to make my own.

I've also got a biscuit eater - I dread to think how much processed sugar he puts away in an average day ... And he works with a chap who has to jab himself twice a day and check his blood sugar levels ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Whenever I add these offers to my card they never come off at the till and always cause a problem.
    If you signed up to the baby club check your paper coupons for a £5 off £20.

Afternoon peeps.
    Cold..... :eek:

Yes I tend to have problems as well but the toothpaste def worked for me last time. The app has just been updated so it might work better now
    Previously I've messaged them with screen shots of my receipt and card and they have added points onto my card which is how I am up to over £16 worth now :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    who is our Boots app expert?

The offers updated and I've got
    50 points for healthcare - would they work on cheap pain killers?
    75 points wyb a dental product - that's an easy one, just the normal Boots smile
    75 points wyb 2 Boots toiletries - toothpaste is a toiletry so would this work with 2 toothpastes? Really don't need more shower gel or shampoo or conditioner ...

75 points on £4 facial skincare - pity there is nothing on cashback

Thanks for the heads up on this. :D

Anadin is part of the illustration online, so I'll try paracetamol at 49p.

I've also got the female anti-perspirant/deodorant offer with 75 points, and their OB bodyspray is only 75p.

Footcare and cough/cold are hard categories though as nothing is under £1. I tried tissues under cough/cold last time but it didn't work.

The own brand shampoo/conditioner have gone up to 90p :eek: so I might try the handwash at 75p each.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    We were just playing snakes and ladders with dgs and something rather unusual happened. The first 6 throws of the dice were 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 then 6:eek:
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    I'm new to the 50p hunt, but haven't got that one either. Can you tell me which is the best 'list' to go by?

Snap's our expert, she'll tell you. :)
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm new to the 50p hunt, but haven't got that one either. Can you tell me which is the best 'list' to go by?

50p-coin-checker-1.jpg
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    9fe6a42458eef4c83d8a1f40b2ee0b88.jpg
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Serendipitious
    Options
    We were just playing snakes and ladders with dgs and something rather unusual happened. The first 6 throws of the dice were 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 then 6:eek:

Oooer, that's a bit weird.

• davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    Looking for a Wrestling Olympic 50p is my mission, to complete my friend's Mum's collection.
    Between us (friends) we have managed to find every one from our spares - even the rare ones :)
    I'm going have to spend money & buy one _pale_ not very MSE :o

Oh, that was good, when we could buy the 50p's direct from the royal mint for 50p, then sell them on, made a reasonable amount from that. As usual, wish I had done more/held onto some, but hey, instant gratification is also good :D
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family