PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Mhagster_2
    Options
    Monday Schmonday...was up at 4am dealing with a vomiting dog and what had once been a sock!

Heavy snow overnight and first thing but the great thaw appears to have taken place throughout the day. Beautiful dog walk first thing.

Walked to T in the snow. Needed milk and bread.

Made soup for lunch. Lentil and then some parsnip and apple for tomorrow .

DD still poorly. DS had his driving lesson.

They had fish for tea and I had a baked potato.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Evening Peeps,

Let’s do Sunday, cos Monday will be difficult!

1. Hotel room (bunker), and breakfast were not great in comparison to the company flat of the day before, but was subject of amusement.

2. Stroll down Colombia Road. Bought succulants and hyacinths and nice coffee.

3. Brick Lane........Found coffee sack from Peru, to make a cushion for DD. A nice vintage dress for me and lots of vinyl for DH. Bagels for lunch.

4. The Harry Potter shop in Kings Cross. DF got a Nifler.

5. Home in time for tea. Managed to assemble chicken Kiev, sweet corn and wedges from the freezer. Watched Call the Midwife, then bed.

Monday

1. Parcelled up EBay sales.

2. Work on time. Started off quite positive!

3. Dropped EBay parcels at Coop and found some good rtc bargains on the way home.

4. Slow cooker ‘Snorkers and beans’ casserole. Yum.

5. DD washing all done. She returns from hols on Wednesday.

Time for bed. Night night. :)
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 February 2018 at 11:55PM
    Options
    ampersand, thanks for that - I did go on a bit didn!!!8217;t I?

MrsSD
    #
    Absolutely not, mrs sd!

Here is &, just in, all manymanymany things done [inc. renewed memshp of smug barstewards club, for this point of writing only]....all at the end of a day which parallels your harleydom, to be posted demain.
    :jAnnouncement: &'S NEW MOB. IS RE-FOUND.:j
    [No, of course & won't be saying how/where...don't be silly. Only one of those is known anyway.]
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Felt more positive yesterday.

1. Lovely sunrise. The sky was a beautiful orange/red colour.

2. DH has spoken to planners and the planner was reassuring but non committal but the comments 're the disruption and selling the house after the extension has been built are irrelevant.

3. Good day at work. I work with someone I like at an outside clinic so much more relaxed but all work gets done.

4. Light when I arrived home. It feels that you have more time when you get home with some light. I felt far more energized.
    Tea had mostly been cooked as had cooked a gammon in the slow cooker and plenty left over.

5. DS1 texted me. Seemed okish. He has a few days off soon and girlfriend is working so hopefully he will be able to rest.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,954 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all - another day, another train. This one is to Lunnon town for a seminar. Regent Street which makes a change - and i get to talk to other people which also makes a train. Stunning red sky out the window - which doesn't bode well

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Nice bathy, watched call the midwife
    2. Brother turned up safe after an epic drive - "you could have told me there were high bits" . Yep, they're called mountains :rotfl:
    3. Took him out for lunch at steam train cafe - veggie chilli was lush
    4. train journey back uneventful and got lots done.
    5. A couple of episodes of mad men with veggie soup when i got in as no-one else home.

Have a good day all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) The wonderful weather of yesterday and not having to go out in the wet and windy nastiness that is today!

2) DD1 and James are back from their trip to Germany and I'll get to hear about it today.

3) Trip to Lidl planned for later this morning to stock up on tins.

4) On a day like this...waterproofs. wellingtons, central heating, double glazing and TV!

5) Cookie, she's with us for the week and is such a lovely little dog, she's used to coming now and is as comfy here as she is at home. Nor trouble at all and a delight to be with!
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning. For yesterday
    1) fortuitous meeting up with colleague from another school (uni now split into 9 schools) on way in. World domination progressed a little more
    2) library now has boiling water tap. Took in milk teabags and mug, saved enough pennies for several tins of beans bop
    3) took curry in for lunch. Bit of a queue for microwave but was lish
    4) I chaired lunch time meeting - we finished in an hour (I do hate meetings that go on and on)
    5) back to library, milk still absolutely fine, more tea consumed, more smugness for pennies saved :-) and a nsd
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Monday pleasures,

Cracking on with housework and reaping the benefits of a tidy home.

Sorting through a wardrobe, much stuff put to one side for charity shop, rag bag for BHF.

RTC puff pastry made a couple of goats cheese tarts and there will be enough for pie topping tonight.

Watched Collateral, confused but will persist.

A very special anniversary for Capt S and I when we realised that 14 years of friendship had blossomed into something much deeper, the rest as they say is history.
  • DundeeDoll wrote: »
    2) library now has boiling water tap. Took in milk teabags and mug, saved enough pennies for several tins of beans bop
    Has beans! Mind you that is a coffee tap, no good for proper tea! And you should see the gunk in the galley when I worked on aircraft caused by boiling water! Don't let me putt you off though!

5 Was again inn the gym last eve showing off this seasons beach ready look. More to come!

4 Then we decided to have a pizza as it was very late for BoP and we had bought a new lamp for the lounge and a lampshade for the dining room! Not often, but from the local Italian not the domino place. It was not delivered. Wobbleade was taken. We had to have pizza because yet again, we have not got the haricot has beans inn!

3 Dining room floor is being lain tomorrow and then at easter me and BoPsie will not be decorating, nor will we sit outside the wallpaper emporium either!

2 Cus wes is offs to the smoke at easter. The Royal Albert Hall on 31st March … You know what that is for as well #RAF100 BoPsie is driving!

We know it hurts, but then this is your version of the Life of BoP
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I tell you, this leave stuff is potent. I'm not entirely sure what day it is (other than still forecast snowy).

Mrs SD - I love a good bike story & that is a corker! Awed at how *well* he manages to break down - convenient to a passable cafe. Delighted that despite Fate taking a bite out of leg (so tricky, blokes haven't all that helpful hipbone to raid for spares) you & he are still riding! Runs a pensive eye around, nope, not living sufficiently Swedish that a bit of Death Cleaning would be noticeable. Roast beef dinner - whimpers in fond recollection/muffled covetousness.
    BoP - courage that man - whilst there are still snorkers & a grilled tom, the beans will be back eventually. Hurrah Royal Albert Hall!
    VJsmum - some days being allowed to hug is a very special treat! That Wales has mountains comes as news to brother?! Why they had castles - you could see next week coming from the right places.
    Mrs LW - love the happy Cookie visits! Absolutely right with the right kit for the weather being a pleasure.
    mcculloch - bless you for reassuring me re:Jack book - I'm trying to equip sons with the relevant tools to leave in safety...
    Mhagster - may one child message a little more, another heal, and another join you outside mealtimes?! A bigger house? Why not?! Oh Haggis! Dear dog, all this eating of the Wrong Things? Parsnip & apple soup sounds amazing & glorious in this coolth.
    Ampersand - bulbs peeking are a wondrous pleasure. Little explosions of hope. Peacock butterfly joined you - special indeed! My Denby is Imperial Blue for everyday & pretty much anything I can get for under 50 pence a piece for the fun. Special love for manor green & homestead brown & the sheer cuddlable shapes, but I may end up writing the reference book on Denby patterns & colours & shapes 1995 on as I've no reference book & t'internet isn't that helpful. (That they are now doing limited editions of things to accent other ranges is going to drive future collectors slightly scatty & other than trying to log some of this madness I can't help as it's too expensive for me!)
    Purple kitten - delighted little un is home! Awed at the organisation that has warranty boxes & discriminates between cs & raffle prizes!
    Frith - sis currently wishes to live in 1950s? Yet (do I recall correctly?) is to become a mother? An element of compromise may be indicated, but also whatever would be out of period with a bit of strategic make do & mend in the interim & then raising an exquisitely discerning young person?
    villagelife - delighted you got a rugby buzz albeit from small boy. Planning complaints stressful, but if just about temporary inconvenience, a waste of effort. Let them feel they've had their say, bite lip on raging hypocrisy & let planning shrug it off. Support your son with cake, that he may invite some of these whining whatsists over if feeling strong, or just enjoy it if not? Hear hear daylight after work is good for morale!
    Dundeedoll - smarties are a formidably efficient charitable collection vessel - for the initial outlay you don't half get a load back. OK you also get a stonking percentage never to be seen again, but the ones that do come back are usually absolutely worth it. Bring your own teabags is almost always a shrewd move.
    LaineyT - the first quiet moments of the day are hugely underestimated! Removing shoes? That's an inconvenient hobby. Happy anniversary!
    House elf - always better to laugh when comparing. Had to look up niffler, but Fantastic Beasts on my To Watch list!

OS Pleasures recently
    Having social child out with pals who responded helpfully to a text suggesting he return lugging 12 pints of milk. No need to go out for another 2 days!

A bowl of porridge. My favourite kind of central heating, espcially if someone else is washing up. (I am a devout leave-to-soak-er, if that counts towards grace? I reserve some of my chilliest tones for when asked to rescue a bowl or pan that has been allowed to cool with other detritus scattered & then set...)

Ventured out gratuitously to the gym. Where I eyeballed the free weights kit & reassured myself no German errors of judgement were likely then hammered away for a bit & returned beaming. Through falling snow.

A son thinks I am wonderful because I have placed the Altered Carbon series within his grasp. The 20 seconds I've seen looks fun, but he assures me I should start at the beginning with No Spoilers. As methods of gracefully derailing your mother from gawking over your shoulder goes, that one (with cup of tea) was admirable. The advanced course will need to include hiding the evidence of eating assorted biscuits & cakes, empty wrappers & packets of which have been abandoned.

Playing hunt the passport photos. I've not found those (frankly hideous) images yet, but a tesco voucher good for another 2 years & several other interesting bits of paper, including a funfair snap that may hideously embarrass relevant son in years to come. Carefully copied onto phone for future reference.

All health, strength, courage, luck, hwbs & dry feet all round!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback