Very difficult situation regarding grandmother's will

Options

Comments

• gll5dm
    gll5dm Posts: 112 Forumite
    Options
    ... still waiting and no word at all on what's going on. Even their managing director who I emailed regarding their complaints procedure is ignoring me, classic!
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I assume you did insist on it being considered a formal complaint back in August? They have eight weeks after receiving your complaint to issue a final response, after which you can go straight to the Legal Ombudsman. Which means they have one more month.
  • Yorkshireman99
    Options
    gll5dm wrote: »
    ... still waiting and no word at all on what's going on. Even their managing director who I emailed regarding their complaints procedure is ignoring me, classic!
    Did you make a formal written complaint by letter rather than email? Much more effective in my experience particularly if sent by Sugned For service.
  • gll5dm
    edited 28 September 2017 at 10:50AM
    Options
    HUGE UPDATE!

Just found out that the company has been placed into adminitration. Honestly have no idea what is going to happen now, but at least know why they've been fobbing us off for months and haven't been responding to emails for weeks and weeks...

http://www.deeside.com/flint-based-law-firm-goes-administration/

That looks like very bad news for me. They must have been trying to buy time for ages knowing that they were headed into administration. Apparently we'll be contacted, but we haven't heard a single thing yet... and have no way to contact anybody. Great.
  • Yorkshireman99
    Options
    HUGE UPDATE!

Just found out that the company has been placed into adminitration. Honestly have no idea what is going to happen now, but at least know why they've been fobbing us off for months and haven't been responding to emails for weeks and weeks...

http://www.deeside.com/flint-based-law-firm-goes-administration/

That looks like very bad news for me. They must have been trying to buy time for ages knowing that they were headed into administration. Apparently we'll be contacted, but we haven't heard a single thing yet... and have no way to contact anybody. Great.
    Any client's money will be ring fenced. Still send your complaint it anyway.
  • Brighty
    Options
    Looking at the state of their offices, they look far from being 'Quality Solicitors'
  • gll5dm
    Options
    Brighty wrote: »
    Looking at the state of their offices, they look far from being 'Quality Solicitors'
    I know - shocking! This trust fund has been passed around so many times it's a wonder the files haven't been lost in the process. Oh well, can kiss goodbye to seeing a single penny of it this year I guess. Will have to wait for a letter from this new firm who is dealing with it.
  • gll5dm
    Options
    Any client's money will be ring fenced. Still send your complaint it anyway.
    There's nowhere to send the complaint to - the company doesn't exist any more. Their phone lines are down, emails not being answered and unfortunately I live a few thousands miles too far away to drop by and see if anybody is there.
  • Yorkshireman99
    Options
    There's nowhere to send the complaint to - the company doesn't exist any more. Their phone lines are down, emails not being answered and unfortunately I live a few thousands miles too far away to drop by and see if anybody is there.
    The administrator will be able to give contact details for the solicitor(s) who has taken the client work over.
  • gll5dm
    Options
    I've spoken to the new guy in charge of the trust fund. It's been moved to a solicitors place in Sheffield and I need to call him back on Monday afternoon. Hopefully be able to move this along in the near future as this has been a joke to deal with. 5 months and counting.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure